Homebrew Charms, Spells & Evocation Gallery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penalty to all actions right?

If the penalty also applies to static values, I think this is fine. If it isn't meant to penalize static values, I'd drop the Willpower cost.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
      Penalty to all actions right?

If the penalty also applies to static values, I think this is fine. If it isn't meant to penalize static values, I'd drop the Willpower cost.
      ... by static values, you mean things like 'defense' and such, right? Not things like Magnitude, Training, or Might?

Comment

• Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        ... by static values, you mean things like 'defense' and such, right? Not things like Magnitude, Training, or Might?
        Yeah, Defense.

Comment

Yeah, Defense.
          How about a willpower surcharge for extra power?

Comment

• GHOST SMOKE

A small lantern filled with an incense composed of Hashish, spices, and Shadowland herbs, the ghost smoke comes from the thick smoke that billows from a candle when the incense is burnt. The bluish-grey smoke rapidly billows and fills the room, rapidly covering everywhere with the spicy scent. This lasts for 24 hours, and extends up to long range. The smoke is near transparent to mortal eyes, and creates a glowing silhouette of any dematerialized entity that is caught within it, reducing the penalty to hitting a dematerialized entity to -1, similar to attacking someone in a light fog. This is only a silhouette, and does not show any identifying features like the face, eye colour, or uniform. Thus all attempts to identify the entity that is caught in ghost smoke suffers a -3 penalty, leading to more than a few times when an exorcist has accidentally assaulted a god or wandering elemental.

Comment

• Um, being dematerialized isn't like being invisible - it's the physical state of not presently being in a body that's made up of matter. Even if the smoke can reveal the outline of your immaterial form, most exorcists will still be unable to strike you, penalty or no penalty.

He/him

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                Um, being dematerialized isn't like being invisible - it's the physical state of not presently being in a body that's made up of matter. Even if the smoke can reveal the outline of your immaterial form, most exorcists will still be unable to strike you, penalty or no penalty.
                I was discussing this Thaumaturgical Ritual with Accelerator on Discord.

This effect does not let you strike immaterial spirits. But it's intended for use with the Exorcist QC in the Corebook who has their own ability to strike immaterial targets.

I think this is fine, and intend to use it in my games. This is just the sort of thing that would make a mortal NPC useful to the Exalted without overshadowing them.

(Minor nitpick -- most elementals can't go immaterial anymore.)

Comment

(Minor nitpick -- most elementals can't go immaterial anymore.)
                  Yippeee! Someone's using my stuff!

Also, wtf? Why can't they go immaterial? Why did they remove it?

Comment

• DRUG-HARDENING REGIME (3, Medicine, 3, 1 week)

A resources 3/4 expenditure. Designer alchemical solutions are pumped into a subject, and the patient is put into a series of stances, exercises, and punches to toughen him up and induce growth. Muscle turns thick and bulky, and bones harden and thicken. The patient can now has double the soak. During this time the doctor patiently measures the subject's meridians, dispenses the right dosages of drugs, and carefully alters his diet to include metals and ceramics and protein
                    Last edited by Accelerator; 01-12-2021, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Also, wtf? Why can't they go immaterial? Why did they remove it?
                      Because they're physical creatures.

Elementals have always been physical creatures. They can still enter spirit sanctums in 3E. But there's not any reason for them to be immaterial.

Comment

The patient can now soak lethal with his full stamina, while he can adds 2 dice to his stamina for resisting bashing.
                        You already soak lethal damage with your full Stamina in 3e.

He/him

Comment

You already soak lethal damage with your full Stamina in 3e.
                          Ah. So they changed it.

Well, this alchemical regiment is more fitting for 2e anyway

Comment

Ah. So they changed it.
                            Turns out that having your soak change based on what kind of damage is coming in is unnecessary bookkeeping, and that’s before you factor in attack-enhancing Charms that cut some of it out, or defensive Charms that raise it.

He/him

Comment

Turns out that having your soak change based on what kind of damage is coming in is unnecessary bookkeeping, and that’s before you factor in attack-enhancing Charms that cut some of it out, or defensive Charms that raise it.
                              Well then I'll just change it up. Think a +3 soak to lethal is good?

Comment

• [placeholder name] Artifact 3

Story: In a village far from the center, a Dragonblooded exalted as an earth aspect. At first a humble smith, he created a wonders for his nearby family and friends, making shelter, clothing, food, and other useful tools. The village flourished, and he prided himself on creation, instead of destruction like so many prided themselves. And then it all changed when the Fae attacked. People were carried off, screaming into the darkness, and he himself was only kept alive by the sacrifice of his blood-family.

Weeping, he threw himself into battle. But he always remembered the words of his grandfather, who told him that destruction must beget creation. And so he made the [placeholder] in memory of a smith, who must burn wood to forge steel. To destroy in order to make something greater. Baptised in the dreams of a fair folk, the blood of a demigod, and of sacred orichalcum, the hammer served him well in his first century of life. He went on to create newer, better things. But as a last favor, he crafted the hammer to accept mortals. He did not want it to languish in a armory like so many artifacts, and he did not want to leave it in the care of a Dragonblooded that might not be worthy of it; besides, he never believed in the hogwash about dragonblooded being more inherently spiritually advanced than mortals anyway.

Attunement benefit: Is an artifact warhammer that is faster and deadlier than its appearance would suggest.

Evocations:

Lets the hammer be used as an exceptional tool to carry out any act of craft. Smashing it onto a chunk of meat would cook it. Stirring a pot with it would carry out alchemical procedures. You can use it to turn a chunk of stone into a sculpture. No time alteration though.

Hammer can be used to create alterations to terrain, at the cost of essence/ initiative. Walls can be knocked down. Pit traps can be created instantaneously. Terrain can be turned into stable concrete or sleek stone in a moment. Cover can be made instantaneously.

Hammer now adds a +2 to any relation to crafting (making a fort, crafting an artifact, or designing a vase) and grants an extra means for sorcerous working.

Hammer now turns its enemies into useful bits, with a value of +1 to their essence. Murdering an entire coteries of bandits can leave you with things like freshly hammered swords and other things worth Resources 2. Murdering high powered ghosts and elementals would leave you with jewellery, gemstones, and killing a fae that has Essence 5 will leave you with an artifact. (this needs to be revamped to avoid abuse)

Comment

Working...
                                X