Clear All

• Jancarius
    started a topic Command/Battle Groups Question

Command/Battle Groups Question

"At five dots, this Merit provides either a Size 5, Might 0
    group with Elite Drill and the traits of elite rather than
    average troops, or five Size 5, might 0 groups with Average
    Drill, or two Size 5, Might 0 groups with Elite Drill."

I have a question about this merit at 5 dots. Essentially, I can take 5 Size 5 - Average troops, 2 Size 5 Elite troops, or 1 Size 5 Elite Troop with Elite traits. What does this last one mean? I can't find an explanation in the Battle groups section of the core.

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Elite troops are (obviously) way better.

But training Charms can raise the stats of Average troops to Elite troops pretty trivially.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancarius View Post
    The ones on page 497? So the Elite single unit would attack with 4 more dice and have a higher parry, etc, compared to the other 2?
    Bingo. Average tropps are on page 496, or at least they start there, and elite troops on page 497. Then add all the bonuses for size and drill to their statistics and you have their stats for the size 5 battlegroup.

Leave a comment:

• Jancarius
    replied
    The ones on page 497? So the Elite single unit would attack with 4 more dice and have a higher parry, etc, compared to the other 2?

Leave a comment:

• Chausse
    replied
    These are profils of NPC in the Core Exalted Book if I'm not mistaken. Basically the ones without Elite traits are avreage soldier from the NPC chapter in the Core Book, and the ones with Elite traits are Elite soldiers from the NPC chapter in the Core Book

Leave a comment:

Working...
X