Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do young Dynasts TRY to Exalt into Dragon Blooded?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible implications for most aspects there. Burn yourself, if you are chosen of Fire you will exalt and be unburned. Stay under water as long as you can, either drown or become exalted of water. Consume this horrible poison plant and exalt wood to save yourself. Or just jump off this building and Mela will catch you if you're worthy.

Made all the worse by that being exactly how it works at least some of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
      Horrible implications for most aspects there. Burn yourself, if you are chosen of Fire you will exalt and be unburned. Stay under water as long as you can, either drown or become exalted of water. Consume this horrible poison plant and exalt wood to save yourself. Or just jump off this building and Mela will catch you if you're worthy.

Made all the worse by that being exactly how it works at least some of the time.
      And because, well, sometimes the alternative (failure to exalt) is just worse than death.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

And because, well, sometimes the alternative (failure to exalt) is just worse than death.
        Yeah, true enough. Somebody at my sister's university set themselves on fire because they couldn't take the pressure anymore, and I'm pretty sure he didn't even consider exaltation an option. Mental health is important guys.

He lived, just for the record, thanks to the quick action of a other resident and two police officers.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Yeah, true enough. Somebody at my sister's university set themselves on fire because they couldn't take the pressure anymore, and I'm pretty sure he didn't even consider exaltation an option. Mental health is important guys.

He lived, just for the record, thanks to the quick action of a other resident and two police officers.
          Yep. Especially when the prize (or so you think) is demigodhood.

Imagine being set in a culture where superheroes/ demigods were real. Several of your relatives are one. You were told that you might become one, if the Dragons judged you good enough. You worship them, since you were born. You've heard stories about them. Your very religion praises them as the pinnacle of humanity. You wish to be them.

What to do, when you realize that your dream of demigod-hood might turn out to not be true? What happens when you realise that your childhood dreams will never be true, that you might simply be left as a mortal, shuffled off as an embarassment to family, left to die in less than a hundred years, never making anything of yourself, stuck doing mundane work while your brothers and sisters live the high life, fight behemoths and Fair Folk, and basically living out the life of legends?

Death might seem to be preferable to failure.

Comment

Working...
          X