No announcement yet.

Survey: Where is your 3rd ed game set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey: Where is your 3rd ed game set?

On the Isle? The Dreaming Sea? The Scavenger Lands? The Cinder Coast?

I'm just curious as to how popular different areas are for different splat types, and how much people are using the new areas that 3rd ed has introduced.

Nalak42 (Db) - North
    Uknown Darklord - North
    BadassOverlord (S) - North
    Kerredai - North
    BadassOverlord (Db) - North
    Zardoz (Db) - North
    Satoshi (S) - North
    Valles (L) - North
    Valles (S) - North
    Clophiroth (Db) - North
    Epitome (S/L) - Far North-East
    DrLoveMonkey (S) - Far North-East
    The MG (Db) - North-East
    Oz (L) - North-East
    Sagara (S) - North-East
    The MG (S) - Gloam
    Synapse (S/L/Db/Ab) - East
    Valles - Scavenger Lands/East
    Zardoz (S) - Scavenger Lands
    Uknown Darklord - Scavenger Lands
    Janissay87 (S) - Scavenger Lands
    Sagara (S) - Scavenger Lands
    Katana1515 - Scavenger Lands
    ArcainOne - Scavenger Lands
    Epitome (S) - Scavenger Lands
    Dietaku (S/L) - Scavenger Lands
    DrLoveMonkey - Scavenger Lands
    Taleksi (S/L) - Scavenger Lands
    Alucard (S/L/Db) - Scavenger Lands
    Pram - Scavenger Lands
    Valles (Db) - Dreaming Sea
    Epee (S/L/Db) - Dreaming Sea
    Kelly (S/Alch) - Dreaming Sea
    The MG (DB) - Dreaming Sea
    Sagara (S/M) - Dreaming Sea
    Chausse - Dreaming Sea
    Zardoz (S) - Dreaming Sea
    LeTipex (S) - Dreaming Sea
    The MG (S) - Dreaming Sea
    The MG (S) - South-East (not Dreaming Sea)
    Oz (S/L) - South-East (not Dreaming Sea)
    Oz (S/L/Db/FF) - South
    Katana1515 - South
    DrLoveMonkey - South
    Sundance - South
    BadassOverlord (S) - South
    Epitome (S/Db) - South
    Clophiroth (L) - South-West
    DrLoveMonkey (DB) - South-West and Blessed Isle
    The MG (S) - South-West
    Clophiroth (Db) - South-West
    Kunoichi (S/L/Db) - South-West
    BadassOverlord (S) - South-West
    BadassOverlord (L) - South-West
    Simon (Db/S) - South-West and West
    DrLoveMonkey (S) - West
    ArcainOne - West
    Sith_Happens - West
    Synapse (S/L/Db) - West
    Pram - West
    Alucard (S) - West
    DrLoveMonkey - West
    The MG (S) - West
    Eldagusto (S) - Far North-West.
    Zardoz (Db) - Autocthon
    Sagara (Db) - Blessed Isle

(Some of these are previous games no longer running, but I've tried to stick to 3rd edition.)

What about your groups?
    Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 09-19-2019, 09:08 AM.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Round-Robin Game (Three Solars, one Lunar, one DB): Scavenger Lands (two stories on the road, two in Nexus)

Other games are on hold at the moment.

Comment

Is your Western game finished or on pause? It sounded like a cool game.

My characters:
      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
      Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Solar/DB mixed game (4/1) - The South, all over the place, from Kirighast to the elemental pole of fire. Ended recently due to players losing interest.

Solar/Lunar mixed game (1/1) - The Hundred Kingdoms

Solar game (3) - A homebrew island of Creation deep in the northeast Wyld. It's essentially a big chunk of North-East territory in terms of weather, wildlife and the kind of people living there.
        Last edited by Epitome; 09-08-2019, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Dreaming Sea, mixed party (2 DBs, 4 Solars, 1 Lunar)

The Book of Laughing Serpents, Vol 1,Vol. 2,,Vol 3; Vol 4; Vol 5 , Vol 6
          Many Limbed Manual
          Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
          San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here
          My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
            Is your Western game finished or on pause? It sounded like a cool game.
            Misu's player is still interested in finishing the story, but all the other players have dropped due to RL concerns.

