Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the character of Lilith from Exalted 2e appear in Fangs at the Gate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Penelope
    replied
    Thanks. Is Fangs at the Gate coming out this year?

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    First Edition Lilith was somebody who had a chapter fiction in the core book suggesting that there was something troubling in the past with her Solar without elaborating on what, before the Lunars book described her as having faced the risk of going chimera after the Usurpation, which was traumatic enough for her to have spent centuries living as an owl (although closer to the Time of Tumult she'd been living in solitude in the manner typical of Lunar elders). Her return was predicated on a curiosity about what her husband's reincarnation might be like, and an open question about how she might react.

Since you said you want to reserve judgment until you read Fangs at the Gate for yourself, I won't go into detail about that write-up or my impression of it.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Sunder the Gold no. I wasn’t.

Blaque thanks. That sounds a lot better than the version I read.

Leave a comment:

• Blaque
    replied
    A big thing on the abuse angle in 2e is that it was kind of a bit on the nose, hyperbolic and done mostly for shock value to make Desus that much more shitty a person at the expense of Lilith herself as an independent acting character. It was the use of an abuse story for basically cheap hate, rather than I think anything about actually trying to go on the nuances of things. Especially since it was built on basically trying to show how shitty a setting element that didn't have to be made that way was, and also again, to kind of just make the Solar bad.

In 3e, the relationship with her and her bonded Solar is more ambiguous. It obvioulsy didn't go well with how the split went, but I think having it be less a vehicle to just make the Solar bad at her expense and also more a way to make her conflicted in the current Age about the return of the Solars makes her at least more itneresting in her own right rather than Desus' plot device.

She's also Casteless as a note, which in itself kind of says a lot of her relation to other Exalted as a whole thsi time around.

Leave a comment:

• Sunder the Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    If she does, is her story the same or different than it was in 2e?
    Question unclear. Are you aware that Lillith was in the game as far back as First Edition?

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Lioness Awesome . I didn't like her in the 2e version either. Thanks for answering.

Leave a comment:

• Lioness
    replied
    We've finally gotten a version of Lilith that I'm neutral towards. Which sounds like death by faint praise but I really didn't like Lilith so baby steps.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Isator Levi I'm not an expert in Exalted by any means, but from what I read of her in Dreams of the First Age I totally agree with you.

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    I’m not sure how I feel about them dropping the abuse angle
    I'd be interested to know more about this. For my part, I feel as though there is valid space in the game to explore power dynamics through the subject of interpersonal abuse and that largely extricating it is not without its issues. But Second Edition Lilith in particular I feel was not executed well, and there's a lot of deeply rooted bad blood in that portrayal of the character specifically and the Solar Bond in general.

Leave a comment:

• Penelope
    replied
    Thanks 😊. I’m not sure how I feel about them dropping the abuse angle, but I’ll wait to reserve judgment till I read Fangs at the Gate.

Leave a comment:

• Apromor
    replied
    She is in the book. Her solar bond has a different name and was not described as having been abusive in the first age. But otherwise the story is very similar, at least to what I remember of her from first edition. I didn't read too much of second edition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X