Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
    I loved them XD
    There's this absurd webcomic called Adventures of Dr. McNinja.

One of Dr. McNinja's enemies traps him in a warehouse with an entire warehouse full of DMN's clones, and starts slaughtering them all. DMN (or one of his smarter clones) realizes that they're all dying so easily because of the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu.

DMN panics and hatches an evil scheme. He starts killing his own clones, too, and rather than attacking his enemy starts shouting encouragement like they're working together. His enemy tries to stop him, but the clones fall for it, treating the two of them as an enemy team.

Thus did DMN, by pitting himself against an entire warehouse of other ninjas, put himself back on the winning side of the Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

• So Neo is currently one of the few characters thus far undefeated in a fight. Any bets on if she's going to keep that distinction?

Comment

• Originally posted by Synapse View Post
        I loved them XD
        WHOOO! I'm glad, so did I . Here's hoping the finale is even better somehow!

Originally posted by Kunoichi View Post
        So Neo is currently one of the few characters thus far undefeated in a fight. Any bets on if she's going to keep that distinction?
        ‚Äč
        That's questionable. No KOs, but Raven forced her to retreat and Ruby was able to net a ring out. Her record is one of the best, but not spotless.

However... yeah, I think she's winning this. ORNJ will pull ahead early but Neo's a very hard opponent and her disguise ability seems potentially highly advantageous. Plus I'm suspicious that the tension between Ren and Nora will come to a head here.

Comment

• Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post

please don't feed the trolls
          A pretty weighty accusation considering my primary means of offering critique was long form close reading of episodes broken down into specific bullet points. If that's trolling than having a dissenting opinion is banned.

I know i didn't make friends on this thread for my posts, but you can't tell me that's not honest participation.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

• Neo Politan has so much potential for a great fight, especially against a team.

Unfortunately, this situation and environment doesn't seem to be conducive to running away to break line of sight, separate the team, and attack each one of them while wearing the face of the others, until Neo has all of them attacking each other on reflex without even waiting to demand their "teammate" say something to prove they're not Neo.

She'd need to take the Lamp back from them for it to turn into a running battle, and while she COULD do that, it's going to be difficult for her.

Neo can briefly stun Team JNR by taking Pyrrha's face, but after that they'll be out for her blood. She can exploit their blind rage... if she can stay one step ahead of all three of them.

Oscar isn't going to be affected at all unless Ozpin shares his memories of Pyrrha, which he's not likely to do... at least, not on purpose. He might do it by accident if Neo pisses him off enough to flood his thoughts with memories of Pyrrha enough that it bleeds into Oscar.

Neo hasn't shown the kind of speed needed to throw up the illusion fast enough to get them to suddenly pull a punch, like Envy did in Full Metal Alchemist.

She HAS shown the kind of speed necessary to throw up an illusionary "wall" to create the appearance that she disappeared, or that something (ANYTHING) has appeared. Neo can make it seem like Cinder Fall or any other reinforcement showed up, or that any of her enemies' allies showed up to make them overconfident and unguarded for a moment.

Comment

• Now, I've seen some Theories about the Winter Maiden.

I've seen some people thinking Winter will get at least some of the power, if not all, to throw down with Cinder. Cinder may succeed in getting some of the power. Some have been theorizing that Fria will die and she won't think of anybody who can inherit the Mantle, and it'll go free-wheeling off and NORA will inherit it.

But I propose: What if PENNY becomes the next Winter Maiden? She's right there, and of the three in front of Fria right now I'd say Penny is the best candidate because she has the strongest moral compass, especially given her ethical reservations over the volume.

I definitely don't want any of Team RWBY to get a Maiden mantle, because I don't think they need it, either as a power boost or thematically. Nora getting one... Eh? It'd still feel a bit off

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

A pretty weighty accusation considering my primary means of offering critique was long form close reading of episodes broken down into specific bullet points. If that's trolling than having a dissenting opinion is banned.

I know i didn't make friends on this thread for my posts, but you can't tell me that's not honest participation.
                There is a difference between expressing a negative opinion of the show, and cheering at someone else having a bad time. Even as a joke, it's obnoxious.

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                Neo Politan has so much potential for a great fight, especially against a team.

Unfortunately, this situation and environment doesn't seem to be conducive to running away to break line of sight, separate the team, and attack each one of them while wearing the face of the others, until Neo has all of them attacking each other on reflex without even waiting to demand their "teammate" say something to prove they're not Neo.

She'd need to take the Lamp back from them for it to turn into a running battle, and while she COULD do that, it's going to be difficult for her.

Neo can briefly stun Team JNR by taking Pyrrha's face, but after that they'll be out for her blood. She can exploit their blind rage... if she can stay one step ahead of all three of them.

Oscar isn't going to be affected at all unless Ozpin shares his memories of Pyrrha, which he's not likely to do... at least, not on purpose. He might do it by accident if Neo pisses him off enough to flood his thoughts with memories of Pyrrha enough that it bleeds into Oscar.

Neo hasn't shown the kind of speed needed to throw up the illusion fast enough to get them to suddenly pull a punch, like Envy did in Full Metal Alchemist.

