Exigent KS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exigent KS?

bubbles? but serioiusly, I'm wanting to get my character into lore with a package in exigents, will this be an option via the next (hopefully soon) Kickstarter?

Originally posted by Liquid_speaker View Post
    bubbles? but serioiusly, I'm wanting to get my character into lore with a package in exigents, will this be an option via the next (hopefully soon) Kickstarter?
    We're hoping that there will be an Exigents Kickstarter in the near future, but that's up to Onyx Path. I expect there'll be a public announcement at some point one way or the other.

Developer for Exalted.

Want to write for Exalted? Look at the freelancer submission guidelines.

Comment

Eagerly waiting!

Comment

I see in this week's Monday meeting that Exigents is past the second draft and is in development. That means that it's already far enough along to do a kickstarter whenever Onyx path can fit it in doesn't it?

I want to play this as a starting character, I don't even care what game.

Comment

Onyx Path has a Kickstarter running at the moment (Legendlore, which is excellent) but I don't remember if they announced the next one.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I’ll definitely back an Exigents Kickstarter. I’m a little iffy about the concept because Exigents don’t really have a common theme the way other Exalted types do, but I’ve liked everything I’ve read for 3e so far so I’m willing to give it a chance.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

I also can’t wait for Fangs at the Gate to officially come out too.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Random question. What does the word Exigents mean in this context? I’ve only seen it used to mean emergency or urgent.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  Random question. What does the word Exigents mean in this context? I’ve only seen it used to mean emergency or urgent.
                  That’s what it means here. An Exigent Exalt is created in a time of great need, an emergency.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
                    Onyx Path has a Kickstarter running at the moment (Legendlore, which is excellent) but I don't remember if they announced the next one.
                    Nothing announced yet - it'll probably wait on Legendlore finishing - but they've got a number of projects they're doing KS art for (WoD: Ghost Hunters, They Came From Beyond the Grave!, TC: Adventure!, Scion: Demigod, Scion: Dragon, Scion: Masks of the Mythos).

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

marin awesome!! Thanks.

Comment

The the concept of the homebrew exalts is that most of them are made by the UCS handing out something called 'exigence' to gods he deems worthy when they request it of him that apparently makes it easier for a god to craft an exaltation. It still has great risks to the god in question (sometimes if they are weaker gods the process outright kills them) so most of them only make a request for them in an emergency, I guess that is why they picked something with that root word when naming this miracle. But just to be clear, it isn't the only way for supernatural beings to whip up an exaltation and I think it might have been said it isn't how the celestial exalted or terrestrial exalted were made.
                        Last edited by Mizu; 06-23-2020, 09:26 PM.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

I’ll definitely back an Exigents Kickstarter. I’m a little iffy about the concept because Exigents don’t really have a common theme the way other Exalted types do, but I’ve liked everything I’ve read for 3e so far so I’m willing to give it a chance.

The common theme is usually being a product of emergency and great need (or of godly intrigue and subterfuge, if the Exigence was stolen from other gods to suit some less heroic purposes) and of all of them being larger-than-life divine heroes in much the same way as the other Exalted are. Personally, being broader in possibility of themes allows for a number of fun and wacky ideas as well as really cool ones, and even if I didn't like the concept, the book also acts as a homebrew guide which I really need, so it's a win-win for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

That’s what it means here. An Exigent Exalt is created in a time of great need, an emergency.
                            Yep, look up Odara chosen of Ash. To save his beloved's life a volcano god offered up a prayer to the Unconquered Sun, who then Exalted Odara as the volcano god's exigent exalted, and shattered the volcano god in the process.

Comment

In a lot of ways, I find Exigents to be almost... what I always wanted Exalted to be to begin with? To really open things up to the weird and wonderful.

Comment

Working...
                              X