The After-shock war, in the Age of Sorrows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tytalus View Post

Mind explaining some more? That sounds fascinating.
    Sorry, at the time I had this whole post planned but got distracted.

Essentially this wasn't the game that we were promised. I'd made a Night Caste called Radiant Mya who was supposed to be a social infiltrator rather than a ninja assassin. I'd deliberately given her quite low Dexterity in favour of high socials so she could charm her way into places she shouldn't be able to and worked for a secret society that considered IAM a terrifying intrusion into people's privacy.

So we'd had this rival who'd seemingly killed our previous circle despite a significant age/power disparity and the first part of the game involves my discovery that he was an Akuma. He then attacks us with everything and he's defeated with ease despite the fact he'd apparently killed our previous incarnations and the new circle only really had the Dawn and Zenith who could be called combatants.

That's when they came! Cyclopian mole people with some kind of power to adapt to/negate essence. If you were fighting them then your charms incurred this building mote surcharge and they had the ability to poke through essence based deceptions like Myas. This caused a scenario where she was revealed in the middle of the enemy camp and the sheer lack of combat ability or weapons led to her throwing a shoe at someone in desperation.

What really soured me on the premise was realising how often things were being fudged for us to not die while at the same time getting nowhere. I'm 90% sure in retrospect that the Storyteller was in a depression spiral and was running us into an unbeatable enemy as a reflection of that.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

The question is, should I have the Unconquered Sun die? I mean, he's constantly suppressing Temperance to play the games of Divinity? Rametheus could have simply smashed his way into the jade pleasure dome, and jabbed the sword of the yozis at his face, and he probably wouldn't raise a hand to defend himself.

On one hand, its a good way to show how things cannot be brought back. On the other hand, it seems like a sucky way to die for the King of the Gods.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        The question is, should I have the Unconquered Sun die? I mean, he's constantly suppressing Temperance to play the games of Divinity? Rametheus could have simply smashed his way into the jade pleasure dome, and jabbed the sword of the yozis at his face, and he probably wouldn't raise a hand to defend himself.

On one hand, its a good way to show how things cannot be brought back. On the other hand, it seems like a sucky way to die for the King of the Gods.
        It's also awesome for the players if you're going by 2e rules.

Comment

The question is, should I have the Unconquered Sun die? I mean, he's constantly suppressing Temperance to play the games of Divinity?
          That's not how it worked in 2e. Suppressing a virtue only kept it down for a scene, even if the behavior that ran counter to the virtue lasted for far longer than that.
          Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-13-2020, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            That's not how it worked in 2e. Suppressing a virtue only kept it down for a scene, even if the behavior that ran counter to the virtue lasted for far longer than that.
            Huh. Really?

Then I should have Rametheus grab someone or carry out some plot that forces the Sun to suppress Temperance. Let's see... suppressing Temperance would mean that he either lies, breaks his promises, or indulges. So there's the Games of Divinity, so I must make him break his promise.

What about a promise to keep someone or something safe, and then Rametheus holds it hostage, forcing him into a no-win situation?

Comment

I mean, even without his Temperance, the Unconquered Sun could still weather even a pretty impressive attack and kill Rametheus in one hit with his spear.

​(And no, I don't know what the weakness in Rametheus' perfect defense is. But Iggy D should, considering the millennia he spent with Rammy as one of his multitude of dickhead bosses.)

Comment

I mean, even without his Temperance, the Unconquered Sun could still weather even a pretty impressive attack and kill Rametheus in one hit with his spear.

​(And no, I don't know what the weakness in Rametheus' perfect defense is. But Iggy D should, considering the millennia he spent with Rammy as one of his multitude of dickhead bosses.)
                You mean like how...

You know what? Fuck it. I'm too tired for this shit.

Comment

Look, all I'm saying is, just kicking in the door and attacking the Unconquered Sun is not a smart move. Rametheus should be smart enough to know that the Unconquered Sun isn't a pushover even with one or more of his Virtues down, and that his retaliation will be swift and possibly lethal to even one as mighty as a Primordial.

Heck, him attacking the Unconquered Sun in the first place is actually what drops his protection against attack by the Unconquered Sun. As long as that's up, the Geas prevents Conky from throwing his godspear at the guy.

Comment

Maybe.... But i still want the sun dead.

Ramethus can have a perfect defense that functions during combat and then basically throw a dozen chips, betting on being able to murder the unconquered sun.

It means that solars no longer have any patron to give them nice messages, neither is there any more big good in the setting.

Comment

Ramethus can have a perfect defense that functions during combat...
                      All perfect defenses function during combat. But they're generally supposed to have some vulnerability. In the case of Primordials, the vulnerability was something thematic to them - Cecelyne's were vulnerable to attacks that could strike dematerialized spirits; Malfeas' only functioned inside places designed to be lived in; the Ebon Dragon's failed against Holy attacks.

​But i still want the sun dead.
                      And you can do that. But it's probably gonna require a more complex strategy than just kicking in the door of the Jade Pleasure Dome and putting a sword in the guy.
                      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-13-2020, 04:18 AM.

Comment

I apologize.

What I meant was... Well, it's Ramethus. The Garden of War.

What kind of vulnerability would he have?

Comment

I apologize.
                          Thank you. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, either.

What I meant was... Well, it's Ramethus. The Garden of War.

What kind of vulnerability would he have?
                          I don't know. Some vulnerability. Nobody's perfect. Since you're the one fleshing this scenario out, perhaps you should come up with a flaw of invulnerability for Rammy's perfect defenses?

Comment

Thank you. I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers, either.

I don't know. Some vulnerability. Nobody's perfect. Since you're the one fleshing this scenario out, perhaps you should come up with a flaw of invulnerability for Rammy's perfect defenses?
                            *sigh*

I'm sorry again. Text is horrific for putting in tone. That was basically a rhetorical question. The thing is, since this is Rametheus, the Garden of War, what I'm thinking is that its some kind of, well, perfect that works with it. Rametheus is a being that cannot be defeated in the kind of combat he likes. Or at least, he's the primordial that pared himself down into the epitome of battle and war.

In other words, if he was to break the jade pleasure dome to bits and then stab the sword of the yozis at Sol's face? I say that his perfect is the exact kind of thing that works in that scenario. To beat him, you have to steal the initiative. You'll have to, I dunno, surprise attack him, or hit him before he hits you.

Comment

Can the Unconquered Sun, or any god for that matter, even fight against a Primordial ? Since they created the Exalted to fight the enemies they could not fight themselves, I assumed all the gods had a sort of geas that prevents them from fighting the Primordials themselves.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Originally posted by Chausse View Post

Can the Unconquered Sun, or any god for that matter, even fight against a Primordial ? Since they created the Exalted to fight the enemies they could not fight themselves, I assumed all the gods had a sort of geas that prevents them from fighting the Primordials themselves.
                                Apparently there's a thing in 2e that says 'A primordial attacking a god means the god can fight back'.

Comment

Working...
                                X