Ysyr Fan write ups?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ysyr Fan write ups?

Hi. I've read about every thread I can find on Ysyr, but have yet to find any big singular write ups on it. Is anyone aware of big write ups for it, say as a webpage or a Google doc?

While it's not a write up, this Exalted Choose Your Own Adventure is set in Ysyr. It's pretty good, so I recommend it.

Comment

My write up is woefully out of date, considering it's point of reference was Assyria, and Ys is more...Imperial France meets Melnebione meets Carthage.

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
      Many Limbed Manual
      Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
      San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
      My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zale View Post
        While it's not a write up, this Exalted Choose Your Own Adventure is set in Ysyr. It's pretty good, so I recommend it.

That sounds cool, I will take a look, thank you!

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post
        My write up is woefully out of date, considering it's point of reference was Assyria, and Ys is more...Imperial France meets Melnebione meets Carthage.
        I don't mind, do you have a link?

Comment

Just throwing in a bump here again over a year later, is anyone aware of fan made Ysyr fan write ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Epee102 View Post

I'm most curious indeed about what combination of setting elements in the books might have led you to that conclusion (as i'd definitely enjoy taking a look at them myself).

Originally posted by Tytalus View Post
            Just throwing in a bump here again over a year later, is anyone aware of fan made Ysyr fan write ups?
            Never explored them in my own games, so unfortunately nothing to add on them - for the moment, at least.

In fact rereading the corebook i just noticed i had mistakenly confused/mashed them up with bits from Palanquin AND Volivat. Duh.

Now i can definitely see some slight shades of Moorcock's Melnibone or Granbretan, with stronger ones of Fomoire or a post-apocalyptic enlightened/pure elite amidst mutated masses mixed in. Possibly also a twist on the saying about healthy minds & bodies, in that those native with more immaculate - and manicured - physiques possibly hide the greatest ambitions, vanity and hubris among them all.

There's also the mystery of the sorcerous engines beneath the city and its Essence emanations - what purpose did or do they still serve, what exactly is going wrong with them, is it stable or a ticking bomb edging ever closer to the end of its countdown and how much do the Ys people actually know of this defunct relic of older times they exhumed and turned into the heart of their nation? I can also see something of Las Vegas in it, a place where masses hunker hungrily around an enviroment less wholesome than admited by all, for the sake of the dream of scoring in that one big gamble that will rise them from poverty & physical to the greatest heights of success, prosperity and power.

Just my musings & ramblings of the moment. Time will tell what i can make or not out of it all.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 08-30-2021, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

I'm most curious indeed about what combination of setting elements in the books might have led you to that conclusion (as i'd definitely enjoy taking a look at them myself).

Never explored them in my own games, so unfortunately nothing to add on them - for the moment, at least.

In fact rereading the corebook i just noticed i had mistakenly confused/mashed them up with bits from Palanquin AND Volivat. Duh.

Now i can definitely see some slight shades of Moorcock's Melnibone or Granbretan, with stronger ones of Fomoire or a post-apocalyptic enlightened/pure elite amidst mutated masses mixed in. Possibly also a twist on the saying about healthy minds & bodies, in that those native with more immaculate - and manicured - physiques possibly hide the greatest ambitions, vanity and hubris among them all.

There's also the mystery of the sorcerous engines beneath the city and its Essence emanations - what purpose did or do they still serve, what exactly is going wrong with them, is it stable or a ticking bomb edging ever closer to the end of its countdown and how much do the Ys people actually know of this defunct relic of older times they exhumed and turned into the heart of their nation? I can also see something of Las Vegas in it, a place where masses hunker hungrily around an enviroment less wholesome than admited by all, for the sake of the dream of scoring in that one big gamble that will rise them from poverty & physical to the greatest heights of success, prosperity and power.

Just my musings & ramblings of the moment. Time will tell what i can make or not out of it all.

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...ysyr-in-detail
              here ya go

The Book of Laughing Serpents Series(Latest Here)
              Many Limbed Manual
              Patreon here: https://patreon.com/undeadauthorsociety
              San Jeanro Co-Op writer. Volume 1 here Volume 2 here Volume 3 here
              My folklore and horror blog, here:http://undeadauthorsociety.com

Comment

Working...
              X