Comment

Ah, that's a pity.

My characters:

Comment

The Storm This Way Comes has three story threads.

They're set up to cross sometimes and allow the Chosen to swap out depending on what they want to do. We haven't had a lot of swapping yet, but I think there's some interest.

Our first main story arc was back and forth with the established DBs and the newly-arriving Solars. This was mostly aimed at introducing the setting, discovering our characters, and so on. We're now into the second arc, which has our story threads pretty well set up.

The first thread is mostly Dragon-Blooded. It takes place in the far southwest, starting in a homebrew area called the Stormclaw Dominion. Stormclaw is inland from a coastal mountain formation. This protects it from the constant pounding of thunderstorms-to-hurricanes, drawn inland by the hot air going northward from the Pole of Fire.

This one was mostly focusing on the experience of being in a guild, with a well-established community around the PCs to support them in their endeavors. We explored backstory with flashbacks to build up on that feeling a bit. One of our Solars swapped in to this thread - the guild was drawn to the northeast into An Teng, to stop an incursion of Abyssal Anathema who were taking over.

The Solar had been nearly killed by the Satrap of An Teng in her Exaltation backstory, and went back to An Teng as a conqueror.

We finished up this bit over USA Labor Day weekend (a week ago as of this posting) with a decisive battle for the fate of An Teng. The Abyssals were repulsed at great cost. A conspiracy of Sidereals was hinted at. The Solar discovered that she'd been set up to be killed by her beloved sister. Her sister, secretly a Sidereal, had been convinced that she needed to learn Necromancy to battle the Abyssals and their Deathlord patron.... and that the best sacrifice for that attainment must be the dearest sacrifice.

The DBs lost their mentor - a well-respected and wise emeritus member of the Wyld Hunt. He'd carefully sheltered the guild through the touchy diplomacy of survival. He was assassinated during the battle by an Abyssal who had, as a mortal, once benefited from his target's mercy. Caught between his command to kill and his feeling of respect, he was in a shrieking limit break and fit of madness.

The second thread is taking off shortly. Our Solars recovered a skyship at the end of the first arc, and managed to get it to lift off. It desperately needs repairs and refitting to become the Cool Ship which will be the focus of this thread. They're joined by a DB - the swap-character of our Solar from the DB arc.

The skyship will be the main location, but I'm planning to have it sail north-ish from the Stormclaw area in the far southwest. Thence up to Wu-Jian and over toward Halta in search of repairs and adventure.

Depending how it plays out, they're likely to have some business to settle with the Deathlord behind the Abyssal incursion into An Teng, but that's far from certain yet.

Writing for this one, I'm trying to be consistent in playing up the flat shape of Creation. Depending on altitude and weather, you could potentially see from the edge of the world to Meru, or all the way into the mists of the Wyld.

The third thread has just gotten a bit of playtesting. This one is for Lunars, which we're just figuring out. So far, it's been just to knock around some characters during off-game nights when we're missing some players.

This one is starting off in the southeast, a bit northeast of Prasad. It will probably roam across the Scavenger Lands. Since our Lunars know some NPCs in the other two threads, already, they have ties pulling them west toward An Teng, and north to Nexus and beyond already.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post
                  [
                  The skyship will be the main location, but I'm planning to have it sail north-ish from the Stormclaw area in the far southwest. Thence up to Wu-Jian and over toward Halta in search of repairs and adventure.
                  That's a long way!

We actually did something a little similar ages and ages ago:
                  We started out in Medo (it wasn't called Medo then, but it was a land of nomadic horsemen that's pretty much where Medo is now), but fled the Wyld Hunt west on my Azure Chariot, then fled the Wyld Hunt again, and ended up in the Haslanti League (too far for them to reach us). (I should mention that our two combat characters died in the first few sessions, hence the fleeing.)

