Heirs To The Shogunate Backers Preview just dropped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heirs To The Shogunate Backers Preview just dropped

For those of us out there who have puzzled over some of the more troublesome aspect v abilities match-ups (looking at you air melee-ist), at a very quick glance, all I can say is... squee.
    Last edited by Moss Reynholm; 04-02-2020, 11:27 AM.

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    And some of those peripheral states are only tributaries, not direct parts of the Empire, because they're too awkward to conquer.

Leave a comment:

• Blaque
    replied
    I also kind of wonder how firm the hold on some of those peripheries are. The implication I got is they're kind fo expanding at an unsustainable rate, and it won't be long befor things mights tart fraying. Especially fi they have their own succession crisis.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    I was quite surprised that Prasad's army extends to the other side of the Summer Mountains, but actually I guess it makes sense, as they want to control the Jade Road to Varang as much as possible, to guard their tribute shipments.
    It's a loooong way to get all that tempting money to the Realm.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    My guess is Prasad's borders maybe look something like this, though I'd have to check what it said about Y'danna again to be more sure.

Leave a comment:

• Epee102
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post
    Yeah, that part surprised me.

I think it was mentioned that Across the Eight Directions would have regional maps with more detail, so probably that'll make it clearer. Even if there's no borders (pre-modern borders are often a bit misleading. Hey, modern borders can be misleading at times), you'll probably be able to see lots of places that you know are in or not in Prasad.

Champoor isn't part of Prasad, is it? They're planning to try conquering it, but haven't yet?
    Correct, Champoor and Y'danna are both free of Prasad

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by Greyman View Post
    The Realm states that the empire stretches from deserts west of the Summer Mountains
    Yeah, that part surprised me.

I think it was mentioned that Across the Eight Directions would have regional maps with more detail, so probably that'll make it clearer. Even if there's no borders (pre-modern borders are often a bit misleading. Hey, modern borders can be misleading at times), you'll probably be able to see lots of places that you know are in or not in Prasad.

Champoor isn't part of Prasad, is it? They're planning to try conquering it, but haven't yet?

Leave a comment:

• Greyman
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicias View Post
    Has it ever been clearly defined in what main direction Prasad extends? I've never been quite sure whether it runs north, northeast, or east from Kamthahar.
    The Realm states that the empire stretches from deserts west of the Summer Mountains to the Dreaming Sea's tip, with expanding borders. However, Heirs notes that expansion of the South East borders have been blocked for decades by the Tiger's Nest Coalition, so their recent focus has been on building up naval power.

The maps don't show borders, but the Jade Road is indicated which runs south-west to north-east through Kamthahar.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Reviewing Lookshy lore.... the city proper should really be further inland on the river if it doesn’t have a protective bay. I get that it’s a military city meant to defend the river’s mouth, but WOW are it’s docks going to be dangerously exposed. You’d think they’d keep forts on either bank of the mouth, and the docks and city proper would be defensible upstream.

Leave a comment:

• Mizu
    replied
    With everything that is going on I only just now managed to get to reading part of this. I am incredibly happy they devoted an outcast concept to kicking that Compass of Celestial Direction: Yu-Shan side panel on how 'all gods without exception instinctively loathe and disrespect DBs in the same way we humans instinctively know up from down and considers them lower then humans because at least humans might one day become a real exalt' in the trash where it belongs.
    Last edited by Mizu; 05-05-2020, 02:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    I assume that Kamthahar is kind of in the middle of Prasad, as capitals often are (but certainly not always).
    I do know they've only recently reached the coast of the Dreaming Sea, so it certainly does extend east to the sea, but I guess not south-east along the coastline.

Leave a comment:

• Nicias
    replied
    Has it ever been clearly defined in what main direction Prasad extends? I've never been quite sure whether it runs north, northeast, or east from Kamthahar.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Ah, that makes more sense.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by The Wizard of Oz View Post

Um... Halta and Linowan border each other? It's just that Halta was ludicrously big.

I'm sure there are examples, but I don't think that's a good one.
    I didn’t say they didn’t border each other, I was speaking of the distance between their capitals meaning they’d have to both be vast empires, and the actual bordering cultural groups wouldn’t be the Linnowans and Haltans themselves if we were looking at it realistically.

This isn’t a problem with Prasad and Ysyr because they actually are supposed to be imperial powers having a territorial control conflict, and not two bordering culture groups.
    Last edited by glamourweaver; 05-02-2020, 03:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• The Wizard of Oz
    replied
    Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

Worth stressing here that there isn’t any chance of Prasad conquering Ysyr here, or Ysyr taking Kamthahar. Think of it more as Rome v Parthia, where the outer limits of the respective empires clashed, and in this case they share a sea.

Previous editions presentation of Halta v Linnowans never made sense because it was an all encompassing existential war between cultures that defined themselves at odds with each other - which is nonsense given their distance. But two empires having a purely strategic control of a given sea based conflict can make sense at those distances.
    Um... Halta and Linowan border each other? It's just that Halta was ludicrously big.

I'm sure there are examples, but I don't think that's a good one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X