Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why the Lunars didn't take over the Realm after the Contagion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Lunars didn't take over the Realm after the Contagion?

They have opportunity aplenty before the Empress consolidates power and resumes Dragonblooded breeding program.

The Sword of Creation exists.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      Infiltration is always an option. And it is what Lunars do best.

Comment

The Lunars took just as heavy casualties in the Wyld Invasion as the Dragon Blooded. The ones strong enough to attempt any such takeover, even by stealth, were too few and scattered to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Numinous View Post
          They have opportunity aplenty before the Empress consolidates power and resumes Dragonblooded breeding program.
          Lunar Exalted were equally hard hit by the Great Contagion and the subsequent Wyld Invasion (I got the impression that nothing short of Solar medicine was really effective against it). So, its a bunch of low Essence newly Exalted Lunars vs, granted, a much reduced Dragonblooded Host and all the frickin Sidereal Bronze Faction Ninjas who weren't around to get punked.

That would be enough to give an Elder pause.

Comment

Because the ones that were not killed outright are scattered, their resources are shot to hell and they are severely lacking in intelligence in what the situation is.

And yes, the revival of the Sword of Creation should give one pause. And if any do turn up with murderous intent, they might just notice that Chejop Kejak is standing right there. He probably has backup, do you?

Besides, at that time somebody maybe possibly has the capabilities to kill off the nascent Empress, but they're far from capable of taking over the Realm. They're still greatly outnumbered by a hostile Dragon Blooded host, many of whom are still sitting on impressive resources. What, do you go in, occupy a capital site and then they all just submit to you? This isn't working on Klingon or Advance Wars rules. You take out the head, the body is just going to slap you around until you run off and then they'll grow a new one.

(There is no Dragon Blooded breeding program, there's just... Dragon Blooded having children with one another)

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
              Besides, at that time somebody maybe possibly has the capabilities to kill off the nascent Empress, but they're far from capable of taking over the Realm. They're still greatly outnumbered by a hostile Dragon Blooded host, many of whom are still sitting on impressive resources. What, do you go in, occupy a capital site and then they all just submit to you? This isn't working on Klingon or Advance Wars rules. You take out the head, the body is just going to slap you around until you run off and then they'll grow a new one.

(There is no Dragon Blooded breeding program, there's just... Dragon Blooded having children with one another)
              Coordinated Lunar assault can easily break such opposition and occupy the ground. Though admittedly Bronze Faction intervention remains a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                The Sword of Creation: *Exists*
                The Silver Pact: Am I a joke to you?

The Fair Folk invaded from the Threshold, with what was left of the Shogunate protecting the Isle. They got mauled worse than the Deebs.

As for infiltration... what do you think they've been trying to do for the past 700 years?

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

How long did it take the Lunars to find out who fired the Sword anyway? I can imagine some probably thought at first it was a sign the Solars were back (after all, the ones familiar with what it was would know there were built in failsafes to restrict who could normally operate it)

Comment

Originally posted by Numinous View Post
                    Coordinated Lunar assault can easily break such opposition and occupy the ground.
                    Does the picture of the world in the aftermath of the Balorian Crusade give you an impression that the Silver Pact could be particularly well coordinated?

Many are dead, many of the living ones have been severely traumatised, they're scattered all over with ruined dominions and they don't know what went on to save the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                      Does the picture of the world in the aftermath of the Balorian Crusade give you an impression that the Silver Pact could be particularly well coordinated?

Many are dead, many of the living ones have been severely traumatised, they're scattered all over with ruined dominions and they don't know what went on to save the world.
                      A circle of Lunar Elders and accompanying forces will be sufficient to tear apart nascent Realm. Remember, the Seven Tigers and his ilk posed existential threat to the Realm back then. They didn't command particularly impressive resource. A score of DG warlords at most.
                      Last edited by Numinous; 06-20-2020, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Remember what happened to the Seven Tigers.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyman View Post
                          Remember what happened to the Seven Tigers.
                          He was nuked by the Defense Grid. I don't think the Empress can get rid of a circle of Elders at once. Lunars aren't the kinds of opponents that precision strike is a viable option.

Comment

Also, if the Balorian Crusade is only just over, do you even want to topple the Empire that is wielding the Sword of Creation? If you're not sure you can take it intact, you might just want the Realm Defense Grid intact to scare away further Fair Folk.

Comment

What do you want, Numinous? Do you want answers that are consistent with the written setting, or do you want to outsmart it?

Comment

Working...
                              X