So... Heirs to the Shogunate huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So... Heirs to the Shogunate huh?

Hey, can anyone remind me what was so cool about this supplement? It's been so long that I only remember being interested in a longer description for the Violet Fang...

Were new Martial Arts going to be included?

Man... what was the last Ex3 book released?

What are you expecting from this book?

Join the Strife

I'm always happy to see more charms and artifacts

Comment

Wasn't the Realm released like a month or two ago?

Heirs to the Shogunate is a massive book based on the stretch goals, with new locations, artifacts, charms, Gunzhosha armor Evocations, and probably some other stuff I've forgotten. It seems like it's going to be pretty substantial.

Comment

Yeah the Realm hit in June did it not? Also I mean even if you don't like one outcaste group good thing there are a lot of them. Plus charms and mechanics. All that good shit that will be essentially a 200 page extra content addendum to WFHW.

Comment

From the Kickstarter front page, here's the stretch goals that were achieved that were being included in Heirs of the Shogunate.
          • CHARMS EXPANSION - new Charms
          • LOOKSHY EXPANSION - Additional setting detail and mechanics for Lookshy, including stats and Evocations for their fabled gunzosha armor
          • LOOKSHY EXPANSION #2 - Additional setting detail and mechanics for Lookshy, elaborating on military forces and redoubts
          • LOOKSHY EXPANSION #3 - A section on the gentes and individual Lookshyans of note
          • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION– Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Forest Witches, including mechanics for the dead of Atsiluth Eternal
          • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION #2– Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Forest Witches, including stats for numina of the mists
          • FOREST WITCHES EXPANSION #3 - Forest Witch factions such as the Company of Thrones and the Table of Fiends, and individual Forest Witches of note
          • OUTCASTE EXPANSION - Additional setting detail and mechanics for outcaste groups
          • OUTCASTE EXPANSION #2- Additional setting detail and mechanics for more outcaste groups
          • OUTCASTES EXPANSION #3 - more outcaste groups and individual outcastes of note
          • CADET HOUSE EXPANSION – Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Scarlet Dynasty’s cadet houses
          • CADET HOUSE EXPANSION #2 - additional cadet houses and noteworthy cadet house members
          • PRASAD EXPANSION – Additional setting detail and mechanics for the Empire of Prasad
          • PRASAD EXPANSION #2 - the Dragon Clans and noteworthy Prasadi characters
          • REALM EXPANSION #1: War in the West – A section dealing with the impending war between House Peleps and House V’neef
          • REALM EXPANSION #2: Secondary Schools - materials to run games set in the secondary schools
          • REALM EXPANSION #3: Realm Civil War - a section discussing the run-up to open war between the Great Houses of the Realm
          • REALM EXPANSION #4: War in the West Part 2 - noteworthy factions and characters involved in the War in the West
          • QC EXPANSION #1 – Quick Character write-ups for Tepet Arada, Ragara, Karal Linwei, Peleps Deled, and V’neef
          • QC EXPANSION #2 - Quick Character write-ups for Sesus Eshuvar, Kingfisher Swift, Left Hand Chalima, Righteous River, and Yushoto Mathar
          • CHAPTER FICTION - a short fiction piece illuminating the world of the Dragon-Blooded will be added to the beginning of each chapter
          • PLAYER HANDOUTS - 2-page player handouts for the five Dragon-Blooded background options (The Realm, Lookshy, Prasad, the Forest Witches, and Outcastes)
          • ART UPGRADE - interior illustrations for the Dragon-Blooded Companion will be upgraded to full-color
          I could have sworn there were like 3 more Martial Arts in there but I don't see it in the list.

I post Artifacts in this thread. How I make them is in this thread.
          I have made many tools and other things for 3rd Edition. I now host all of my creations on my Google site: The Vault of the Unsung Hero

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
            Hey, can anyone remind me what was so cool about this supplement? It's been so long that I only remember being interested in a longer description for the Violet Fang...
            Note that the page for the Dragon-Blooded Kickstarter is still up, and can be consulted for things like this.

