What's on your Exalted bingo card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's on your Exalted bingo card?

So lately I've been a little called out by the fiancée on a few behaviour patterns of my characters and plot elements in my games and she joked about getting bingo cards made.
    Some of it was pretty obvious even to me, I do enjoy masked secret societies and characters who won't quite lie about their backstories, but they will sprinkle a bit of Obi Wan truth in there so that people think they know what's going on when really they don't. Most recently I had it pointed out to me that when my characters fight they are often exceedingly vicious to the point that so far 3 of my third edition characters have bitten people.

So, what would your bingo card say of your deeds?
    Last edited by The Hug Ninja; 01-17-2020, 02:32 PM.

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

• My characters tend to be eccentrics who shock others with their unexpected behaviour, be it in a good or a bad way.
    • They will often be zealous in their beliefs and motivations, usually to a fault.
    • In terms of party dynamics, I usually try to bridge the gap between the 2 extremes in the group. I do this either by being a voice of reason, or by acting so outlandishly that disapproval of my actions becomes the one thing both sides can agree on.
    • In combat, 3 of my characters have at some point tried to browbeat their foe into submission as a Withering attack.

Comment

I don't play enough (usually I'm a ST), but most of my characters have a "monk"-style to them.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

All my characters are sorcerers.
        Most of them are martial artists.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

• WLW and/or ace women.
          • Scarring and/or a missing eye, often presented as adding to a character's visual appeal.
          • Involvement in the criminal underworld, organized crime, etc.
          • Usually social and/or mental over physical focus. Bureaucracy often.
          • Guilt or regret.

Abyssals: Whom Death Has Called, a PEACH-as-heck attempt to make an Abyssal 3E holdover.

Where I try to make Artifacts. When I finish them I'll probably post them in the Artifact Workshop thread so people can help me hammer them into shape.

Comment

Note that these aren’t things I always do, but things that show up fairly often.

•Brawl dots.
            •Presence dots.
            •Often my character holds no special reverence for any particular god or gods.
            •I prefer them to be somewhat fresh-faced. Mostly because I want to see where life takes them.
            •I tend to pick Intimacies that I know are going to be challenged in some way. A moral code, a selfish desire, a deep hatred.

Comment

All of my characters are big buffed hot gay men, tend to be overdesigned (which I'm trying to remedy), and oozing feminine energy. Plus none of them have archery or thrown as their main combat schtick it seems.

The no.1 fan of Demetheus. I also draw Exalted things and is looking for commission works ~

Comment

Most of my characters have deep social disabilities who don´t let them socialize and intimate at a personal level. Maybe they are overtly narcissistic (like my mortal sorceress) highly traumatized and paranoid (my Solar brawler) or just someone who see people as interchangeable tools (my Changing Moon revolutionary).My current Dragon Blooded bounty hunter is an explicit exception, being caring and honourable (and being mostly a female gunslinging Sanjuro).

It´s weird. I like social characters, and this only happens to me when I play Exalted. My last Aquelarre character (which was the last non-Exalted character I played) was highly caring and functional, and my last Mage char was the kind girl in a group of harsher people. But whenever I play Exalted, my characters just end being jerks

I also always have to find an excuse to have Lore 3+. I don´t know, there is something simply cathartic about being able to Establish Facts, even if you never do it. Just knowing you have the possibility...

I like to use athletic women, who fight (if they are fighters) with a close combat style, either unarmed or with weapons. The exception is my sorceress, who is pretty plump.

Most of my characters are well dressed unless their background doesn´t allow for it (the Solar Brawler was a poor urchin, and she only had her travelling clothes, and a simple plain dress, who an old man gifted to her and she took a great care of it)

I never play men*, but this have an easy explanation: I´m a transwoman, and had to pretend I was a man for more than twenty years. I won´t do it again. If the campaign setup only allow men (like the Warhammer campaigns ran by my old GM´d) I will play one to not be left out, but I´m pretty uncomfortable doing it..

*My Lunar is an "exception". She is currently in the male body she has stolen, mostly because he is a minor noble with a comfortable life she can use for her nefarious plans. I spend a big percentage of play time in male forms, but I don´t see it as playing a men, but a woman wearing a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by Chausse View Post
                  I don't play enough (usually I'm a ST), but most of my characters have a "monk"-style to them.
                  You can still express personal preferences as a Storyteller, I know I do.

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Comment

Tiny Child
                    Usually super strong
                    Tanky.
                    Usually a freedom fighter of some sort if celestial,
                    Immaculate monk if terrestrial
                    Almost always a nice good person. (Good isn't boring!)
                    exceptions occur of course.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hug Ninja View Post
                      You can still express personal preferences as a Storyteller, I know I do.
                      Then, as a ST I guess these are quite recurrent :

- My NPCs that hold power are usually female, very strict and accept compromise only if it goes their way (Thanks mum and grandma ...)
                      - I have no bad guys. All my guys are bad because something bad happened to them. I have the utmost difficulty to depict guys that are bad because they are.
                      - I always give too much to my players to care for, for every problem they solve, twice more appear, and then complain that they don't have enough time to take an ellipse. I really need to slow down.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Thinking a bit on this but I have certain trends I think.

-Social sorts in some fashion
                        -Nobility in some way
                        -Lean towards good guy hero sorts
                        -Educated
                        -At least appearance 3, I like to be pretty

https://www.youtube.com/BogMod I play a lot of videogames.

Comment

ST and sometimes player.

*Named character after a flower
                          *Lunars tend to be women
                          *A preference to fancy clothes
                          *Massive Swol Bois
                          *Pure Bastard Smooth Talkers
                          *Slouch on throne
                          *Villains aren't really villainous
                          *(Lowkey making a lot of sense)
                          *Lots of Languages

..."But I've bought a big bat, I'm all ready you see. Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me"

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Let's see here...
                            • Criminal activity or association.
                            • Being okay with the status quo.
                            • Odd pets (god-blooded creatures, spirits, a snail).
                            • Occult dots.
                            • Unlikely friendships, often with abrasive or wicked people.
                            • Aesthetically, a touch of the sinister or monstrous (particularly in the anima).
                            • A limited colour palette.

Comment

Working...
                            X