Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if a Solar Exalted fell in love with an Abyssal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you! That’s perfect. Chejop Kejak is the leader of the Bronze Faction, right?

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
      Thank you! That’s perfect. Chejop Kejak is the leader of the Bronze Faction, right?

That's correct, though exactly what being "the leader" entails is, again, something that's kind of varied between editions and hasn't been firmly pinned down in 3e yet. 2e had him be a more formal leader for the Bronze Faction, assigning Bronze Faction Sidereals to missions, giving them orders, that kind of thing. The approach I prefer personally, though, is to make the Factions within the Sidereals a bit more informal, with Chejop and other Bronze Faction higher-ups not having the legal authority to command younger Sidereals, but rather having to rely on more social pull and bureaucratic maneuvering to accomplish their private goals.

Comment

That sounds like what I would do.

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Yep. Of course, our game is only one way an Abyssal/Solar relationship could go. I’d say there are as many potential outcomes as there are types of relationships, with both partners having to deal with self-destructive urges of various types.

Comment

Also, Sticks' Zenith did meet her Lunar mate. The Lunar startled most of the Tya crew, but in the end, they set up two betting pools. One, if the Abyssal and the Lunar would get in a fight over the Solar (The Captain, the Night caste, won that bet). The second bet was if anyone could convince the Lunar to take a bath.

Comment

Malozing 😂 most people can be convinced to take a bath before they hook up with the person they love...

Comment

Oh, not much love there, perhaps possessiveness and some jealousy, but they literally just met and didn’t hit it off well.

My Zenith’s lunar mate is a dyed-in-the-wool devotee of Ma-Ha-Suchi. Anti-civilization to the extreme, including no hygiene.

Comment

I don’t think Ma-Ha-Suchi would take it that far. Even animals clean themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    I don’t think Ma-Ha-Suchi would take it that far. Even animals clean themselves.
                    Haha, yeah. It’s one of those ‘what the student hears isn’t what the teacher teaches’ situations, I think. This Lunar forgoes clothing, bathing, and if I remember correctly is suspicious of cooked food, all of this is apparently new since her Exaltation.

We actually didn’t spend long with her, she left after an in-game month on reasonably good terms, but it’s hard to tell where that particular plot-thread will go. We left her somewhere near An-Teng and we’ve since been to Chiaroscuro, Khirigast, the deep interior of Harborhead and now we’re headed for Paragon and Dari of the Mists.

Apparently one of our twilights’ alter-egos made an impression on Cathak Drogath when he (took credit for) slaying an Abyssal in Chiaroscuro, now Drogath has been captured and reached out to our Twilight for help. Things are getting complicated fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                      The Wizard of Oz too bad sexting doesn’t exist in Exalted...
                      Nonsense, you just pay a sorcerer to cast infallible messenger and relay your sexy message. You may have to pay for the sorcerer to be discreet about the service rendered though.

Comment

Uknown DarkLord yeah, but sexting usually involves sending dozens of messages back and forth till you both finish. That could get pretty expensive, even if you’re a Princess of the Earth. Unless of course you are a sorceress...

Comment

Custom sexting artifacts might work...

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                            Custom sexting artifacts might work...

Magical paper, when you write or draw something in it, it appears in a linked piece which was created along it (which is the one your husbando is carrying), and viceversa, so pretty much instant written communication between two persons. It could be used to pass secret information, but... Well, you know.

Sexting. Which is usually secret, or at least private!

Comment

Methinks 8 1/2 x 11 is excessive size for most.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks View Post
                                Methinks 8 1/2 x 11 is excessive size for most.

Of course it is. But this allows you to have extended conversations.

Extended sexting conversations. With drawings.

Comment

Working...
                                X