Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Anyone homebrewed a strong Kraken or Leviathan?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Legendary Size doesn't really interact with the Sail rules as-written.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Beast of Bitter Oblivion View Post

I would have thought the buff to legendary size would have gone a long way to make such things much scarier . I haven’t really played with sail charms before so not really familiar with how that would interact in combat.
    If everyone built their character to be good at combat then it’s going to die very quickly and not do much while it’s dying.

In naval combat against a Solar it’s straight up pathetic. It has eight dice to its naval maneuver rolls, The Solar has 20+ dice with double 9s, rerolling 1s and rerolling 6s. With a maneuverable ship the Solar also adds a few non-charm dice to that.

Leave a comment:

• Beast of Bitter Oblivion
    replied
    Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Against mortals or Solars who aren't built to take that sort of challenge? It is pretty beefy. Against an Essence 3 Solar who took Sail Supernal (or an Essence 3 Dawn), it's like that crab that was sent to annoy Heracles while he was busy fighting the Laernean Hydra.
    I would have thought the buff to legendary size would have gone a long way to make such things much scarier . I haven’t really played with sail charms before so not really familiar with how that would interact in combat.

Leave a comment:

• TheCountAlucard
    replied
    Against mortals or Solars who aren't built to take that sort of challenge? It is pretty beefy. Against an Essence 3 Solar who took Sail Supernal (or an Essence 3 Dawn), it's like that crab that was sent to annoy Heracles while he was busy fighting the Laernaean Hydra.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 06-19-2020, 11:14 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Beast of Bitter Oblivion
    replied
    What’s wrong with the armoured kraken exactly ? It seems pretty beefy.

Leave a comment:

• DrLoveMonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
    I'd really appreciate the name of whatever it is you are talking about. I tried to search it on Drive thru and couldnt find it
    Mahicara, the Volcanic Earthwalker from Hundred Devil Night Parade.

Leave a comment:

• Sorcerous Overlord
    replied
    Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post

Have you looked at the magma walker thing? I'd figure splicing it with bits of the Armored Kraken would get you a suitably biblical Leviathan.
    I'd really appreciate the name of whatever it is you are talking about. I tried to search it on Drive thru and couldnt find it

Leave a comment:

• SamuraiMujuru
    replied
    Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
    My game of 2 years is coming to an end this week, and I want to include a Kraken in the Naval Combat portion, but the published Armored Kraken is pretty tame. I am playing with an Essence 3 Sail Supernal with an Artifact ship, so I want something beefy.

If no Kraken/Leviathan, than any other terrifying Sea battle thing can work.
    Have you looked at the magma walker thing? I'd figure splicing it with bits of the Armored Kraken would get you a suitably biblical Leviathan.

Leave a comment:

• habitableexoplanet
    replied
    I have not, but I've thought about it a bit.

In addition to the numbers, I'm confused about how the Armored Kraken is supposed to work. Specifically, it has all these abilities that assume that after grabbing a ship, it will stay in naval combat, doing damage over time. But it seems like, in almost any gameplay situation with players involved, the people on the ship will want to enter ordinary combat to attack the arms. Since there's no time conversion between ordinary combat and naval combat, it's not clear how or if most of its powers can be used in that situation.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X