Manual of Exalted Power Eternals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual of Exalted Power Eternals

Today i finally released what has been a 2 year project of a new exalt type for exalted 2.5. Below is a link to the book and I am happy to answer any and all questions on the product.

https://www.storytellersvault.com/pr...?view_as_pub=1

Could you give a little summary of the concept and what makes them distinct from other Exalted? I’m definitely interested, but given the price I’d like to know a bit more before I spend.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
      Could you give a little summary of the concept and what makes them distinct from other Exalted? I’m definitely interested, but given the price I’d like to know a bit more before I spend.
      spotted this in the "full size preview" for the book :

The Eternal Exalted rely upon the spiritual refinement of the four Virtues to power their Charms, making their magic truly unique among the Exalted. They gain power from sacrifice and emotion, and are most mighty when abiding by the tenets of Virtue and their own Motivations. [...] As the Exalts of Soul, the Eternals possess the unique ability to blend the essence of their being with those of other heroes, sharing their ideals, abilities, and even Charms.

Comment

Happily, they are virtue based exalts lost to history during the primordial war and reawakened and freed due to the events of the age of sorrows. They thrive on the interconnection between people and once acted as the mediators of the chosen host, assuring their mental and spiritual health and safety. They excel at turning enemies into friends and introduce a lot of new ways to interact with demons, fair folk, elementals, and ghosts, in some cases changing these entities natures such that they offer whole new play experiences in and of themselves. Their combat style is offensive burster with strong passive defenses but their combat capacity and strategy is highly dependent on the alignment of their virtues, motivation, and intimacies, if their soul aligns with their actions then they can be an unstoppable force of nature but pushed against their own convictions and they can be shattered. They encourage players to engage with the the people around them as the bonds with others empowers them and having friends is their greatest strength. Also has expanded fair folk and ghost creation rules.

Comment

Originally posted by korekore View Post
          Happily, they are virtue based exalts lost to history during the primordial war and reawakened and freed due to the events of the age of sorrows. They thrive on the interconnection between people and once acted as the mediators of the chosen host, assuring their mental and spiritual health and safety. They excel at turning enemies into friends and introduce a lot of new ways to interact with demons, fair folk, elementals, and ghosts, in some cases changing these entities natures such that they offer whole new play experiences in and of themselves. Their combat style is offensive burster with strong passive defenses but their combat capacity and strategy is highly dependent on the alignment of their virtues, motivation, and intimacies, if their soul aligns with their actions then they can be an unstoppable force of nature but pushed against their own convictions and they can be shattered. They encourage players to engage with the the people around them as the bonds with others empowers them and having friends is their greatest strength. Also has expanded fair folk and ghost creation rules.
          Interesting idea about Mediators of the Exalted Host! I knew someone would do Virtue based Exalts for Vault eventually, as that was the most common suggestion in fanmade circles.

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Sounds fascinating. Are they the original Soulsteel wielding Exalted that the Sentinel Alchemicals were blueprints for?

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Sounds fascinating. Are they the original Soulsteel wielding Exalted that the Sentinel Alchemicals were blueprints for?
              Yes , they get a lot of notes on how they interact with Alchemcials, such as the effects of their resonance with the Soulsteel Sentinals, We also include a new caste of Alchemical.

Comment

Originally posted by Eldagusto View Post

Interesting idea about Mediators of the Exalted Host! I knew someone would do Virtue based Exalts for Vault eventually, as that was the most common suggestion in fanmade circles.
                The hard part with virtue based exalts is to balance favoring so much of their charmset, we resolved it by dividing their charmset into "Ways" each of which uses 2 virtues each so you can only favor fully 3 ways at most.

Comment

I'm Kore's cowriter, so I wanted to step in here as well to field a few questions for interested buyers. One thing that hasn't come up yet: this book gives you rules for making TWO kinds of Celestial Exalts, not just one. The first are the chosen of Kore, goddess of the dead, who attune naturally to Soulsteel and can rob others of their powers. The second are the chosen of Wotan, original god of humanity and of life, who naturally attune to Electrum, which is a type of amber distilled from lower souls, and can give their powers to others. They are BOTH Eternal Exalts, as their Incarna were twins, and can with effort learn the Charms of both "Polarities," as we call them.

Comment

This sounds interesting. I was never a big fan of the four Virtues in general, but a lot of the concepts based on them turned out pretty cool (I always liked the Four Arguments of Virtue). I'll check this out.

Comment

So here's my initial assessment: this is a good product. The writing is fun and interesting and feels very Exalted. I haven't gotten through all of the Charms and Truths yet, and I'm not the best qualified to assess them for game balance anyway, but nothing I've seen yet looks unreasonable and the writers clearly have a solid grasp of Exalted mechanics.

The Eternals' version of the Great Curse makes me twitchy, because it seems pretty harsh overall, but I've never been a fan of Great Curse mechanics in general so the problem is probably on my end. I am not sure how to feel about Eternals (and their patrons) having Virtues that go above 5 at high Essence (since it's sort of canon that even the Sun doesn't have Virtues above 5), but I don't think it breaks anything that wasn't already broken. (Essence 6+ was always a mess in 2.5, so I can't imagine this makes it any worse.)

Also, I am obnoxiously picky about spelling and grammar, and this book hasn't annoyed me even once.

Overall, this is weird, but it was definitely worth the price and I encourage others to check it out.

Comment

The virtues being able to rise beyond 5 existed with dragon kings for the same reason we gave it to the eternals, for virtue based powers they need to for E6+ effects. Thank you for the review .

Comment

I do have one question so far: Redemption of the Splintered Soul (p. 117) says: "This Charm has never been successfully used upon a demon of the second circle, and probably lacks the power to free entities so close to their creator’s truth."

Is there a missing word or phrase somewhere here? The context of the Charm makes it seem like it should work on second circle demons (IIRC, first circle demons aren't really part of the soul hierarchy at all). By any chance, should the Charm potentially work on second- but not third-circle demons?

Comment

Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
                            I do have one question so far: Redemption of the Splintered Soul (p. 117) says: "This Charm has never been successfully used upon a demon of the second circle, and probably lacks the power to free entities so close to their creator’s truth."

Is there a missing word or phrase somewhere here? The context of the Charm makes it seem like it should work on second circle demons (IIRC, first circle demons aren't really part of the soul hierarchy at all). By any chance, should the Charm potentially work on second- but not third-circle demons?
                            The idea was that it will work on 2nd circles but you can't start with one.and we wanted to leave weather it would work on 3rd circles up to storyteller discretion.
                            Last edited by korekore; 05-05-2020, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by korekore View Post
                              The idea was that it will work on 2nd circles but you can't start with one.and we wanted to leave weather it would work on 3rd circles up to storyteller discretion.
                              Okay, that's about what I was thinking. It should probably say something like "...and probably lacks the power to free entities so close to their creator’s truth as demons of the third circle" in that case.

Also: "Mein of Innocence Evasion" (p. 146) should probably be "Mien." Still, I'm halfway through the book and that's the first spelling mistake I've seen, so that's a pretty damned good track record.

Comment

Working...
                              X