Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lunars book release?

Hello all!

I've taken a few months / years off of Exalted.

Any ideas when the new Lunars book is coming out? I can't seem to find the info.

Thanks for letting me know!

I hope all of you are doing well!

Originally posted by Pram View Post
    Hello all!

I've taken a few months / years off of Exalted.

Any ideas when the new Lunars book is coming out? I can't seem to find the info.

Thanks for letting me know!

I hope all of you are doing well!
    Currently the book is having backer errata, indexing, and post-preview editting done and will be put on DTRPG sometime in the next few months.

And stuff.
    My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

Yeah it is finished, the backers have the almost-final version, and the devs will do a final pass to correct mistakes and maybe implement light errata, it'll be out for non-backers soon(ish).
      Onyx Path haven't given exact release dates for a while now, because back when they did, people got angry at them. So this is the best we can tell you.
      Edit: Don't wanna be glib about this, making a book is a big deal for a smaller-than-huge publisher, so it's impossible to give exact release dates, so they don't.

Comment

Can anybody recall the timeline when What Fire Has Wrought was in this situation?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

I think it took a couple of months between backer errata copy and final.

Plus a week cos we found a typo in the finished version that they quickly corrected.

I think errata is finished collecting now so they just need to go through, fix all the things, add page numbers and stuff.

And then they send it for final approval and get the Print on Demand ready.

Comment

Before PoD, they'll have to send the files off to the traditional printer, get a test copy back, go through that and see if anything needs correcting, go through that cycle until the book is correct, have it traditionally printed, get it shipped to their distribution partner, have it shipped to backers from there, THEN they'll worry about PoD.

Comment

I'm suddenly struck by the sheer injustice of how the peaks of discourse for Fangs at the Gate failed to intersect with the high water mark of attention for Untitled Goose Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
                I'm suddenly struck by the sheer injustice of how the peaks of discourse for Fangs at the Gate failed to intersect with the high water mark of attention for Untitled Goose Game.
                Tell that to the Discord yesterday.

And stuff.
                My DeviantArt Page // My tumblr // Exalted 3e Houserules

Comment

So what do you think? Did they do a good job?

Should I throw money at my screen and buy?

Comment

When you do get a chance, I would absolutely recommend picking up the Lunars book, yes. It's an excellent book, both for fluff (it provides a whole bunch of useful NPCs and locations for people to interact with, as much for non-Lunars as Lunars), and for mechanics (it's got the first really solid mechanical treatment of Lunars in any edition).

Comment

LUNARS ARE GOOD NOW

Like, not even "They're basically functional which is the best they've ever been" but no Lunars are ACTUALLY GOOD

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

This actually dovetails with something I've been wondering about in the past few weeks. I'm still a little fuzzy on the pathway from concept to final print version that Onyx Path references. Like, I get that first draft is before the second draft, and editing falls somewhere after a complete manuscript has been arrived at, but 'development' and 'redlines' don't feel terribly clear, and it throws off my ability to judge how long it takes to go from 'we have a title' to 'we have a final product'.

If anyone knows of a historic post where these things got laid out, I would deeply appreciate some direction, because my search-fu has apparently not hit the right keywords yet.

Comment

Redlines are after the developer receives a draft from the writers, goes through and marks up what needs to be changed, and then sends it back to the writers.

Development is after the drafts are done, and the developer goes through and makes tweaks to harmonize tone, style, and information.

As for a timeline, it varies wildly by product. I don't think there's a good way to say, "Well, this is a Night Horrors book. So those usually take about 18 months from first draft announcement to PoD."

Comment

The rules are great. The fluff is pretty good (I really don't like that they completely changed Lilith, but I do like the new Lilith -- IMO would have been better as a new character, but I get it). The rules, are great.

Shapeshifting is sensible (bit of book keeping). Excellencies are fantastic. Charm power level is very comparable to Solars without being "Solar but Silver" (it's all pretty well balanced, almost no trap options or must-haves, some interesting synergies).

Originally posted by Caffeine Delusions View Post
                            This actually dovetails with something I've been wondering about in the past few weeks. I'm still a little fuzzy on the pathway from concept to final print version that Onyx Path references. Like, I get that first draft is before the second draft, and editing falls somewhere after a complete manuscript has been arrived at, but 'development' and 'redlines' don't feel terribly clear, and it throws off my ability to judge how long it takes to go from 'we have a title' to 'we have a final product'.

If anyone knows of a historic post where these things got laid out, I would deeply appreciate some direction, because my search-fu has apparently not hit the right keywords yet.
                            I don't know what the timeline looks like, but Vance laid out the steps here: http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...78#post1271478
                            Last edited by JohnDoe244; 07-01-2020, 09:01 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaque View Post

Tell that to the Discord yesterday.

I tell nothing to Discord, it is weird and scary to me.

Originally posted by Kyman201 View Post

LUNARS ARE GOOD NOW

Like, not even "They're basically functional which is the best they've ever been" but no Lunars are ACTUALLY GOOD
                              It's a curious thing to me that in a book in which Lunars have the strongest presentation that they've ever gotten, they should actually feel like they're in a close competition to be the most interesting thing within their own book. It's the benefit of not merely writing Dominions as though they're societies that radiate out from Lunars, but fully realised societies that have been noticeably influenced by Lunars from one quadrant or another but where the Lunar isn't the only thing going.

Or indeed, where they are the ones that have influenced the Lunar.

Still, even that serves well in serving as a guide to playing and portraying those characters; firmly established and compelling pictures of a variety of processes and relationships that these Exalted can be involved in.

Comment

Working...
                              X