No announcement yet.

Manual of Exalted Power Eternals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the catches, I am sure we have a couple like that despite our combing of things that aren't communicating as we wanted. I will say something I am really enjoying about the storytellers vault process is the ability to do updates. We will be taking yours and others commentary and doing updates, when that happens everyone who bought a copy gets an email to redownload it. It is also how we will be adding art assets, as we get funds from the sale to commission them, to replace the free ones from the exalted art packs.

Comment

Originally posted by Jefepato View Post
      Also: "Mein of Innocence Evasion" (p. 146) should probably be "Mien." Still, I'm halfway through the book and that's the first spelling mistake I've seen, so that's a pretty damned good track record.
      Whoops, that's embarrassing! Yes it's a reference to faces, not noodles, I'll fix that now.

We did leave a few things in the book strictly up to ST discretion because we recognized that they could be pretty game breaking but might still be worth the chaos for some tables. Totally agree with you about Virtues, honestly. I had the same reaction when Kore pitched the idea, but it resulted in some really solid and unique mechanics for them. One of these days I'll still have to write my Virtue 2.0 hack where players can mix and match any four Virtues to flesh out their character, similar to the common rules hack Scion uses, but this book required a pretty rigorous and stable definition of what a "good guy" is, so we just included a lot of sidebars about how that archetype can be subverted without changing the actual rules.

Comment

Hello Everyone and thank you for your support. Today is the last day of the play it forward campaign and thanks to those who have pitched in we have been able to add many new art items and really make the Eternals come to life. We should be adding the cover art we were able to commission from your purchases soon and hope you are all enjoying our work. For those who want an easy reference for their charms or want to get a better feel for Eternals we have added a free download of their unique charm trees.
        https://www.storytellersvault.com/product/313878/Eternals-Way-Trees

Comment

Our cover is up
          Last edited by korekore; 05-21-2020, 10:46 PM. Reason: new cover font

Comment

Oh that is damn sweet. Very awesome picture there

Comment

I did not expect another 2nd Edition supplement!

Thank you, Korekore!

I have two questions:

1.) Would it be possible for me to get a "I bought/supported Exalted- Eternals" virtual pin to put in my signiture?

2.) How much would you suggest to donate for the
              Eternals Way Trees on drivethrurpg?

What is the next project you are working on?

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
                I did not expect another 2nd Edition supplement!

Thank you, Korekore!

I have two questions:

1.) Would it be possible for me to get a "I bought/supported Exalted- Eternals" virtual pin to put in my signiture?

2.) How much would you suggest to donate for the
                Eternals Way Trees on drivethrurpg?

What is the next project you are working on?
                Glad you like it
                1. I will see what we can do and get back to you on that.
                2. We put it up as a free supplement so people could look at it to reference for their charm purchases and some free advertising to encourage people to buy it. It doesn't have any new material beyond the main book but any money you put towards it will go towards our art budget.

Next up I am working on a compass of celestial direction to fully flesh out the city of the Yaksha mentioned in Eternals and my co-writer kindledRadial is doing a rewrite of the Sidereals book.

Comment

Originally posted by korekore View Post

Glad you like it
                  I am ecstatic.

That cover is gorgeous, BTW.

1. I will see what we can do and get back to you on that.
                  I want to show my support & make everyone aware I support you & your crew, 2nd Edition, & ST Vault. I am proud of this & I put my $$$ behind my mouth.

2. We put it up as a free supplement so people could look at it to reference for their charm purchases and some free advertising to encourage people to buy it. It doesn't have any new material beyond the main book but any money you put towards it will go towards our art budget.
                  Is this an art budget for future supplements?

Random Q: Can Drivethrurpg offer a "Print on Demand" option for ST Vault books? I love solid books & PDF's.

Next up I
                  am working on a compass of celestial direction to fully flesh out the city of the Yaksha mentioned in Eternals and my co-writer kindledRadial is doing a rewrite of the Sidereals book.
                  Nice. LOVE. IT.

