Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charms for Ramethus/Chungira Primordial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark View Post
    One book explicitly states that Merela's legend was hyped up when she became queen. Maybe she killed it with her hands... but who is to say she fought it on her own?
    It's not a contradiction but a radical difference in tone when it comes to the portrayal of the Primordial War.

Prior to DotFA the number of Solar Exalted living from the start of the Primordial War to the end of it would've been seen as pretty ridiculous, Primordials were seen as the reason why Solars needed compehensive shaping defences, perfect defences to stop the sky itself from falling on them, immunity to poison when the makers of the world turned the air itself against them.
    The story of Dao Dominion (which the book doesn't portray as exageration or propaganda) is more in-keeping with that Primordial War rather than the picture MoEP: Infernals.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
    Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Chausse View Post

Yeah but apparently this is from 2e (ffrom what I understood) and apparently 2e was a bit wild (from what I understood) so I thought it was a 2e scénario spin off for those who wanted to crush some Primordials
      It kind of was a story hook by way of example. Ramethus was one of two Primordials that fled after the war. While Ramethus was defeated early in the First Age, the other was still at large late into the High First Age. The Aftershock War wasn't just history, but also served as an example of what sort of damage a returning Primordial geared for war could do and how it might go about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Reminiscent Oasis View Post
        It kind of was a story hook by way of example. Ramethus was one of two Primordials that fled after the war. While Ramethus was defeated early in the First Age, the other was still at large late into the High First Age. The Aftershock War wasn't just history, but also served as an example of what sort of damage a returning Primordial geared for war could do and how it might go about it.
        Ok yeah if there were 2 I guess this makes sense to see this as inspiration.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Originally posted by Chausse View Post

Ok yeah if there were 2 I guess this makes sense to see this as inspiration.

I think that word of god was that (although this is not exactly canon) the second primordial exists so he can be killed at the end of the first age. Giving the insane solars one great last moment of shine. As well as making the soon to be betrayal more tragic.
          And possible. You don't take the solars out if there is a primordial lurking around

Comment

Originally posted by mark View Post
            I think that word of god was that (although this is not exactly canon) the second primordial exists so he can be killed at the end of the first age. Giving the insane solars one great last moment of shine. As well as making the soon to be betrayal more tragic.
            And possible. You don't take the solars out if there is a primordial lurking around
            Yeah, it's primarily there for DotFA-game fodder. Something for your high-Essence solars to fight that's not each other.

Though, it should be noted that even if they killed that Primordial, there are still 2-3 other Primordials outside of Malfeas: Gaia, Authochton, and probably Cemunian. If Team Usurpation is concerned about any wayward Primordials, especially post-Aftershock War, they would likely still be concerned about what Autochthon might be up to in his self-imposed exile. For all they know, he could be reforging himself into the Blade that Sunders Heave and Earth and manufacturing an endless army of exmachinas.

They're probably less concerned about Grandmother Gaia, thanks to (somewhat metaphoric) family ties. And only the most well-studied scholar of Primordial esoterica will have even heard of Cemunian. Cemunian wasn't the other missing Primordial, so unless he sided with his siblings in the war and became a Neverborn or Yozi, he's still out there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Reminiscent Oasis View Post
              Yeah, it's primarily there for DotFA-game fodder. Something for your high-Essence solars to fight that's not each other.

Though, it should be noted that even if they killed that Primordial, there are still 2-3 other Primordials outside of Malfeas: Gaia, Authochton, and probably Cemunian. If Team Usurpation is concerned about any wayward Primordials, especially post-Aftershock War, they would likely still be concerned about what Autochthon might be up to in his self-imposed exile. For all they know, he could be reforging himself into the Blade that Sunders Heave and Earth and manufacturing an endless army of exmachinas.

They're probably less concerned about Grandmother Gaia, thanks to (somewhat metaphoric) family ties. And only the most well-studied scholar of Primordial esoterica will have even heard of Cemunian. Cemunian wasn't the other missing Primordial, so unless he sided with his siblings in the war and became a Neverborn or Yozi, he's still out there too.

And there are explicitly supposed to be some primordials who never took part in the war. Unlike some other weird Exalted things, this fact is referenced in several books.

If i had to guess the usurpation mindset it went like this:
              We know the last primordial loyalist will attack at SOME point, so we can't do the usurpation or it will be the perfect opportunity for him.
              We know that it's very likely that the solars will go completely insane.
              We know that some non-loyalist primordials exist who were away from creation even in the time of glory. Therefore the possibility of them attacking creation, even if it's ripe for the taking is probably small. We also know that Autochthon is probably a little bitty angry

It's not that they did not worry about rogue primordials, but they are mostly an unknown variable. They probably figured that the solars were simply a more likely threat than any rogue primordials.

Not to mention that not every primordial should have the capability to turn himself into the perfect guerilla fighter capable of taking on everyone by himself

Comment

Working...
              X