• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't f**k the gay, f**k Cthulhu

~ Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn ~
    ~ Let my tentacles be on your pecs
    ~
    🦑 + 💪

The charm Rose-Lipped Seduction Style makes me think about something, we all know that humans are extremely horny even against non-human, from phallic-head aliens to anthropomorphized animals can all make some men hot and wet inside (and probably some women too maybe?).

But what about the other side though? Do spirits, demons, fairies, and eldritch abominations from another dimension find humans extremely hot? Like, RLSS makes sure that someone like Cthulhu will get a boner from your steel-abs lap dance, but is it possible for him to be insanely into to a human since we are just so so sexy? I mean, looks at our wibble wibble noodle arms, they look pretty hot to me, and we got fur at all the right places too! If things like spirits and raksha are only into us because of our so-so shining personality (and also souls for the latter), they are missing out on a lot of sexiness.
    Last edited by Jen; 01-15-2020, 03:25 PM.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

While I'm not entirely sure the thread title is appropriate, I'm entirely sure Cthulhu breaking reality just to serenade a Solar is as Exalted as it gets.

Comment

I'm sorry, all I can think of when I read that title was "I didn't know Chuck Tingle was an Exalted fan."

Which is...rather plausible, really.

Comment

I can see humans having some kind of universal sex appeal. I can also see humans being the least sexy creatures out there but RLSS overcoming this.

In line with my personal, political biases, I think attraction is probably more a thing between two (well one or more) individuals. I'm not exactly comfortable with entire species finding entire other species attractive.

But if we look at the evidence the Elemental Censor of the West is a freakin' dragon with a mortal paramore. There's a strong implication that humans are just sexy.

Tangent: I'm pretty sure RLSS makes you attractive by you changing how you present, not changing what other people find attractive. Like, a male Solar attracting a straight guy is doing it by being androgynous enough that the other dude doesn't feel gay. Scott Bakula style.
        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 01-15-2020, 03:34 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
          While I'm not entirely sure the thread title is appropriate, I'm entirely sure Cthulhu breaking reality just to serenade a Solar is as Exalted as it gets.
          Pounded By Flying Polyps After Cultists Erased My Elder Sign

Comment

I'd assume Raksha would be just as DTF with a Dragon King or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
              I can see humans having some kind of universal sex appeal. I can also see humans being the least sexy creatures out there but RLSS overcoming this.

In line with my personal, political biases, I think attraction is probably more a thing between two (well one or more) individuals. I'm not exactly comfortable with entire species finding entire other species attractive.

But if we look at the evidence the Elemental Censor of the West is a freakin' dragon with a mortal paramore. There's a strong implication that humans are just sexy.

Tangent: I'm pretty sure RLSS makes you attractive by you changing how you present, not changing what other people find attractive. Like, a male Solar attracting a straight guy is doing it by being androgynous enough that the other dude doesn't feel gay. Scott Bakula style.
              I think it's more that sexy is just objective in Creation. Personally, I blame Venus. Not necessarily sexual attraction being objective, but universal agreement that Fakharu is a mighty fine piece of scale even if you don't swing all the way out that far. The way people in real life will talk about attractive celebrities.

Tangent: I always envisioned RLSS as being similar to Knowing the Soul's Price. There's something that will get the other party to engage in the desired behavior, but it's not necessarily lust. So the Solar unconsciously frames their seductive attempt in a manner relevant to to an appropriately strong Intimacy, even one they don't know about or that's not lust-adjacent, because they're just that good. The seduction can't be unacceptable due to lack of relevant intimacy because the target has some Intimacy strong enough, and it can't be unacceptable due to orientation because such a target would be approached along a non-sex vector.

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                It is posts like this that remind me why I fell in love with Exalted for the first time.
                Last edited by Daredevil; 01-15-2020, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
                  I'm not sure how you get that read from this short charm fluff. You perk up your thick pecs and steel abs then supercharge it with sun daddy essence.
                  With a provocative word and gesture, the Exalt amplifies her form with Essence, treating the target of such intensity to the fullness of her desires.
                  And besides, I want to be so hot that Cthulhu will have a boner, not some kind of phenomenon wrangler or psychic illusionist.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Does Cthulhu actually have sexual characteristics? A sufficiently skilled Solar with RLSS should potentially be able to seduce anything that's capable of sex and lust, but I'm not sure Cthulhu is.

But then, Cthulhu is frankly a lot more alien than anything that actually exists in the world of Exalted. A Solar can certainly seduce titans, unshaped raksha, behemoths, those weird underground things that the Mountain Folk fight...

Comment

Given 3e Solar Charms, and Social Charms in general, are supposed to be more about Solars doing specific things than imposing essence on others to alter their mind or being, and given that Performance is about acting, all this seems to point to alteration and changes in presentation of the self than simply supercharging the self (more like JohnDoe's interpretation?).

That said, I'm not sure if (or not) it really matters unless you're altering someone's player character or an NPC they *own* and feel strongly about, so maybe you can do this either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                        Does Cthulhu actually have sexual characteristics? A sufficiently skilled Solar with RLSS should potentially be able to seduce anything that's capable of sex and lust, but I'm not sure Cthulhu is.

But then, Cthulhu is frankly a lot more alien than anything that actually exists in the world of Exalted. A Solar can certainly seduce titans, unshaped raksha, behemoths, those weird underground things that the Mountain Folk fight...

He has 3-4 children, so yes he does. He's a prehuman high priest of Yozi-level reality defining entities, and Exalted's got it's own "Giant monsters who build cities to big" (Obsidian in the Lunars suggests as much anyway).

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
                        Many Limbed Manual
                        Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
                        San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
                        My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Speaking only internally to Exalted, the humanoid form appears to be some sort of metaphysical baseline at least within the domain of Primordial activity. Many of the Titans, and most of their souls have humaniform bodies, most of which will predate humanity and certainly wouldn't have been done to flatter or be familiar to humans. Raksha who take shape default to a fairly human form. The mountain folk and the lintha all were very human-looking and predate humanity as well.

It came up back in 2E that Agata have really high appearance and people wondered if they were sexy giant wasps. I believe the general consensus is that while they are universally appealing, that appeal is not universally sexual (though will be for some people, even non-giant insects).

Comment

Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                            Even if he weren’t that would still be represented mechanically as “This kind of influence is unacceptable.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ghosthead View Post
                              Given 3e Solar Charms, and Social Charms in general, are supposed to be more about Solars doing specific things than imposing essence on others to alter their mind or being, and given that Performance is about acting, all this seems to point to alteration and changes in presentation of the self than simply supercharging the self (more like JohnDoe's interpretation?).
                              You don't shoot a solar mind beam at Cthulhu, you instead takes off your shirt and spreads shiny oil all over that thick hairy chest at the giant squid man. If that's mind-controlling then I'm my husband's mind slave according to this logic.

Comment

Working...
                              X