• FMA245
    started a topic Best Fight scenes for Inspiration

Best Fight scenes for Inspiration

What is your go-to fight scenes for inspiration

Provide links

• Accelerator
    replied
    Originally posted by satoshi View Post
    Nearly any fight scene from RWBY feels very, very exalted.
    Behold a battle between a Secrets and a Fire aspect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwvJynIrTqU

Leave a comment:

• satoshi
    replied
    Nearly any fight scene from RWBY feels very, very exalted.

Leave a comment:

• vampire hunter D
    replied
    end the thread, this one is all we need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOn3LGvCTw

Leave a comment:

• Argonot
    replied
    OMG: DEAD FANTASY! DEAD FANTASY A MILLION TIMES!!!! (thanks for bringing me there again!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IU5V_NiqRk&t=1966s

Leave a comment:

• Accelerator
    replied
    Tai lung vs Master Shifu. Always a classic.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tq_v0lbLpc

Leave a comment:

• Isator Levi
    replied
    Originally posted by el pinko grande View Post

If you can get over the fact that it's puppets

You got a problem with puppets?

Any of you persons ever seen Ne Zha?

(This fight takes place during the film's climax, so be wary of some spoiling)

Leave a comment:

• vampire hunter D
    replied
    how about the action scenes from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children?

Leave a comment:

• Kyman201
    replied
    I'm partial to when Nox throws down with Grougaloragran in Wakfu. This first fight is a great example of a Sidereal (or maybe Getimian?) versus a well-specced Dragon Blood.

Leave a comment:

• vampire hunter D
    replied
    Asoka vs Maul from the recent episodes of Clone Wars

Leave a comment:

• Sorcerous Overlord
    replied
    Trevor and Sypha fighting demons in Castlevania season 3. It's got almost everything Exalted: A chosen hero using a blessed Artifact that deals aggravated damage to Creatures of Darkness. A scholar blending control of the elements with kung fu. A Sorcerer interrupting a demonic ritual in a Demesne. A blood sacrifice to summon a Deathlord from the Underworld. Great stunts, great fights.

Season 2 has three heroes taking on a Deathlord. Alucard, Trevor, and Sypha are basically an Abyssal, a Heroic Mortal, and a Dragonblood. Alucard is simply more powerful than Trevor and is much faster, but Trevor has an Artifact and a ton of tricks from countless battles. Sypha has elements magic and martial arts.

Cho demonstrates how terrifying it is to battle a master of an Exalted Martial Art, and in this case its also a flawless representation of Pearl Courtesan!

The Morningstar Flail (Trevor's Whip) and Sword Familiar (Alucard's Sword) are both amazing examples of artifacts that going in completely different directions. The Whip deals aggravated damage to Creatures of Darkness and extra to vampires, and it makes them explode, while the Sword can defend or attack on its own. Watch them attack a battlegroup (a Might 2, Elite Drill, Size 2 group at that). Dracula serves as a perfect Deathlord- he has mastered dark science, powerful sorcery, and has enough Brawl, Resistance, and Presence that its insane to even think about opposing him. His Castle is a Manse that can teleport.

The whole series is amazing. Isaac and Hector (poor puppy) are excellent looks at Demon Summoners working for powerful dynasties. Dracula and the Vampire Nobles are prime Deathlord/Abyssal relations and politics. Saint-Germain is a great look at how a Mortal Sorcerer might fare in a world defined by badassery. Isaac and FlysEyes discussion on the nature of sin is a legitimately bone-chilling social combat scene (I was a scholar, in a place called Athens....)

I strongly recommend giving it a watch if you haven't.

Leave a comment:

• Minty
    replied
    I came here to post #3. Someone posted a webm of it with the filename "ExaltedCombat.webm" and that was what made me interested in Exalted in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Wasn't sure where else to put this, it didn't seem like it warranted it's own thread, but for some reason I feel the need to play a Prasadi True Way Air Immaculate.

Leave a comment:

• el pinko grande
    replied
    Twin Star Exorcists - Benio is totally a Sidereal.

The various Fate anime have a lot of excellent Exalted-esque fights, this being my favorite.

Lots of good fights in Hero, particularly the Donnie Yen/Jet Li fight.

And since I'm sure a Zhang Yimou stan, here's one from House of Flying Daggers, as well.

If you can get over the fact that it's puppets, there are some great fights in Thunderbolt Fantasy.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Moss Reynholm View Post
    Already posted an Avatar clip, apologies, but this 'un feels appropriate too. Avatar's generally your go to for DBs, but this puts me in mind of a Solar desperately trying not to flare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlJf8sSqoI8
    1. I want whatever steel those swords are made of that they can deflect 60kg rocks.
    2. I didn't know firebending could be used with twinblades. Awesome.
    3. In spite of the fact that Zuko is a twinblade fire martial artist there, that ending where he beats the bad guys, and then the people he was protecting say that hate him and kick him out in his straw hat to ride into the sunset is painfully Solar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X