The After-shock war, in the Age of Sorrows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
    What am I thinking of then? The space where things go when they never were?
    Are you talking about putting something beyond the boundaries of one or more of the shinma? Because that’s not something you can do just by throwing really hard.

To put it a little more simply, the shinma are just a flowery way of saying some really obvious stuff about reality and the stuff inside reality (things can exist; things can be identified; things can be in places; things can interact with each other; things cannot be perfect; things can come into conflict with each other) by showing the “things” that don’t follow those rules (Nishkriya cannot come into conflict with anything; Dharma is perfect and unchanging; Nurvikalpa cannot interact with anything; Nirupadhika cannot be anywhere; Nirvishesha has no identity; Nirguna does not exist).

Very fitting when talking about what some Fair Folk believe. Less useful when talking about stuff taking place anywhere near Creation.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-14-2020, 03:43 AM.

Comment

I believe he means The Beyond, like what happened to Prince Laashe.

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

Yup. But note, you can't destroy them. And no matter what happened, you can't deal with the fact that exaltation requires free will.

In other words, exaltation will always be there. Always existing. By all means, lock them away in the deepest, darkest dungeon and throw away the key. There's always the chance they'll get out. And they'll be waiting there for one more spark of heroism to ignite.
        Not necessarily, the Exaltations are bound to Creation and Humans. If you get rid of those that’s pretty well the end of them.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hug Ninja View Post
          I believe he means The Beyond, like what happened to Prince Laashe.
          I may actually not be thinking god anything from exalted. Maybe from Warhammer?

Comment

Not necessarily, the Exaltations are bound to Creation and Humans. If you get rid of those that’s pretty well the end of them.
            Of course. You can render exaltation useless by making the human race extinct. Good luck with that though.

But for the purpose of this discussion (trying to undo the derail here) humanity isn't extinct.

Comment

Of course. You can render exaltation useless by making the human race extinct. Good luck with that though.

But for the purpose of this discussion (trying to undo the derail here) humanity isn't extinct.
              No but considering the nature of Exaltation that’s probably a good first step for Rametheus. Maybe it starts by going around wiping out the more isolated and least defended populations first while stoking the fires around the Solar-Lunar-Dragonblooded conflicts. It could probably even enlist some real solid help from the Deathlords and their minions. Maybe even get a hold of the Sword of Creation and shoot it until it breaks.

I think somewhere it’s said the Sword is capable of destroying all of creation if used that way so you’re pretty good there.

Comment

No but considering the nature of Exaltation that’s probably a good first step for Rametheus. Maybe it starts by going around wiping out the more isolated and least defended populations first while stoking the fires around the Solar-Lunar-Dragonblooded conflicts. It could probably even enlist some real solid help from the Deathlords and their minions. Maybe even get a hold of the Sword of Creation and shoot it until it breaks.

I think somewhere it’s said the Sword is capable of destroying all of creation if used that way so you’re pretty good there.
                Oh no, rest assured, its quite likely that Rametheus goes around throwing 2nd and 3rd circle diseases around for shits and giggles, because well, he's out to play for keeps. It's just that.... Exalted are really hard to kill, and odds are that any exalted who survive would try their best to revive the human race. Dragon blood is so dispersed amongst the human population that pretty much everyone has it, and Lunar and Sidereal exaltations are indestructible and there's no way to catch them.
                Last edited by Accelerator; 02-14-2020, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Oh no, rest assured, its quite likely that Rametheus goes around throwing 2nd and 3rd circle diseases around for shits and giggles, because well, he's out to play for keeps. It's just that.... Exalted are really fucking hard to kill, and odds are that any exalted who survive would try their best to revive the human race. Dragon blood is so dispersed amongst the human population that pretty much everyone has it, and Lunar and Sidereal exaltations are indestructible and there's no way to catch them.
                  I don’t know about the blanket statement that they’re indestructible and impossible to catch. Normally, yes, but this is a world ending Primordial we’re talking about here. Solar exaltations have been captured by Sidereals and twisted by the dead Neverborn and the fallen Yozi into new forms. Neither of those things were done by the Primordials during the Great War, but if dead and imprisoned Primordials can do it I have to assume that a living one could potentially find a way.

