• Infernal
    • Liminal
    • Getimian
    • Exigent
    • Dragonblooded
    • Raksha
    • Godblooded
    • Nocturnal
    Last edited by FMA245; 02-09-2020, 09:59 PM.

So I just played Hades (the game from SuperGiant) and I believe there is a room for Exalted inspiration here, but I wouldn't be sure exactly which one. Solar would be the most generic I guess ?

Or exigent, that can adapt his powers to those granted by his divine family.
    Last edited by Chausse; 02-11-2020, 04:46 AM.

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Solar: Midoriya/Deku (My Hero Academia)
      Lunar: Viral (TTGL)
      Sidereal: Tenzin (The Legend of Korra)
      Alchemical: B&B corps (MGS4)
      Abyssal: The Sorrow (MGS3)
      Infernal: Vergil (DMC3)
      Liminal: ABBA (Guilty Gear)
      Getimian: ????

Join the Strife

Comment

Abyssal/Liminal: Dark Souls

Comment

Originally posted by Chausse View Post
          So I just played Hades (the game from SuperGiant) and I believe there is a room for Exalted inspiration here, but I wouldn't be sure exactly which one. Solar would be the most generic I guess ?

Or exigent, that can adapt his powers to those granted by his divine family.
          I think Zagreus could be an Abyssal Exalt trying to escape the portion of the Underworld ruled by the Death Lord who acts like his father.

Formerly Inugami, formerly Tornado Wolf.

My RWBY Blog on Tumblr: Semblances, Kingdoms, Grimm, and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
            I think Zagreus could be an Abyssal Exalt trying to escape the portion of the Underworld ruled by the Death Lord who acts like his father.
            Yeah I thought of Abyssal as well but I thought he was too positive a hero to be an Abyssal, but I don't know them very much for me they are all very edgy (well I guess Zagreus is kinda edgy as well, actually ...)

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

FMA245 what's a Nocturnal?

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                They're a fan-splat based around a "What If?" scenario in the 2e Sidereal's book, in which the Maidens had a brother, Nox, god of the night sky, trapped in the Loom of Fate.

Comment

TheCountAlucard Thanks .

What exactly are the Games of Divinity? Like a giant RPG?

Comment

For Lunars, I'd recommend gods. There's loads of animal-themed gods; Anubis, Thoth, Sotek, Anansi, Enki, Coyote, Moccus, Cernunnos, Dagon, Matsya/Hamsa/Kurma/Varaha, etc, etc.

I play...
                    Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
                    Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

What exactly are the Games of Divinity? Like a giant RPG?
                      We don't know exactly, they're something the Primordials made to amuse themselves that only they seem able to handle and they're super addictive for everyone else which is a major reason why the Incarnae aren't seen much anymore.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                      Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Lioness thanks . That explains it.

Comment

TheCountAlucard covered the initial spark of creation for them. I wrote up the fan-splat for them. They're Attribute-based counterparts to the Sidereals, with themes around possibilities, chance, and choice - balancing the Sidereals' fate, destiny, and determinism. In their 2e backstory, after their patron was punished for attempting to betray the plot against the Primordials, the Nocturnal Exaltations were locked away. I'd probably change that if I were to do a 3e version.

Some pop culture characters I used as inspiration for them:

Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
                          The Doctor, Doctor Who
                          Tyler Durden and The Narrator, Fight Club
                          Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins

Comment

There is an enemy type in the last area of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice whose method of sword fighting I find evocative of Lunar Dexterity Charms. I would recommend against watching the video if one wishes to avoid spoilers for the game.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
                            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Reminiscent Oasis View Post
                              TheCountAlucard covered the initial spark of creation for them. I wrote up the fan-splat for them. They're Attribute-based counterparts to the Sidereals, with themes around possibilities, chance, and choice - balancing the Sidereals' fate, destiny, and determinism. In their 2e backstory, after their patron was punished for attempting to betray the plot against the Primordials, the Nocturnal Exaltations were locked away. I'd probably change that if I were to do a 3e version.

Some pop culture characters I used as inspiration for them:

Elizabeth, Bioshock Infinite
                              The Doctor, Doctor Who
                              Tyler Durden and The Narrator, Fight Club
                              Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins
                              If you're going to do a 3e version watch Mr Robot since both the protagonist and main antagonist are good candidates.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                              Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Working...
                              X