RWBY volume 7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chap-etra 9
    I don't think the main cast are as far ahead here as they'd like to be. Yes, Watts probably didn't count on them having proof of his existence with the footage - but using Jaques' access to shut down the Mantle grid meant it was only a matter of time before things basically played out the way they did. If he was being accused of being directly responsible, I don't doubt Jaques would've thrown Watts under the bus himself. Hell, he might've prepared evidence of the conversation himself if he were a little more on the ball.

This doesn't render Weiss getting the footage useless - the Council are now fully convinced Watts is real, and behind the attack, so Ironwood's response is probably gonna be swifter than he was expecting. But cutting the power to Mantle meant it was only a matter of time before he and Tyrian were found. I figure they either flat out were expecting that, and this whole thing has been a way to draw attention to them and away from the rest of Team Salem, or they're already going as fast as possible towards their actual objective.

I personally favour option 1 though. Didn't Salem say pretty directly that she was going to get personally involved here? 'If you want something done right...' or words to that effect?

Also I don't think we're too late for Neo and Cinder to fight this volume yet! I'm honestly expecting a multi part finale like the Battle of Beacon, with multiple foes and the heroes split up across a wide area. My guess is that Neo and Cinder will end up keeping Team RWBY busy while other fights may go poorly. Especially if someone makes a play for the relic. Say RWBY fights Neo/Cinder, Penny and the Aceops go for Watts (that line about the Paladin incident makes me pretty sure he's got his own giant mech somewhere), Robin and Qrow fight Tyrian and Ironwood/Ozcar and Winter defend the relic from Salem and anyone else she's brought. That actually tracks reasonably with Beacon - we had the main fight against the Grimm and Atlas robots, Ruby vs Neo and Roman, Blake and Yang against Adam and Cinder vs Oz and then Phyrra. Feels doable

Comment

See, I don't think Salem's personal frontal assault is neigh. She has both Tyrian and watts going to Atlas, but no one going to Vacuo after the Relic of Destruction. I think that's where she's taking her Flying Monkeys

Originally posted by Steve Rodgers
      I understood that.....
      not now Cap!

You see, Atlas has a strong army, and so is best braced for a frontal assault. Watts and Tyrian are not doing that, instead using subterfuge and assymetric strategy to undermine the country ahead of the most violent stuff. But Vacuo, a society of robbers and thieves according to Qrow, would be best equipped to deal with infiltration and subterfuge. But they most likely aren't ready for an all out attack. That is where I think Salem herself is headed

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
        See, I don't think Salem's personal frontal assault is neigh. She has both Tyrian and watts going to Atlas, but no one going to Vacuo after the Relic of Destruction. I think that's where she's taking her Flying Monkeys

not now Cap!

You see, Atlas has a strong army, and so is best braced for a frontal assault. Watts and Tyrian are not doing that, instead using subterfuge and asymetric strategy to undermine the country ahead of the most violent stuff. But Vacuo, a society of robbers and thieves according to Qrow, would be best equipped to deal with infiltration and subterfuge. But they most likely aren't ready for an all out attack. That is where I think Salem herself is headed

I dunno. I'm pretty sure Salem recognizes that Atlas' military forces are one of the greatest threats to her going forward. Even with the relics, that may not change - they're powerful, but not omnipotent. I figure she's got a plan in mind to either destroy or at least severely weaken Atlas and its capacity to help the other kingdoms. Something to make them hurt, focus their attention inward, and not bother trying to assist Vacuo when she comes there.

Just belief though. Hard to see which way this is gonna end up going. .

Comment

Y’all remember the Berlingel from the Ruby Short?

How do you feel it compares to a Blood Ape? Minus the shattering roar Charm that it obviously doesn’t have.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Seem to be comparable. Though, the Berlingel is more useful since a sorceror can make them grow wings

Comment

Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
              Seem to be comparable. Though, the Berlingel is more useful since a sorceror can make them grow wings
              But without the sorcerer or the Shattering Howl, do you figure a battle group of Berlingels is only Might 1, rather than the Might 2 of a pack of Blood Apes?

What about Beowolves?

Comment

Hmm. Most grimm seem to operate on the range of "aggressive animals++", so might 1 should be appropriate for most.
                The beringel has been shown as a nastier one, so I'm cool with putting it at "potent supernatural creature" like the chimera, the draconids...

One way to bring the beringel to blood ape levels without effort is to simply assume they have the other supernatural bennies that don't really mean anything in the show, like Principle of Motion. Let it throw a tantrum.

Comment

Grimm are basically immortal animals that get smarter the longer they live.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                    Grimm are basically immortal animals that get smarter the longer they live.
                    Depends.

Basic Beowolves can leap at least one story high, Boarbatusks have a Sonic the Hedgehog spin attack, Nevermore can throw their feathers like daggers, Manticores and Sphinxes can spit fireballs, Feilong can spit lightning bolts, Leviathans seem to spit electrified plumes of fire, Apathy can emit sub- or hyper-sonic frequencies that sap living creatures (or at least humans) of energy...

And Geists are flying ghost things that can possess inanimate objects.

Comment

seems others ship Fire & Ice Cream too

Comment

About current ep
                        AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Something I've been saying the entire volume is "James Ironwood is a good man, who will doom us all"

Y'know, that, but ESPECIALLY so.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                            Something I've been saying the entire volume is "James Ironwood is a good man, who will doom us all"

Y'know, that, but ESPECIALLY so.
                            I know, right? XD
                            Such a beautiful turnaround for him and then BAM, EVERTYHING IS WRONG! Salem knows the hearts of men are easily swayed.

That said, loved the two fights. A veritable platforming omnidirectional havoc of a melee and then exploding tyrian's face? <3 Now to see what damage they will inflict. While it's already stated that the next volume is also in Atlas, I wonder if Atlas itself will remain airborne for that. I just don't know how they will fend off the witch if she chooses to rampage to the max.

Comment

This Volume is easily so much better than Volume 3.

But I would like this wild ride to calm down, now. I'm not sure my heart can take much more.

Comment

tying this back to exalted:

Salem's scene, that had to be Presence 5+ and Manipulation 5+. (I forget, does 3E do skills and attributes over 5 still?). Probably some charms too considering how fast Ruby broke down.

btw, did anyone else see Ruby's eyes turn blue for a fraction of a second? The same shade as Yang's eyes. I think Salem was doing something to nullify the silver eyes or something.
                                Last edited by vampire hunter D; 01-19-2020, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X