The Solars are already half corrupted and also all young with no infrastructure, so it might start with Sidereals or Lunars. Not to say that it will definitely happen, but it’s not a possibility that should be completely dismissed. Not normally a thing to think about because most enemies in Exalted fall SO short of full power war-focused Prinordial that it’s not really worth the effort.

Comment

Oh no, rest assured, its quite likely that Rametheus goes around throwing 2nd and 3rd circle diseases around for shits and giggles, because well, he's out to play for keeps. It's just that.... Exalted are really fucking hard to kill, and odds are that any exalted who survive would try their best to revive the human race. Dragon blood is so dispersed amongst the human population that pretty much everyone has it, and Lunar and Sidereal exaltations are indestructible and there's no way to catch them.
                    I'm totally unsure about this but I believe your use of swear words is not a good idea on this forum.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                      I'm totally unsure about this but I believe your use of swear words is not a good idea on this forum.
                      Swearing is permitted on the forum when it doesn't break forum rules. For example, you can respect the conversation while swearing; "I think your idea's damn awesome," for example, but if you say "Shit, this discussion's not worth my time," that's disrespecting the conversation and thus against the rules.

​"Fuck yeah," not "fuck you."
                      Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 02-14-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Can I get a Hell Yeah?

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

Originally posted by Tymeaus Jalynsfein View Post
                          Can I get a Hell Yeah?
                          Hell yeah!

Comment

I apologize.

What I meant was... Well, it's Ramethus. The Garden of War.

What kind of vulnerability would he have?
                            How about something like this?

Attrition is Life
                            Cost: 1bhl or 1lhl or 1ahl (+4m, +8m)
                            Type: Reflexive
                            Duration: 1 tick
                            Keywords: Combo-OK
                            Pre-reqs: Ramethus Cosmic Principle

When Ramethus is engaged in Mass Combat and would take damage, Ramethus may pay one health level to prevent that damage completely as a Perfect Defense. Paying with a Bashing level prevents all Bashing damage, and renders Ramethus immune to Bashing damage for the tick (including sub-type damage, such as Stunning damage). A Lethal level does the same for Lethal and Bashing damage. An Aggravated level renders Ramethus immune to all damage for one tick. The cost of this Charm counts as a unique Flaw of Invulnerabiltiy.

If not in Mass Combat, but rolled into battle with Join Battle, Ramethus may pay a 4m surcharge to use this Charm to become immune to damage, and may reflexively force all combatants to roll Join War, converting the fight to Mass Combat.

Outside of combat entirely, Ramethus may pay an 8m surcharge to use this Charm against any source of damage.

War is the Crucible
                            Cost: 0m (+4m, +8m, +12m)
                            Type: Reflexive
                            Duration: Instant
                            Keywords: Combo-OK
                            Pre-reqs: Attrition is Life

When Ramethus is engaged in Mass Combat, Ramethus may pay 0m to perfectly defend against any effect that would make The Garden of War less effective at combat (apart from health track damage). Such effects include, but are not limited to, Shaping effects, Crippling effects, Compulsion or Servitude effects, and natural or unnatural social influence aimed at convincing Ramethus to stop hostilities. Effects which Ramethus does not defend against (See Unstoppable Force, Immovable Object) and effects which do not reduce Ramethus's combat ability are not valid.

This Charm may be employed for a +4m surcharge if Ramethus is rolled into battle with Join Battle, or an +8m surcharge if not in combat at all.

Canny opponents can try to couch their effects in the trappings of war: Ramethus may freely ignore desperate pleas for mercy, but formal calls for cease-fire are a part and parcel of warfare. Defending against attacks stunted as a normal part of warfare carries an additional +4m surcharge, and likely requires Ramethus to spend Willpower and take Limit act against his Intimacy towards Warfare.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Working...
                            X