Is Exalted the distant past of the WoD?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
    Kyman201 what did you think of the Modern Age setting in Shards of the Exalted Dream?
    I liked it. Shards is a fun little book. There's a couple things I'd have changed (I didn't like the angle about how all Dragonblood Exalts are the result of in-utero engineering) but the angle of the Solars returning for the first time in a LONG time while the Abyssals, Lunars, and Infernals run the secret governments was a fun take.

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

I totally agree.

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

I kind of liked it, but not as much as Gunstar Autocthonia.

I play...
        Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
        Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

Incidentally, the game I run is precisely this question:
          The PCs started at the end of the second age, which collapsed into apocalypse, and now it's the Third Age of the World of Darkness; it's the dawn of the Bronze Age. The Indo-Europeans of Iscomay are invading pre-Minoan Greece in the west and chalcelothic Persia in the east. Some of the PCs are fighting the Indo-Europeans, others have just gone to visit Cadmus and Bellarophon who want to overthrow Zeus (who kidnapped Cadmus's sister Europa, as well as various other naughty things), others are hanging out with the first ever pack of Black Furies. Perhaps if the PCs finish everything in Greece, with its mix of centaurs, ant-men, humans, and Dragonblood from Lookshy (who have a lot of Lookshyan influence on the local society, architecture, helots, etc), I may send them to Mesopotamia. Or perhaps ancient China or the proto-Harappan civilisation in India where the Indo-Europeans of Iscomay are invading Prasad. I could do a good plot in Egypt I reckon helping Osiris, Isis, mages, Silent Striders, etc, fight Set the antediluvian vampire, but our other game is in an Egypt-expy so I'm not sure the players would be that into it, might be a bit too similar to the other game. I'll see how I feel when we get to that point.

I play...
          Kovan, actor, librarian, sorcerer, great bear, Lunar Elder from the First Age
          Thutmose-Osiris, seventh son of a seventh son, descendant of the Supreme Deity Sukhmet, renegade demigod and bearer of the Ghoul-Banishing Bow. Also bright green.

Comment

The Wizard of Oz I liked both Modern Age and
            Gunstar Autochthonia.

Love your campaign idea!

“It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done...” Sidney Carton’s last line before going to the guillotine to save his True Love and her husband

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
              I was sure the answer was officially “No” then yesterday when I finally went to buy the 3e core rules on DTRPG I read the blurb (“in the distant past when the Earth was still flat”) and now I’m really confused...
              It was "rumored" for 1st edition but was never officially part of the same universe. the idea is that enough was lost from the exalted universe as more and more things were whittled away that what was left formed into earth and our universe, at least that's what I remember of it, that could just be a homebrew I read a long time ago though

Comment

Working...
              X