X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tireless Solar Work
    Integrity: 2
    Essence: 1

The Solar's have much work to do, and yet so little time. The first purchase of this charm, allows the character to go without sleep save for one hour a day. A second purchase at Essence 2 obviates need for sleep at all, save for willpower recovery and doubles the time interval needed for exhaustion. A third purchase at Essence 3 triples the time period, and at Essence 4, the Solar is immune to all possible sources of exhaustion save for magic, whether curse or poison.
    Last edited by Accelerator; 09-12-2019, 03:23 AM.

Comment

1) Why Athletics? Wouldn’t it fit better in Resistance or Integrity, the abilities for powering through in spite of physical or mental hardship?

2) Curses tend to be magical; you shouldn’t have to worry about exhaustion from non-magical curses.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        1) Why Athletics? Wouldn’t it fit better in Resistance or Integrity, the abilities for powering through in spite of physical or mental hardship?

2) Curses tend to be magical; you shouldn’t have to worry about exhaustion from non-magical curses.
        Hmm.... true.

Comment

Agree to disagree, I guess.

Yes. The beans are roasted and ground and held in a filter while boiling water is poured through it; the civet is not directly pooping into your cup.
          Right, but Craftsman Needs No Tools (which I pressume would be the pre-req) lets you "cook" food with nothing but your bare hands.

I don't think it's beyond the realm of Solar Charms to sanitize food without tools.

(Ooo and Kæstur hákarl. The point is that there are many ways of making food safe to eat.)
          Last edited by JohnDoe244; 09-12-2019, 08:55 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
            What message charm?
            Typo it’s supposed to say massage.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Sensitive perception of the healer
              Essence: 1
              Medicine 2
              Prereqs: Flawless diagnosis technique

The eyes of the sun burn through all lies, filth, and illusions. The Solar can perceive the ailments, maladies, and properties of the body and life before him, rolling Medicine + Perception, with (Essence) auto-successes

Difficulty 1: Injury, whether from a broken arm, twisted ankle, or such. Sickness, such as the flu
              Difficulty 3: The first week of pregnancy. More subtle illnesses such as diabetes or cancer
              Difficulty 5: The presence of genes for cystic fibrosis or muscular dystrophy. The propensity for dementia, or the genes for sickle-cell anemia

Comment

Diabetes was actually pretty detectable in the ancient world, provided someone was willing to taste your piss. I definitely wouldn't call it subtle on the same level as the first week of pregnancy.

​(Indeed, I'd prefer to move the first week of pregnancy down to difficulty 5+, since even modern medicine seldom detects pregnancy until weeks after the fertilized egg takes root.)
                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 09-13-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Diabetes was actually pretty detectable in the ancient world, provided someone was willing to taste your piss. I definitely wouldn't call it subtle on the same level as the first week of pregnancy.

​(Indeed, I'd prefer to move the first week of pregnancy down to difficulty 5+, since even modern medicine seldom detects pregnancy until weeks after the fertilized egg takes root.)
                  Damn it. My lack of medical knowledge strikes again!

(seriously though, this is at a glance. You got any good ideas for the difficulty table?)

Comment

I've been reading Sandra and Woo. The titular character says "I'll sell my soul for a glass of lemonade!" And it suddenly appears in front of her. She runs away after that.

Deadly Gift of the Desert
                    Essence: 3
                    Cost: 10m, 1wp
                    Prereqs: First Cecelyne Excellency, Transcendent Desert Creature

Some folks, dig up treasure long buried within the desert sands. Some, find an oasis, deep within the desert, drinking it up and eating the fruits by it. Some, explore long dead catacombs in wastelands, hoping for that one last score.

Beware of the pile of treasure laid down on the floor before you. For it is a trap. This charm is related to Verdant Emptiness Endowment. Instead of bestowing dots of abilities, it can bestow belongings. As long as the belonging is not greater than anything like a car, and there is sufficient space, the Infernal can conjure any object up to his essence in resources value (No creating jewels at Essence 3). As the Infernal grows in power, the more valuable objects he can conjure. In exchange for this, the Infernal gains a hold over the target.

At any point in the future, the Infernal may come back to that individual and demand any one task. If the target understands the demand and the task isn’t literally impossible, she intuitively understands that doom will befall her for failing to obey. After one month or as soon as the task becomes impossible (or constitutes an unacceptable order), the duty ends without harm to the beneficiary. However, if the character stops working toward the goal for more than a day while the duty remains, she suffers a number of automatic botches equal to the Infernal’s Essence rating. These botches match the effects of breaking an oath sanctified by an Eclipse Caste Solar and linger until the worst possible time. It is possible to target oneself with the Charm, in which case the Infernal obviously owes himself nothing.

Mirage of Accursed Kindness
                    Essence: 5
                    Cost: N/A
                    Prereqs: Deadly gift of the desert

The desert taketh, and the desert giveth. This upgrades its prerequisites. Now, the Infernal can produce far larger things in exchange for wishes. This inclues palaces, houses,cities, libraries, orchards, farms, and forests. A great storm of dust and sand erupts form nowhere, obscuring the location. As it does down and disappears to nothingness, the gift of the Infernal is shown in all its glory. The favour and obligation from the prerequisite still holds true with one alteration. Upon failure to comply, the gift given will be taken back. A fire will erupt and consume the library, turning invaluable scrolls into ash and dust. A rot will consume the orchard, turning once vibrant and delicious fruits into disgusting masses of goo. An earthquake will strike the palace, collapsing it into rubble. Farms will be raided, burned, or the land itself will grow septic and ill.

Comment

…up to his essence in resources value (No creating jewels at Essence 3)…
                      I’d argue that small gemstones are absolutely acceptable at Resources 3, considering that it’s the baseline stipend for a Realm Dragon-Blooded.

Comment

I’d argue that small gemstones are absolutely acceptable at Resources 3, considering that it’s the baseline stipend for a Realm Dragon-Blooded.
                        Wow. Really? I thought jewellery was at resources 4 and 5.

Comment

Wow. Really? I thought jewellery was at resources 4 and 5.
                          Sure, the sort of regalia reserved for the Scarlet Empress would be worth Resources 5, but Creation is littered with princes and would-be princes who command Resources 3.

Comment

Sure, the sort of regalia reserved for the Scarlet Empress would be worth Resources 5, but Creation is littered with princes and would-be princes who command Resources 3.
                            Apologies. Once again, I must have misremembered things.

.... Think its kosher to make it be able to make living creatures? I've always wondered what would have happened if someone had heard that king's cries of "a horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"

Comment

Apologies. Once again, I must have misremembered things.

.... Think its kosher to make it be able to make living creatures? I've always wondered what would have happened if someone had heard that king's cries of "a horse! A horse! My kingdom for a horse!"
                              There's canon 2E Charms for providing Backgrounds.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                                There's canon 2E Charms for providing Backgrounds.
                                This ain't backgrounds. This is a horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X