Bright-Forging Prana recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bright-Forging Prana recommendations

My friend's character has I think Int 5, Craft 5, Flawless Handiwork Method and Bright-Forging Prana. He asked me what charms to use for Bright-Forging Prana.

My advice was: For a level 2 or 3 Artefact:
    Supreme Masterwork Focus x2 (1 gold point, 1wp, get double 8s)
    Experiential Conjuring of the Void (spend 4m and 4 gold points for a non-charm success and 10 more non-charm dice),
    First Movement of the Demiurge (for each set of 3x7, 3x8, 3x9 or 3x10, turn a failed dice into a 10. That's 2 more successes of course, but also an extra dice to roll.)

For a level 4 or 5 Artefact, I'd go for:

Supreme Masterwork Focus x2 (1 gold point, 1wp, get double 8s)
    Experiential Conjuring of the Void (spend 4m and 4 gold points for a non-charm success and 10 more non-charm dice),
    Unbroken Image Focus (after rolling, you can buy 5+X non-charm successes in non-charm successes, at 1gp each, where X is 1 for each 7/8/9 you roll and 2 for each 10)

Do you forumites agree?

I play...
    Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
    Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

This character is Essence 4 since you’re listing four Charms at once to get? In that case the Supreme Masterwork Focus x2 + Experimental Conjuring of True Void is already enough to make an Artifact 5 in five rolls. Matter of fact SMF x1 + ECoTV would be enough to make an Artifact 5 in six rolls which leaves two BFP Charms left to spend on CNNT and Thousand-Forge Hands if they don’t already have TFH.
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 02-11-2020, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Crap, you're right, he's Essence 5, he gets 1 more than that.

He does have Thousand-Forge Hands, he just doesn't have other Power charms.

What's the most Craft-point-efficient set of 5 charms (+Flawless Handiwork Method) to make artefacts in 5 rolls or under? (Just in case he rolls badly and needs the 6th roll)

I play...
      Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Pretty sure SMFx2 and Divine Inspiration Technique (and prereqs).

Comment

The 6 Charms you need to get infinity successes on any project up to and including N/A are the following (all obtainable at E2) :
          1. Flawless Handiwork Method
          2. Bright Forging Prana
          3. Supreme Masterwork Focus
          4. Supreme Masterwork Focus 2
          5. Experimental Conjuring of the Void
          6. First Movement of Demiurge
          • Free Charm 1: Divine Inspiration Technique
          • Free Charm 2: Supreme Masterwork Focus repurchase 3
          • Free Charm 3: Flawless Handiwork Method Repurchase

If you only have the first 2, then just use Bright Forging Prana to get whatever you're missing in order (so 3 4 5 6 then the Free Charms 1 2 3).

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
            Matter of fact SMF x1
            Doesn't that not work on Superior projects?

I play...

Comment

You know, I didn't even think of taking CNNT and Thousand-Forge Hands. My friend's character actually has them anyway.

Which makes me realise at E5 you could play a guy who can craft ordinary stuff, just take Craftsman Needs No Tools (for your normal really fast crafting), Flawless Handiwork Methodology, and Bright-Forging Prana, and 1/story you can make an artefact of basically any level with a very minimal investment. You just need Craft (Artefact) 5 as well as your normal Craft ability. That's... very interesting. Not for this character, but it is interesting generally.
              Last edited by The Wizard of Oz; 02-11-2020, 02:33 PM.

I play...

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                infinity successes
                *75 successes per roll if my math is correct, but the difference is mostly academic at that point.

EDIT: That’s at E5, at E2 it’s 65-66.

Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
                Doesn't that not work on Superior projects?
                ...Correct.
                Last edited by Sith_Happens; 02-11-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X