The list of content that was unlocked for Heirs to the Shogunate includes
            • New charms
            • Expanded details on Lookshy, including stats and evocations for gunzosha armor, military forces and redoubts, and gentes and individual notable Lookshyans.
            • Expanded details on the Forest Witches, including mechanics for the dead in Atsiluth Eternal, stats for numina of the mists, and details on factions and individuals of note.
            • More details on various outcaste groups, including mechanics and some individual notable outcastes.
            • Additional details, mechanics, and notable individuals for the Realm's cadet houses.
            • Additional details and notable individuals for the Empire of Prasad.
            • Expanded details on the Realm's War in the West between Peleps and V'neef, including noteworthy factions and individuals
            • Expanded details on the Realm's secondary schools, focusing on running games set there.
            • Discussion of the run-up to the Realm Civil War
            • Quick character writeups for Tepet Arada, Ragara, Karal Linwei, Peleps Deled, V’neef, Sesus Eshuvar, Kingfisher Swift, Left Hand Chalima, Righteous River, and Yushoto Mathar
            • Chapter fiction for each chapter
            • 2-page handouts for the Dragon-Blooded background options (The Realm, Lookshy, Prasad, The Forest Witches, and Outcastes).
            Originally posted by Gonzo
            Were new Martial Arts going to be included?
            Looks like no new Martial Arts are in Heirs, no.

Originally posted by Gonzo
            Man... what was the last Ex3 book released?
            I believe that was The Realm, which was only released a couple months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
              I could have sworn there were like 3 more Martial Arts in there but I don't see it in the list.
              No martial arts, but there are a bunch of neat backer artifacts.

Freelancer | Content Creator
              Twitter | Youtube | Patreon

Comment

Originally posted by The Unsung Hero View Post
                You may be thinking of the Martial Arts write-ups slated for the Lunars companion book, Many-Faced Strangers.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

I noticed all the expanded stuff for the various non-Realm groups, but I didn't notice that there's a section on running games in dynastic secondary school. That's a good idea, it's a popular kind of game.

Heirs has been in Development. I can never quite get the hang of their process, but I assume it's in the order they show things; First Draft (which has Exigents, Many-Faced Strangers and Crucible of Lengends ie the ST companion), Redlines, Second Draft (Across the Eight Directions), Development (Heirs to the Shogunate), Manuscript Approval, Post-Approval Development, Editing/Art Direction (Lunars).

It's nice to see there's a lot of things in the pipeline, but I can't tell how long Heirs of the Shogunate will be. From the end of Development to actual release took Dragonblood and the Realm about a year, but they might do less art for the companion books, or black-and-white, or use some art that was cut for space from Dragonblood.
                  So I really can't tell.

I guess if it's not in Art Direction, it won't be out until after Lunars, so probably like middle of next year or something. Really not sure.

My Exalted characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                    Heirs has been in Development. I can never quite get the hang of their process, but I assume it's in the order they show things; First Draft (which has Exigents, Many-Faced Strangers and Crucible of Lengends ie the ST companion), Redlines, Second Draft (Across the Eight Directions), Development (Heirs to the Shogunate), Manuscript Approval, Post-Approval Development, Editing/Art Direction (Lunars).
                    Close! After development, there's editing, post-editing development, and then approvals. Art direction is a parallel track.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

I also am excited for forest witches material

Comment

It's apparent to me that Heirs of the Shogunate is the kind of thing that, in the model of a prior Edition, would have straight up been an entire supplement to itself, or more likely three. All that stuff about Lookshy, the Forest Witches and outcastes.

It's not a small order.

How many years was it between the original release of Exalted: the Dragon Blooded and Exalted: the Outcastes again?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                          It's apparent to me that Heirs of the Shogunate is the kind of thing that, in the model of a prior Edition, would have straight up been an entire supplement to itself, or more likely three. All that stuff about Lookshy, the Forest Witches and outcastes.

It's not a small order.

How many years was it between the original release of Exalted: the Dragon Blooded and Exalted: the Outcastes again?
                          Exalted: the Dragon-Blooded came out early in 2002. Exalted: the Outcaste came out in 2004, and was one of the first books of that year if I remember right.

Remember also that a lot of stuff originally in the supplement is actually in the WFHW (I think it's bigger than the original DB book, and a lot of stuff on the Realm got moved to well, The Realm). So some stuff got spread around a bit.

And stuff.
                          My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Hmmm, very interesting question!

My DB pdf says 2002 (Exalted 1st ed core was 2001).
                            Outcastes says 2004 (3 years into the line).

My Exalted characters:
                            Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                            Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng

Comment

Looking on the KS page, the backer-chosen bits are:
                              5 Custom Artifacts
                              5 Backer-Chosen QCs
                              30 Custom Charms

So add that to the docket there. There's also I believe a similar number of just extra Charms that are getting written becuase that was part of the stretch goals.

And stuff.
                              My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Working...
                              X