Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The After-shock war, in the Age of Sorrows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Chausse View Post
    Can the Unconquered Sun, or any god for that matter, even fight against a Primordial ? Since they created the Exalted to fight the enemies they could not fight themselves, I assumed all the gods had a sort of geas that prevents them from fighting the Primordials themselves.
    In 2e, which is where they fleshed out the Geas, the Geas only functioned so long as the Primordial in question didn't attack the god in question.

    ​In 3e this hasn't been covered, and honestly I prefer it that way. We're way into the metaphysics weeds, here.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
      In 2e, which is where they fleshed out the Geas, the Geas only functioned so long as the Primordial in question didn't attack the god in question.

      ​In 3e this hasn't been covered, and honestly I prefer it that way. We're way into the metaphysics weeds, here.
      Yeah I wasn't talking about a mechanical rule, but more about "The Primordial Age was terrible for the gods because their creator could bring their end arbitrarily and they couldn't even try to resist" kind of things


      My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

      Comment


      • #33
        I mean, I don't consider Donald Trump's presidency to be a terrible time for Americans because I'm worried he can just show up out of nowhere and punch me and I can't hit him back. I consider it terrible because he's casually dismantling systems and endangering the things I love as he strides thoughtlessly around the country like it's his personal playground.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
          I mean, I don't consider Donald Trump's presidency to be a terrible time for Americans because I'm worried he can just show up out of nowhere and punch me and I can't hit him back. I consider it terrible because he's casually dismantling systems and endangering the things I love as he strides thoughtlessly around the country like it's his personal playground.
          Yeah but a specific point that marked me in the Primordial Age description is that the gods couldn't even rebel. Even the Unconquered Sun had to pass his strength onto others so they could fight injustice because he couldn't on his own.


          My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

            You mean like how...

            You know what? Fuck it. I'm too tired for this shit.
            Careful. You just got back from a suspension.
            Last edited by Lioness; 02-13-2020, 07:10 PM.


            Onyx Path Forum Moderator
            Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

            Comment


            • #36
              So, as someone who's killed the Sun a couple of times. Let's rap.

              Frankly, all of the Sun's toys are... a pain.

              You can do it by knocking down Temperance and (2E) spaming stunted perfects. But I strongly recommend getting that damn spear.

              How?

              Engineer a crisis that challenges the Sun on multiple fronts. This is easier if you have his ear in Heaven. We convinced him to give The Bull his Spear. This doesn't stop him simply recalling the Godspeed Reflexively, but we had him in a position where doing so would lead to the deaths of everyone in White Wall (and therefore mean suppressing Compassion). Then we challenged him to a fist fight (so what if my fists have One Hand Fury), so recalling the Spear would mean suppressing Valor as well.

              Still... if you wanted some kind of blitz... Why stop at the Sun?

              Why not take out all of The Heavenly City? Do Primordial shenanigans to cast all Yu Shan into the Deep Wyld, forever separated from Creation? Basically kills all the Celestines (maybe a facet of Luna survives, Maidens as required). Cuts off the Sids. I could see some Primordial war machine doing that.


              Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

              Comment


              • #37
                I wonder if you threw them far enough away or segmented then enough if that might deactivate all of the celestial exaltations in Creation.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I don't think so; it's power they've invested permanently in their champions, not something that requires them to be around per-se.


                  I play...
                  Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                  Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                    I wonder if you threw them far enough away or segmented then enough if that might deactivate all of the celestial exaltations in Creation.
                    Celestial exaltations are independent of their patron. Killing the sun just makes solars angrier.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

                      Celestial exaltations are independent of their patron. Killing the sun just makes solars angrier.
                      Well, yes, but what if you threw them to the other side of Oramus or something, like to the point where it unmakes them ever having existed in the world. It could snap creation around and have them lose every exalt type except for DBs and some of the new ones. I think even Exigents would be out of luck since their power comes from the Sun.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                        Well, yes, but what if you threw them to the other side of Oramus or something…
                        Oramus is in the Demon City. Demons walk from one side of him to the other on a daily basis, probably.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                          Oramus is in the Demon City. Demons walk from one side of him to the other on a daily basis, probably.
                          What am I thinking of then? The space where things go when they never were?

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

                            Well, yes, but what if you threw them to the other side of Oramus or something, like to the point where it unmakes them ever having existed in the world. It could snap creation around and have them lose every exalt type except for DBs and some of the new ones. I think even Exigents would be out of luck since their power comes from the Sun.
                            Rewriting history is a shaping attack. Exaltation, and exalts, are immune to those.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

                              Rewriting history is a shaping attack. Exaltation, and exalts, are immune to those.
                              True, you might be able to do something with them though. The Jade prison is a thing that happened. Also the Lunars altered their castes from age to age.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

                                True, you might be able to do something with them though. The Jade prison is a thing that happened. Also the Lunars altered their castes from age to age.
                                Yup. But note, you can't destroy them. And no matter what happened, you can't deal with the fact that exaltation requires free will.

                                In other words, exaltation will always be there. Always existing. By all means, lock them away in the deepest, darkest dungeon and throw away the key. There's always the chance they'll get out. And they'll be waiting there for one more spark of heroism to ignite.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X