Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

E10 Solar Charm (P.E.A.C.H.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • E10 Solar Charm (P.E.A.C.H.)

    I've long wanted to write an E10 Solar charm - a charm that captures the pinnacle of pinnacles, the raw power and majesty of the Solar Exalted in charm form. I've had a number of ideas in the back of my head for a while, but as soon as this one came to me I knew it was perfect - awe-inspiring, yet balanced; simple, yet cleverly designed, with endless depths to explore. I don't think it's an exaggeration to call this the greatest charm ever to exist, but I would love feedback over how incredible it is. Behold:

    This One Goes to Eleven

    Cost:
    --; Mins: Integrity 5, Essence 10; Type: Permanent

    The Solar sits at the ultimate pinnacle of Creation. Having attained ultimate enlightenment, they understand the workings of Creation and the universe as if it were their own hand. All things bow before their unyielding spirit and flawless, absolute perfection. From this lofty pinnacle, how can one proceed? When you are already at the top, where can you go from there? Where? This charm allows you to raise your Essence to 11.

  • #2
    Why don’t you just make Essence 10 more powerful and make that the top number and just be more powerful?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
      I've long wanted to write an E10 Solar charm - a charm that captures the pinnacle of pinnacles, the raw power and majesty of the Solar Exalted in charm form. I've had a number of ideas in the back of my head for a while, but as soon as this one came to me I knew it was perfect - awe-inspiring, yet balanced; simple, yet cleverly designed, with endless depths to explore. I don't think it's an exaggeration to call this the greatest charm ever to exist, but I would love feedback over how incredible it is. Behold:

      This One Goes to Eleven

      Cost:
      --; Mins: Integrity 5, Essence 10; Type: Permanent

      The Solar sits at the ultimate pinnacle of Creation. Having attained ultimate enlightenment, they understand the workings of Creation and the universe as if it were their own hand. All things bow before their unyielding spirit and flawless, absolute perfection. From this lofty pinnacle, how can one proceed? When you are already at the top, where can you go from there? Where? This charm allows you to raise your Essence to 11.
      Not enough. Essence 10, integrity 10 should be the minimums.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
        Why don’t you just make Essence 10 more powerful and make that the top number and just be more powerful?
        ...because this goes to eleven.

        Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        Not enough. Essence 10, integrity 10 should be the minimums.
        If this is 3rd edition, Abilities (and Attributes) don't go above 5 even at Essence 6+.

        Comment


        • #5
          And yet it is still less than that Essence 14 alchemical from 1E.

          Comment


          • #6
            Aw man. That sounds kinda crappy.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, but wait until you see what the Essence 11 Charm does.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
                And yet it is still less than that Essence 14 alchemical from 1E.
                I am alarmed, slightly offended, and mostly curious. What is this E14 charm of which you speak?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Grod_the_giant View Post
                  I am alarmed, slightly offended, and mostly curious. What is this E14 charm of which you speak?
                  It's not a Charm. There's an optional sidebar event in the infamous Locust War adventure chapter in Exalted: The Autochthonians wherein Lissome Avid Engineer, in desperation, somehow merges with a powerful geomantic nexus and shoots up to Essence 10. Probably due to a typo, a later reference to this event instead refers to her as Essence 16.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                    If this is 3rd edition, Abilities (and Attributes) don't go above 5 even at Essence 6+.
                    The main thing that's been ditched is that essence 6+ automatically entitles characters to Attribute and Ability ratings in excess of 5 because that led to a lot of elders being unbeatable in roll-offs at stuff that wasn't even relevant to them. I don't know if this has changed between developers but Morke didn't seem averse to elders having traits higher than 5 just that this kind of permanent advantage had to say something about the character, rather than elder superiority because.


                    Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                      The main thing that's been ditched is that essence 6+ automatically entitles characters to Attribute and Ability ratings in excess of 5 because that led to a lot of elders being unbeatable in roll-offs at stuff that wasn't even relevant to them. I don't know if this has changed between developers but Morke didn't seem averse to elders having traits higher than 5 just that this kind of permanent advantage had to say something about the character, rather than elder superiority because.
                      Yeah I guess having a Charm that raise your permanent score in some abilities past 5 (a bit like those for Appearance in Solar) at high Essence make sense if it marks the nature of the Exalted in a significant way.


                      My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Lioness View Post
                        The main thing that's been ditched is that essence 6+ automatically entitles characters to Attribute and Ability ratings in excess of 5 because that led to a lot of elders being unbeatable in roll-offs at stuff that wasn't even relevant to them. I don't know if this has changed between developers but Morke didn't seem averse to elders having traits higher than 5 just that this kind of permanent advantage had to say something about the character, rather than elder superiority because.
                        You might be right -- I don't recall the exact phrasing used when this came up in the past.

                        That said, there are a lot of ways that an elder's prowess could be demonstrated without actually increasing anything to 6. I'm kinda thinking of stuff like Tiger's Dread Symmetry, which just...gives you a bonus die on all Presence rolls. It doesn't increase the user's maximum dice pool, but it does save on Essence (much like those "free full Excellency once per scene" Charms).

                        Actually, looking at the Lunars book, Lilith has 12 dice in a few of her action pools. I'm not sure if she has something adding a non-Charm die to those or what (or if someone just wrote down her dice pools without thinking too hard about trait maximums).

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jefepato View Post

                          ...because this goes to eleven.
                          That's one higher.

                          Also what does PEACH mean?


                          Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                            Also what does PEACH mean?
                            Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Aquillion View Post
                              I've long wanted to write an E10 Solar charm - a charm that captures the pinnacle of pinnacles, the raw power and majesty of the Solar Exalted in charm form. I've had a number of ideas in the back of my head for a while, but as soon as this one came to me I knew it was perfect - awe-inspiring, yet balanced; simple, yet cleverly designed, with endless depths to explore. I don't think it's an exaggeration to call this the greatest charm ever to exist, but I would love feedback over how incredible it is. Behold:

                              This One Goes to Eleven

                              Cost:
                              --; Mins: Integrity 5, Essence 10; Type: Permanent

                              The Solar sits at the ultimate pinnacle of Creation. Having attained ultimate enlightenment, they understand the workings of Creation and the universe as if it were their own hand. All things bow before their unyielding spirit and flawless, absolute perfection. From this lofty pinnacle, how can one proceed? When you are already at the top, where can you go from there? Where? This charm allows you to raise your Essence to 11.
                              I suspect this is intended as a joke. Assuming it's not, given elder Essence is already an unclear and somewhat ambiguous subject from what's known of 3e a brief description of the feats and possibilities of achieving Essence 11 would be appropriate. For all the Devil-Tiger concept was liked it was essentially a blank slate, after all. Guidelines about charm roll-off interactions seem especially appropriate. Additionally Integrity 5 seems a bit low as a prerequisite for an E10 Charm. Finally it seems inappropriate for the charm to have no prerequisites or keywords at all. Would it be easier or harder for an E10 Eclipse to learn it with their anima ability than a Twilight or Zenith?

                              And if it is, it's a bad one.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X