On being the lone supernatural (exalt) in modern word

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    "Harmless?" Didn't you just say she was gonna brew up a new bubonic plague?
    No. I was asking.

Its a question of capability. Not willingness. Because I'm thinking: "What's the line?"

Can she make symbiotic bacteria? Can she do things like the penicillin producing bacteria, only for different things? What about symbiotic bacteria that produces vitamins and amino acids in the gut? Can she engineer new crops?

I mean, is making something like penicillin a medicine or craft roll? What about the usage of CRISPR gene editing?

Comment

Ok. Note. For this place only.

In the modern world, we know what causes aging. Or at the very least, the extracellular damage. Tellomeres shortening. The cartilage and collagen, slowly wearing away and not being properly replaced. Cancer. Osteoarthritis. Weakening and thinning of skin.

So here's the question. If a Solar can regenerate limbs, heal damaged tissues, and repair crippling injuries... does that mean that he could improve quality of life for an elderly patient?

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        So here's the question. If a Solar can regenerate limbs, heal damaged tissues, and repair crippling injuries... does that mean that he could improve quality of life for an elderly patient?
        I think that's fine.

I think that'd be fine in Creation as well.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
          I think that's fine.

I think that'd be fine in Creation as well.
          What do you think should be the limit? I don't think I working indefinitely would be kosher.

Comment

What do you think should be the limit? I don't think I working indefinitely would be kosher.
            How much effort is the Solar willing to invest and what resources does she have?

I can see a hundred year old as fit as he was at 50. I can picture a hundred-and-fifty year old who looks as if she's in her 70s.

Could you go further than that? Maybe. But not easily.

How far into the future are you going to be taking this story?

Comment

How much effort is the Solar willing to invest and what resources does she have?

I can see a hundred year old as fit as he was at 50. I can picture a hundred-and-fifty year old who looks as if she's in her 70s.

Could you go further than that? Maybe. But not easily.

How far into the future are you going to be taking this story?
              Nah. Just... Thinking. If a Solar can ease the damage of aging. Like, say, arthritis or osteoporosis, then it'll be a great story potential. Imagine being able to make a 70 year old feel like a 25... And only one person can do it

Comment

A thing I'm wondering about Princess Diana. So we have a real life healer walking around and healing people. Do you think people will get used to this novelty, or will they just forget it like they forget other things?

Comment

I think it will amaze people, scientists will be keen on studying it, there'll be a load of documentaries and scientific papers both investigating it and calling it a hoax... and if no-one can work out what's going on or how it works, after a while they'll give up and stop talking about it.

My characters:
                  Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                  Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                  Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                    I think it will amaze people, scientists will be keen on studying it, there'll be a load of documentaries and scientific papers both investigating it and calling it a hoax... and if no-one can work out what's going on or how it works, after a while they'll give up and stop talking about it.
                    1. Papparazi?
                    2. How long will it take for them to get bored?

Comment

Oh yeah, loads of papparazi.

As to how long... some will get bored much quicker than others I guess.

My characters:
                      Dr Soma Vaidya, viper-totem Lunar and kung-fu doctor
                      Brother Alazar, Zenith occultist and last survivor of the Black Monastery of Leng
                      Shadow of Kings, Twilight barbarian scholar, master of lost First Age crafting techniques. Has a lot of clones. Picture by Jen.

Comment

Hmm.... A thing I'm realizing. So I've written the exaltation scene.

1. How does the Solar even 'feel' their essence?
                        2. How do I write the massive influx of knowledge, such that she goes from dabbler (medicine 1) to expert (Medicine 5)?

Comment

How do I write the massive influx of knowledge, such that she goes from dabbler (medicine 1) to expert (Medicine 5)?
                          Which massive influx of knowledge would that be?

Comment

Which massive influx of knowledge would that be?
                            You know, sudden pouring of information and skill like the ones you get during exaltation?

Comment

You know, sudden pouring of information and skill like the ones you get during exaltation?
                              ... What?

You don't get a sudden pouring of information and skill on Exaltation.

You get Excellencies and other Charms. Your Ability scores don't change.

Comment

Hmm.... A thing I'm realizing. So I've written the exaltation scene.

1. How does the Solar even 'feel' their essence?
                                3e corebook has some relevant information on p. 35-36. I would definitely check out these pages if you're writing about a newly-Exalted Solar in any context, especially the "Essence fever" parts.

Comment

Working...
                                X