X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mal'akh View Post
    Thanks!

Originally posted by Patricl_Gleason
    My main interest is to get a sneak peek at Sidereals, Getimians and Dream-souled ahead of schedule. If we are going to get a sneak peek at them, that is.
    Dream-Souled will be in Exigents, the raw text of which will be out to backers before this anyway.

I play...
    Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
    Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
      I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Fate Accelerated.
      For comparison purposes: the Fate Core System is 308 pages. Fate Accelerated Edition is 48 pages.

Ian A. A. Watson
      Onyx Path Community Manager
      Trinity Continuum Content Lead

Comment

Generally, I'm not a fan of rules-lite variants. A lot of them are jumpstart/quickstart kits that only contain some of the rules, which is totally fine for a jumpstart kick to do to make things easier for totally new players, but doesn't interest me because it feels like I'm buying an incomplete version of the game when I could just wait and buy the real version when it comes out instead. Looking at you, Cyberpunk Red.

The ones that are meant to be a complete ruleset have a tendency to streamline or cut out the parts of the system that I like or that I appreciate for what they are. Looking at you, Shadowrun Anarchy.

For me, there's just a lot of... disinterest by association? Not sure what to call it. I like the product in principle for people who need it, but previous experiences with similar products have turned me off to the idea.

There's a good chance I'd buy it just for the lore on the Exalted though.

[Ex3] Why Gods Need the Exigence - Plot hooks for Exigent characters of various gods.
        [Ex3] Homebrew Solar Charms - I can see the future, and it is glorious.
        [Ex3] The Glass Library - My Exalted Third Edition Blog (Updated 24/04/2016)

Comment

As someone who tried Exalted 3e multiple times with multiple groups of players, this is exciting news. A lot of those attempts died because of the bloated Charm section and the higher degree of overall system complexity compared to older editions, so a thorough streamlining might help fix those issues. Depends on what exactly gets "streamlined", of course.

Comment

Indeed, you can't really say until you see it. I think it's a good idea, but it does depend of course.

Originally posted by Tiresias View Post

There's a good chance I'd buy it just for the lore on the Exalted though.
            Bear in mind that this isn't even finished as a First Draft. It's possible that the ST Companion (Crucibles of Legend), which will have QCs of Getimians, Liminals, etc, will be out first.

I play...
            Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

So, two new things from the press release:

1) Work on it will begin in 2020, and it's slated for a Kickstarter
              2) It'll have Universal Charms (including Martial Arts) that work across multiple Exalt types, as well as some Charms that are unique to specific Exalt types.

Also, correcting my earlier post, it's Monica Speca who's co-developing EE.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

It does sound like it's a fairly new project. I'm guessing the Kickstarter will be 2021 then.

For a simpler system, there's no real reason why your basic "punch harder/jump higher/balance better/take more punishment" kung-fu trope powers can't be the same for all of them, as long as there's still plenty of differentiation in other ways. The fact that one splat's perfect defence costs 2m more isn't that necessary when you can just give them different mote pools (give Solars the most, DBs the least, etc).

You obviously do want to avoid Lunars being Silver Solars+Shapeshifting though.

I play...

Comment

Hm. This is pretty much what I've been wanting for awhile now. Fingers crossed this turns out alright.

I'm feeling bluuuueeeee~

Comment

So, it has begun... *MORTAL KOMBAT MUSIC*

I do hope this project is successful.

Join the Strife

Comment

You obviously do want to avoid Lunars being Silver Solars+Shapeshifting though.
                      This time we're going for different flavors of Lunar. Gold Lunars, Twinkly Lunars, Planeteer Lunars, the works.

Hey, check out my first original RPG, Post-Mortem, here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/307131/PostMortem

Or read my Exalted novella The Silence of Our Ancestors here: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...looded-Novella

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Davican View Post
                        This time we're going for different flavors of Lunar. Gold Lunars, Twinkly Lunars, Planeteer Lunars, the works.
                        Don't forget Goth Lunars.

Disclaimer: In favor of fun and enjoyment, but may speak up to warn you that you're gonna step on a metaphorical land mine

Comment

Originally posted by Janissary87 View Post
                          Meh.

(Obligatory ten character limit)

Indeed? Another restart? Meh. I'll probably buy it though. Again.

They need to do a amazing pitch on the Kickstarter.
                          Last edited by Pram; 12-07-2019, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dex Davican View Post
                            How about mint choc chip Lunars?

I play...

Comment

Originally posted by Pram View Post

Indeed? Another restart? Meh. I'll probably buy it though. Again.
                              I asked the writers, it's a one-off book and then things will continue with the rules from the Core Book.

(I wouldn't be surprised if, if it's well-received, in 10 years time they release an Ex4 that takes ideas from the normal Ex3 rules and Essence. But that's in 10 years.)

I play...

Comment

I asked the writers, it's a one-off book and then things will continue with the rules from the Core Book.

(I wouldn't be surprised if, if it's well-received, in 10 years time they release an Ex4 that takes ideas from the normal Ex3 rules and Essence. But that's in 10 years.)
                                I just fine that they should give more details.

Right now, unless it's a very interesting add-on or change on the combat system, my level of hype won't budge that much.

Comment

Working...
                                X