Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would happen if a Solar Exalted fell in love with an Abyssal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticks
    replied
    Oh, not much love there, perhaps possessiveness and some jealousy, but they literally just met and didn’t hit it off well.

My Zenith’s lunar mate is a dyed-in-the-wool devotee of Ma-Ha-Suchi. Anti-civilization to the extreme, including no hygiene.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Malozing 😂 most people can be convinced to take a bath before they hook up with the person they love...

Leave a comment:

• Malozing
    replied
    Also, Sticks' Zenith did meet her Lunar mate. The Lunar startled most of the Tya crew, but in the end, they set up two betting pools. One, if the Abyssal and the Lunar would get in a fight over the Solar (The Captain, the Night caste, won that bet). The second bet was if anyone could convince the Lunar to take a bath.

Leave a comment:

• Sticks
    replied
    Yep. Of course, our game is only one way an Abyssal/Solar relationship could go. I’d say there are as many potential outcomes as there are types of relationships, with both partners having to deal with self-destructive urges of various types.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    That sounds like what I would do.

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Pedersen
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    Thank you! That’s perfect. Chejop Kejak is the leader of the Bronze Faction, right?

That's correct, though exactly what being "the leader" entails is, again, something that's kind of varied between editions and hasn't been firmly pinned down in 3e yet. 2e had him be a more formal leader for the Bronze Faction, assigning Bronze Faction Sidereals to missions, giving them orders, that kind of thing. The approach I prefer personally, though, is to make the Factions within the Sidereals a bit more informal, with Chejop and other Bronze Faction higher-ups not having the legal authority to command younger Sidereals, but rather having to rely on more social pull and bureaucratic maneuvering to accomplish their private goals.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Thank you! That’s perfect. Chejop Kejak is the leader of the Bronze Faction, right?

Leave a comment:

• Kelly Pedersen
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    Are the Sidereals the ones behind the Immaculate Order?
    At least in 3e, the Sidereals were involved in shaping the Immaculate Faith when it emerged during the Shogunate, and when the Immaculate Order was founded in the early days of the Scarlet Empress' reign, the Sidereals took a hand in organizing it, and still maintain influence, with a few Sidereals maintaining cover identities as Immaculate Monks. But they aren't the sole manipulators of the Immaculates - Dragon-Blooded are just as important, if not more, to the Order and the Faith as a whole. Dragon-Bloods contributed to the philosophical underpinnings of the Immaculates, founding the Order and building it into a pillar of Realm society was a collaborative effort between the Sidereals and the Scarlet Empress (who seems to have known about the existence and general nature of Sidereals - they weren't pulling any wool over her eyes!), and the upper leadership of the modern-day Order is all Dragon-Blooded, who absolutely have their own motivations and goals, which can conflict with Sidereal ones and not get removed or neutralized out of hand.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    The Wizard of Oz too bad sexting doesn’t exist in Exalted...

Are the Sidereals the ones behind the Immaculate Order?

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    They do take a vow of celibacy. No marriage, no sex. (Masturbation is allowed)

If they break the vow, they (in theory) get kicked out of the order.

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Brokeback Mountain.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Sticks I love it! That's so romantic.

Are Immaculate Order monks not supposed to have sex?

Leave a comment:

• Sticks
    replied
    @Penelope

Both are female. My Zenith is a former Immaculate monk who’s been questioning her identity ever since she exalted. She’s been holding to her vows until she feels it’s the right time to break them, so chastity went out the window only when she realized that she really did love the abyssal.

It’s been a bit of a roller-coaster because the Neverborn are still whispering in the Abyssal’s ear, and she’s struggling with her own identity (am I just a weapon pretending to be a person?) but it’s a work in progress.

Leave a comment:

• satoshi
    replied
    Most likely Tragedy.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    I meant Sticks.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X