Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blessed Isle Lunars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blessed Isle Lunars

    I'm away from my books, but am trying to think of a Lunar concept. The basis being someone who Exalted on the Blessed Isle. So, what wildlife would be present that they could adopt as their totem animal? Any suggestions?

    Thanks, just dont have my resources at the moment

  • #2
    Bobcat in the North, or a Black Mountain Goat, Crags would be a perfect spot for Lunars to dwell and hide in the Blessed Isle.

    Or why not a Giant Mongrel Koi, aquatic Lunars could live in streams, lakes or coasts and they would have some interesting auspicious connotations, a carp lunar could even represent the bounty of the sea..
    Last edited by Eldagusto; 10-07-2019, 10:07 PM. Reason: spelling correction


    It is a time for great deeds!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
      I'm away from my books, but am trying to think of a Lunar concept. The basis being someone who Exalted on the Blessed Isle. So, what wildlife would be present that they could adopt as their totem animal? Any suggestions?

      Thanks, just dont have my resources at the moment
      Well, first, there's a ton of stuff imported to the Blessed Isle by Dynasts so they can put them in special nature reserves and then hunt. If those are viable for you then pretty much anything terribly beautiful or dangerous from the rest of the world would be appropriate. Otherwise giant pandas I think are Blessed Isle natives, maybe even native only to there.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post
        Or why not a Giant Mongrel Coy, aquatic Lunars could live in streams, lakes or coasts and they would have some interesting auspicious connotations, a carp lunar could even represent the bounty of the sea..
        Nothing says "bounty of the sea" like a freshwater fish.


        I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
        https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

          Nothing says "bounty of the sea" like a freshwater fish.

          Yup no such thing as Salt Water Carp alright...

          But I should have said what Bounty of the Waves instead? I just meant water jeesh...
          Last edited by Eldagusto; 10-07-2019, 09:58 PM. Reason: spelling


          It is a time for great deeds!

          Comment


          • #6
            They've certainly got deer on the Blessed Isle.

            Mind, it's more geographically diverse and less manicured now, so it's also home to things like desert and swamp animals.

            Probably done monkeys somewhere.

            I was expecting something more.

            Would you not have followed any of the links on that page and seen what they had to say on the subject?


            I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

            Comment


            • #7
              Maybe some details would help:

              The character is a young daughter of the Empress, who Exalted after the disappearence when she was targetted by assassins from some dynast faction. She now leads peasant uprisings against the other Houses, convinced they are responsible for her mother's disappeatence and that they are destroying her mother's empire.

              Just needs fleshed out a bit more.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                They've certainly got deer on the Blessed Isle.

                Mind, it's more geographically diverse and less manicured now, so it's also home to things like desert and swamp animals.

                Probably done monkeys somewhere.



                I was expecting something more.

                Would you not have followed any of the links on that page and seen what they had to say on the subject?
                You seem to be missing the point. You are being passive aggressive when I pointed out I used sea as short hand for water in general, and the first examples I gave were all freshwater and I ended with sea as the last example. The link I posted shows carp are mostly regarded as freshwater fish but they have one exception. It would be the same if I mentioned shark, which hey is a good totem choice, sharks are mostly regarded as Saltwater fish but they are not without an exception for freshwater tolerance.


                But hey I’m sure that’s friendly etiquette you display in real life encounters going all “heh blah blah blah pleb”.

                Let me personally thank you for contributing to the friendliness of the Forums for taking the time to dunk on a rando in a smug manner over actually making suggestions to the topic of discussion first. I sure that endears you to people IRL.


                It is a time for great deeds!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Let's keep it chill guys, okay?

                  I was going to suggest panda, but they're not very rebellious.

                  What's her personality like?


                  I run... Lunars: The Apocalypse! Exalted 3rd edition. Fimbulwinter is upon the world as an Ice Age begins, and only six young Lunar heroes have a chance of saving humanity.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    still working on that. I'm still early in the process (this is part of a project I'm working on off dand on).

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      make it a crab - for epic crab battle!


                      Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        A Scarlet Crane, just to screw with the Dynasts

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          "Anathema with a strong claim to the throne" is such a great concept I'd definitely want to lean into it.

                          Maybe something dragon-like? Snake bird or something?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                            The character is a young daughter of the Empress, who Exalted after the disappearence when she was targetted by assassins from some dynast faction. She now leads peasant uprisings against the other Houses, convinced they are responsible for her mother's disappeatence and that they are destroying her mother's empire.
                            Just needs fleshed out a bit more.

                            How might she get on with her niece Amatha?


                            Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                            "Anathema with a strong claim to the throne" is such a great concept I'd definitely want to lean into it.
                            I kind of expect "becomes an Anathema" to be to the Realm as "becomes a Catholic" is to Great Britain.


                            I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Watch me play Dark Souls III (completed)
                            https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDtbr08HW8RW4jOHN881YA3yRZBV4lpYw Watch me play Breath of the Wild (updated 12/03)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Do you have some caste/moon already in mind or want to pick the totem animal first?

                              That said, i would say that a small, possibly flying, animal goes well with avoiding assassins straight from exaltation.

                              For some random reaason i thought of sparrows and arrows and got this on my head.
                              Hope it helps, if it doesn't, forgive me.
                              Last edited by Baaldam; 10-08-2019, 12:24 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X