Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you use memories of previous Exaltations in your chronicles? How?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

It's certainly a popular one.
    And I can understand why. The way I keep it 'fresh' is to get an understanding of what I want out of the character and build both the artifact and the past life as aspects of that overall metacharacter. Perhaps the past life was prone to overzealousness? Then their current life will overcorrect, leading to new problems, and their weapon will gain benefits if my character acts in a balanced way? That sort of thing.

Also, and this is totally a subjective personal opinion, I'm not a huge fan of crafting in general, so this is perhaps the best way of getting these rare magical weapons and armor.

Comment

I want to like crafting... but compared to the background dots it costs to get artefacts, it's always ended up feeling way too expensive. Maybe if you made artefact weapons and armour for the entire group, but some people don't want it, some people already have them, etc, etc.

Originally posted by Dietaku
      The way I keep it 'fresh' is to get an understanding of what I want out of the character and build both the artifact and the past life as aspects of that overall metacharacter. Perhaps the past life was prone to overzealousness? Then their current life will overcorrect, leading to new problems, and their weapon will gain benefits if my character acts in a balanced way? That sort of thing.
      That's a good idea.

My characters:
      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
      Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        I want to like crafting... but compared to the background dots it costs to get artefacts, it's always ended up feeling way too expensive. Maybe if you made artefact weapons and armour for the entire group, but some people don't want it, some people already have them, etc, etc.
        I wish we had some sort of story beat system that would handle things like this. A bit like how you can introduce facts with Lore. But rather, with Artifacts, each Evocation would specifically introduce some bit of history, story hook, location, past life, or some such Chronicle-interactive detail. I do somewhat miss older systems' point-buy schemes for such things, even.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Working...
        X