She HAS shown the kind of speed necessary to throw up an illusionary "wall" to create the appearance that she disappeared, or that something (ANYTHING) has appeared. Neo can make it seem like Cinder Fall or any other reinforcement showed up, or that any of her enemies' allies showed up to make them overconfident and unguarded for a moment.
                Neo has two significant advantages in this fight. One, she has to know about, and could be the final tipping point. The second she probably doesn't know, but might emerge over the course of the battle

A running theme of this Volume seems to be the importance of unity. Atlas has been at its best and strongest when the people have been able to unite. RWBY coming ahead of the Ace Ops was part down to how disunified they got due to the situation, especially without their leader on hand. And they've spent all volume hammering home the growing distance between Ren and Nora. Even without directly using her powers on them, Neo is smart enough to find a tactical use for that if she can pick up on it in the fight.

Second point? Neo isn't the one with a warrant out. Hell, even Ironwood and Team RWBY don't know she's here. If the cops find them, every advantage goes to Neo

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post
                Now, I've seen some Theories about the Winter Maiden.

I've seen some people thinking Winter will get at least some of the power, if not all, to throw down with Cinder. Cinder may succeed in getting some of the power. Some have been theorizing that Fria will die and she won't think of anybody who can inherit the Mantle, and it'll go free-wheeling off and NORA will inherit it.

But I propose: What if PENNY becomes the next Winter Maiden? She's right there, and of the three in front of Fria right now I'd say Penny is the best candidate because she has the strongest moral compass, especially given her ethical reservations over the volume.

I definitely don't want any of Team RWBY to get a Maiden mantle, because I don't think they need it, either as a power boost or thematically. Nora getting one... Eh? It'd still feel a bit off
                I do like the idea. I really, really like it. However, I don't buy it narratively. After everything that's happened so far, I feel the Battle of Atlas is gonna be an overall loss for the forces of good. And the Winter Maiden is the battle I feel the safest calling as a loss. They've given us a lot of focus on Penny this volume... but I don't see it building up to something positive.

Not an outright loss. Even with her Maiden powers, Cinder was only just a match for Phyrra, and Penny seems to be on a stronger level than she was back then. And narratively the show doesn't just want to rehash Volume 3. But we're being set up for tragedy here. Friend against Friend. Sister against Sister...

My personal hot prediction for the finale below!

Salem is still playing Ironwood. She doesn't have an army here, it's just her in the city, after the two things she wants. Relic and Maiden. But she can only be in one place - so she'll prioritize the Relic, following Ironwood.

But I don't think she'd pull all this stuff if she didn't have some plan in place to grab the Winter Maiden powers too. And that plan ain't Cinder. So... the only thing I'm seeing is my old idea that Winter is disloyal. That she agreed to turn to Salem's side and help her secure Relic and Maiden in return for sparing Atlas a full invasion.

Penny wins the fight, narrowly. But Winter backstabs her at the last moment.

Comment

• seeing the non haters give in to grief and exasperation... it has a taste like vindication.
                  It takes poor reading comprehension or willful ignorance to confuse "Being angry with the characters" with "Being angry with the writers", I tell you what.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
                    It takes poor reading comprehension or willful ignorance to confuse "Being angry with the characters" with "Being angry with the writers", I tell you what.
                    You need to actually quote me for it to send a notification.

A personal attack on my reading comprehension is uncalled for, if you think that is equivalent to my -admittedly in poor taste- post than I am concerned that ad hominems will become acceptable on the forums or Mods will become involved.

And if it matters, I teach English so I have excellent reading comprehension.

Have a lovely day.

Edit: also this thread should probably get back on track, so why don't we all agree to drop this topic.

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

• *Plug ears* I'm just a lowly free watcher!

The Lunar Castebooks fan project - Complete! (Changing, Full, No, and Casteless)

Comment

• Originally posted by Tikor View Post
                        *Plug ears* I'm just a lowly free watcher!
                        EvErYtHiNg Is FiNe!

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

I think with this post you crossed the line away from honest participation.

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

goood, goood, let the hate flow through you.

I'm not gonna sit up here on Mt. Itoldyaso because I haven't watched since the stupid Penny Election bullshit, but seeing the non haters give in to grief and exasperation... it has a taste like vindication.
                          "Let the hate flow through you" is a meme often used to incite people and your participation isn't likely to improve since you haven't watched the last several episodes, so I think a thread ban is pretty reasonable.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                          Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

• Well! That hsppened
                            E13 spoilers
                            Congrats Kyman201 for predictive skill!

Comment

• C13 initial thought

I hate being right all the time

but....no stinger?

Comment

• Originally posted by vampire hunter D View Post
                                C13 initial thought

I hate being right all the time

but....no stinger?
                                Kerry went on Twitter saying that there's no stinger because they didn't want to Crunch their animators. Plus, given the way V7 ended, it kind of doesn't NEED a stinger.

Also...

Yeah, I'mma level with y'all, I didn't expect to be right when I said "Penny will become the next Maiden".

Also, I can't help but feel that Ironwood's moment was there just to make sure it was painfully clear that he's a good person but is very much in the wrong. Like, there's the subtle stuff at the start, the UNsubtle stuff when he declares martial law and decides to abandon most of Mantle to save the people of Atlas, and THEN we have "Literally will shoot a 14-year-old child"
                                Last edited by Kyman201; 02-01-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X