Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lanic
    replied
    Someone on this forum suggested a houserule to let Linguistics cover art-as-social skill (possibly simply by letting Linguistics charm be bought with minima in Craft instead of the native skill, and applying them to, say, Craft: Scuplture).

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Originally posted by Chausse View Post
    Is it safe to say that without Charms characters cant engage with the social system solely by making a piece of art then ?
    I'd say that it's more safe to say that absent Charms, characters don't usually get to engage with the social system solely by making a piece of art. Naturally, though, in instances where the Storyteller feels it's reasonable, some interaction with the social rules occur.

Leave a comment:

• Chausse
    replied
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm looking for. Is it safe to say that without Charms characters cant engage with the social system solely by making a piece of art then ?

Leave a comment:

• JohnDoe244
    replied
    Lunar Charms work off Attributes.

But there's a Dragon-Blooded Craft Charm that might interest you on page 188 of WFHW:

Passion-Inflaming Artistry
    Mins: Craft 4, Essence 2

The Dragon-Blood’s labors are suffused with the pas-
    sionate Essence of fire. She undertakes a basic or major project to craft a painting, sculpture, meal, or similar art object that’s primarily aesthetic or ornamental in function. Major projects benefit from (Essence) non-Charm dice. She chooses an emotion to be conveyed through her craftsmanship, and treats the Craft roll used to complete the project as an inspire roll (Exalted, p. 217) to spread that emotion to any character who engages with the object if his Resolve is beaten by her successes — a painting of a historic battle could inspire courage in those who gaze upon it, while a bowl of noodles flavored with sorrow could bring tears to the eyes of anyone who eats it. This effect lasts (Essence + Charisma) days from the project’s completion, after which its supernatural potency fades.

Leave a comment:

• Slulura
    replied
    Oh that's cool I need to look this up. With which ability does it work ?
    Craft or Linguistics
    Last edited by Slulura; 02-07-2020, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chausse
    replied
    Oh that's cool I need to look this up. With which ability does it work ?

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    "First time someone sees this thing they must resist a roll of X or be inspired by these Y feelings"
    That's a Lunar charm called God-Beast Idolatry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X