Do you both have a website or similar sites?
                  Last edited by Daredevil; 06-16-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the flattery. The art budget is to add more custom assets both for Eternals and to likely reuse in future supplements. We don't have our own websites at the moment but we will see what the future holds. In the meanwhile I am happy to answer any questions you may have on the supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
                      What is the next project you are working on?[/SIZE]
                      So glad to see someone getting some real enjoyment out of our work!
                      For those who are curious our next big art asset goal is to pay the cover artist (Tijana Jankovic, to those who want to look up the rest of her amazing work) to color the Caste pictures I drew for the book. Currently they are just lineart, and I'm not being humble when I say that Tijana is five times the artist I am. We're about halfway to our goal for that, and as soon as we can afford it we'll be commissioning her to color those Eternals and make them look truly done. After that, we'll see, but at present 100% of our profits are being funneled into making this book better for those who have bought it or plan to buy it in the future.
                      Last edited by kindledRadial; 06-16-2020, 10:18 PM.

Comment

So, when is it coming for 3rd edition?

Comment

Originally posted by pcontop View Post
                          So, when is it coming for 3rd edition?
                          LOL, I am guessing you read our commentary that we will not be doing this in the page 5 sidebar. That said your are not the first to ask and, while the mechanics would need some major adjustments (hard to have a virtue based exalt with a system that lacks virtues) their fluff and themes slot in just fine to 3rd editions themes and more high magic/low tech feel. The intimacy tiers are also something which I wish 2nd edition had as they would be great at adjusting those tiers and would likely have made up the main push of their social set. So while we won't be writing it if anyone wants to try to adapt it for their table I am happy to advise.

Comment

(hard to have a virtue based exalt with a system that lacks virtues)
                            Totally legit point. My best guess would be that you could model something similar using the mechanics for Intimacies, specifically principles. Charms that require a given number of Virtue-based intimacies at a given intensity as prerequisites... which could open the door to Eternal exalts who have to be very deliberate managing their beliefs and values, because they could actually find themselves cut off from accessing powers they know because they no longer meet the prerequisites to use them (or, as such a condition is something we haven't seen in Third Edition's rule model as yet, you could bake the modality of that powerdown into the charms, so that an Eternal still has access to SOME of that power even if they don't maintain the practice of those 'virtues').

Comment

Using number of intimacies as minimums for charms might get a bit tricky. When/if 3E gets around to fair folk and dragon kings and I can see the direction for their charm minimums I should be able to work from there. That said the easiest would be to port virtues to 3E as a unique trait statistic to Eternals similar to colleges for sidereals and run things from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeine Delusions View Post
                                Totally legit point. My best guess would be that you could model something similar using the mechanics for Intimacies, specifically principles. Charms that require a given number of Virtue-based intimacies at a given intensity as prerequisites... which could open the door to Eternal exalts who have to be very deliberate managing their beliefs and values, because they could actually find themselves cut off from accessing powers they know because they no longer meet the prerequisites to use them (or, as such a condition is something we haven't seen in Third Edition's rule model as yet, you could bake the modality of that powerdown into the charms, so that an Eternal still has access to SOME of that power even if they don't maintain the practice of those 'virtues').
                                This is actually quite similar to what I had been thinking for a 3rd ed port, but it would be by no means a quick fix. As you mentioned, there will always be situations where none of your Intimacies apply to a given situation, whereas the Virtues are so broadly applicable that its legitimately hard to think of a situation where NONE of them apply. That said, I think 3rd ed could do with a quick and dirty term for the "point value" of sentimentality: you add up all the Intimacies that support the action (1st tiers are one point, second are 2, third are 3), subtract any Intimacies that oppose the action, and what you're left with is your "Emotional Investment Value" or some such. The whole point of Eternals was that they were passion-powered, so whereas 2nd ed models that with Virtues it would be interesting to use Intimacies in 3rd ed.

Comment

Working...
                                X