Survey: Where is your 3rd ed game set?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simon Darkstep View Post

That sounds like a lot of fun. I've wanted to do something similar, but with a setting none of my players have any familiarity with.
    Or, if you want to use Exalted that they know, make sure everyone's playing characters with low Lore, have them roll Lore and when they roll badly it turns out their knowledge of Exalted is completely wrong. So they turn up to, say, Whitewall, and it turns out they were completely wrong about it being run by three gods, that's just a popular legend which outsiders mistake for the truth, and it's actually run by a Raksha warlord. Or whatever.

That's what I'm doing with my game, but they haven't really realised it yet.

My characters:
    Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
    Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
    Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

My current game (3 Solars, 1 Lunar) is set in the Scavenger Lands, especially the corridor between Great Forks and the Hundred Kingdoms.Considering half our number are Guilders, it makes sense, as we've basically become a Scavenger Lord company of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
        Kelly, Pram and Eldagusto, out of interest, are your games Solar games?
        Mine started as an all-Solar game (the PCs Exalted soon after arriving in Creation), but the Zenith character was retired relatively soon, and replaced with an Alchemical, which he and I have been homebrewing rules for.

Comment

Our chronicle (4 Solars and 1 Lunar) has mainly taken place in Scavenger Lands / close-East. We've "found" Rathess, thwarted a Vanehan invastion, visited Mahalanka and now our quest to pester the Mask of Winters has taken us to Lost Sarlath, Munaxis and now Yu-Shan.

Comment

North working towards Mantle. Dragonbloods tasked with handling the whole peasant revolt and possibly takeover by a new figure.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post
              North working towards Mantle.
              Where's Mantle? I don't recognise it.

My characters:
              Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
              Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                Where's Mantle? I don't recognise it.
                Minor location mentioned in The Realm.(Pg 83) Really not much said about it, aside from it being a city state, and their queen dealing with a peasant uprising due to oppresive taxes, a famine, and a person claiming to be the illegitimate daughter of the previous queen functioning as a rallying point for the peasant army.

Comment

First game I ran set in the East in a kingdom just to the west of Vaneha, second in a satrapy in the south directly south of the Lap. Then a mortal interlude campaign set in the Blessed Isle and Frosty Dorito Island. Then a player in an archepelago game in the West, and another one in the far far north east. I am currently writing a campaign set on the Isle and Cinder Isles.

EDIT: I should mention they've all be Solars except the mortal one and the one I'm writing which is DB based.
                  Last edited by DrLoveMonkey; 09-08-2019, 05:31 PM.

Comment

I´m currently playing an An-Teng game, and running a game set in Valash, a homebrew celt-inspired kingdom in the Near North (ok. Maybe they are Orlanthi, not Celts). My previous game was set on Tapuru, another homebrew land near the Cinder Isles (in fact, it was the Western tip of the archipielago)

Comment

Yes it is a Solar Circle, but I'm willing to have it change into a Mixed Circle as people have moved and if I get new players.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

We have a Full Moon, a Zenith, and a Water Aspect. The game is set in-between Goldenseal and An-Teng on the coast in the South West.

Comment

Ah, the An-Teng game is a Lunar one, but the other ones are Dragon-Blooded games: Dynasts in the Valash game, the Outcaste ruling clan in Tapuru

Comment

Okay, so far there's 2 in the North, 3 in the North-East, 6 in the Scavenger Lands (the two most popular places seem to be Nexus and Vaneha), 2 in the Dreaming Sea, 3 in the South, 4 in the South-West, 2 in the West, 1 in the North-West, and 1 being planned that will be partly in the Blessed Isle.

I'm a little surprised by the dominance of the Scavenger Lands, but maybe not all that surprised. Everywhere else seems roughly the same, with the Cinder Coast and An-Teng slightly more popular. I didn't expect the North-East to be popular, but from the looks of it, like me, the other two I'm guessing chose it because there's not so much there.

And in terms of characters, it looks like maybe 80% Solars, 10% Lunars, 10% Dragonblood. Something like that (I didn't count carefully). That's a bit different from 2nd ed, where Dynastic games were very popular. I'm guessing it's because the DB book and Realm book just haven't been out for long.

My characters:

Comment

No 3E games.

But I am GMing a game in the north, and playing a Dawn in the Scavenger Lands.

Comment

I've been running a 3rd Ed Solars game in the South East Scavenger Lands in a homebrew nation named Khaslund (a city state that connects to a few ranch communities and a wasteland north of Ma-Hah's jungle.) Though we've taken a detour to Sijan and had a rivalry with a Guild Hierarch in Great Forks.

Currently the Wyld Hunt has captured them in the hold of their ship (Horizon Endeavor from Arms) and they're awaiting a visit from a rogue Bronze Faction Siderial that's been warring with / using them to advance her goals against the seven century solar that's been running Khaslund.

Standard Solar fare, but I'm hoping to kick off its conclusion by the end of 2020; five years is a loooong time to play a campaign.

Blasphemy? No, it is not blasphemy. If God is as vast as that, he is above blasphemy; if He is as little as that, He is beneath it.
                                - Mark Twain, a Biography

Comment

Working...
                                X