In the Haslanti League, we got hired for an expedition on an Airship (well, a group of Airships). We travelled west across the North, then across a series of wacky islands (kind of "island-of-the-week", but with some overarching story threads), trying to beat a Ledaal fleet to an island of sleeping Dragon Kings in the far north-west (turned out the leader of our airship fleet, who we named Admiral Insano for his complete disregard for human life, was actually a Dragon King in disguise and he'd tricked the Haslanti into helping him reach and wake up this ancient city).
                  Then we travelled south, and our airship was destroyed (always make sure your instructions to bound elementals aren't open to interpretation!). We made it south-east to Coral on a pieced-together wreck. The government of Coral wanted us to take an airship to the Neck on missions for them, but instead we helped overthrow them. Then there was some time-travel shenanigans, and we ended up in Harborhead...
                  Anyway, travelling across the land by airship actually worked well as a plot. You just need to give people specific reasons to go to different places.

My characters:

Comment

Oh, I should say, we're actually doing a crossover right now. But I thought I'd say where my games are normally.

So currently, as well as the game I run every few weeks, I'm playing 3 (each one is monthly) games:
                    1) A pocket dimension of floating islands that slowly go from darkness up towards a sun covered in angry faces. They start freezing, as they rise they defrost as do the frozen talking animals on them, until eventually they burn up in the sun. This world was a practice world the Primordials made before Creation.
                    2) A jungle land of talking snakes, monkeys and wolves, who were once ruled by humans, until the talking pigs, dogs and geese came across the sea with their trucks, TVs, phones, machine guns and rifles, and killed all humans in order to institute "True Animalism". Yes, their leader is a pig bureucrat who had his rival pig murdered with an ice pick. And their rivals are the cat-nation who practice Meowism and I assum are led by Chairman Meow.
                    3) An island inhabited by frog-people, blue giants, eusocial lizardmen ruled by queens, talking trees, and underground craftsmen who only appear to others dressed in metal suits so no-one knows their true appearance. Instead of a sun, it has a massive central pillar that glows with the colours of one of the Maidens, which it cycles through every few years/decades. It was yellow, and there was an era of trade, but then a Dawn caste warlord arrived and conquered the frog-people, and it turned red. Also, the island is sinking, pushing the five nations to war over dwindling resources. Visions indicate we need to find an Eclipse to captain a giant boat to carry people from each tribe (and 2 of each animal) across the sea to a new land, and this will cause the pillar to turn yellow again and... maybe the pillar will turn yellow again.

But these wacky realms probably aren't useful for my survey.

My characters:

Comment

I'm currently running a "hexcrawl"-style game of exploring Creation. The players are all from Autochthonia, where the nation of Nurad has, in desperation, breached the Seal of Eight Divinities with Project Razor in order to collect resources that might let them survive the coming crisis. The portal opened up north of the Dreaming Sea. I won't say exactly where, because at least one player reads the forums, and they haven't actually figured out in-character what part of the Dreaming Sea they're near, and I want that to be a surprise.

Comment

My game is set in Nexus... with alot of background from the 100 Kingdoms!

Also had a campaign set with Sunken Clypsis and other First Age relics. Had fun with it for a while

Comment

North West literal corner of the Map. I would count it as west from the perspective of it being in the Far ocean, and Tropical even though its in the North due to Hyperborean style Magic.

Its Lahat at the End of the World a Continent Region I made up.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
                            I'm currently running a "hexcrawl"-style game of exploring Creation. The players are all from Autochthonia, where the nation of Nurad has, in desperation, breached the Seal of Eight Divinities with Project Razor in order to collect resources that might let them survive the coming crisis. The portal opened up north of the Dreaming Sea. I won't say exactly where, because at least one player reads the forums, and they haven't actually figured out in-character what part of the Dreaming Sea they're near, and I want that to be a surprise.
                            That sounds like a lot of fun. I've wanted to do something similar, but with a setting none of my players have any familiarity with. Maybe even randomize the map, or hand off by turns for people to inspire the next hex.

Check out Momentum Exalted!

Comment

Kelly, Pram and Eldagusto, out of interest, are your games Solar games?

It wasn't actually what I was originally thinking about, but I'm interested that there's a lot of mixed games, but no pure-DB games, and only my pure-Lunar game.

My characters:

Comment

Working...
                              X