Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did your PC react to meeting a Solar for the 1st Time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did your PC react to meeting a Solar for the 1st Time?

I love little scenes like this.

So what it says on the tin: How did your PC react to meeting a Solar for the 1st Time?

Question: Are we including our own Solar PCs in this? Because technically the reaction may be seeing a reflection and their Caste Mark and going "THERE'S SOMETHING ON MY HEAD! GET IT OFF GET IT OFF-"

Disclaimer: I'll huff, grump, and defend my position, but if you're having fun I'll never say you're doing it wrong.

Comment

Rule of cool dictates... YES.

Comment

The Prince of Iron and Fire had Savant 5. So when the Past Lives 5 Zenith came to put the old Circle back together it was pretty much "you son of a bitch, I'm in".

Cynis Ganan has yet to meet a Solar Anathema. That said, as a scholar of some renown it is his professional opinion that the Deathknights and the Solar Anathema are in fact one-and-the-same. He reacted with single-minded brutish violence on meeting his first Deathknight.
        Last edited by JohnDoe244; 07-03-2020, 06:26 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

You all have PCs?!

Freelancer | Content Creator
          Twitter | Youtube | Patreon

Comment

The first Solars the Knight Raiton met after Exalting were a brother-and-sister assassin pair. He recognized the sister as the notorious Invisible Horse Princess.

When she killed an ensorcelled mortal in self-defense, Knight Raiton provided testimony to clear her (because he suspected that if the mortal authorities there tried to bring her in, she’d probably kill all of them).

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
              The Prince of Iron and Fire had Savant 5. So when the Past Lives 5 Zenith came to put he old Circle back together it was pretty much "you son of a bitch, I'm in".

Cynis Ganan has yet to meet a Solar Anathema. That said, as a scholar of some renown it is his professional opinion that the Deathknights and the Solar Anathema are in fact one-and-the-same. He reacted with single-minded brutish violence on meeting his first Deathknight.

Savant? I don't remember that mechanic. What's it do?

When Smiling Tiger met the SOLAR Peleps Bael, Tiger was planning on murdering him. Tiger has a Defining Intimacy to kill dynasts who try to muscle in on the criminal underworld, and he thought the Pirate Lord Bael was a Deeb so he snuck aboard the ship to kill the Peleps dog. While canvassing for info, a looselipped sailor let slip that Bael had a shiny forehead mark when he went big and Tiger put 2 and 2 together.

The Unequaled Artifact Maker Salazan of Salambrimga, also known as Salazan of the Black Anvil or The Demon Forgemaster met the entire circle, he more or less didn't give a shit and continued to do fantasy coke off of a moonsilver mirror. Salazan makes his money off of Dynast commissions and his Solar exaltation is more or less as "don't ask and we won't have a problem" among the Great Houses. I patterned that off of Lord of War, where the CIA, KGB, MI5 and the rest know that Nic Cage is an arms dealer but they let him deal arms because they need someone who can do the stuff that they don't want traced back to them. Sure, Salazan is probably an anathema, but he's too useful to kill and as long as no one makes a big deal out of it we won't lose a source of easy artifact weapons.

Eventually he warmed up to them as "People who don't pay me but I enjoy their company"

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
              -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                Savant? I don't remember that mechanic. What's it do?
                It was a cheesy merit from previous editions that gave a sizable bonus on rolls related to stuff like knowing how to build or work or fix First Age artifacts.

My recollection is that it was initially introduced in 1e to give Sidereal players a leg up on actually for filling that role of being the mysterious wise mentor, but immediately every Twilight remotely interested in crafting started snagging it.
                Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 07-03-2020, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Savant meant you understood First Age tech, but didn't really have any real memories or emotional context that went with this knowledge.

Past Lives meant you remembered your last incarnations life.

So it went something like this:

"You don't know me but we used to be friends."
                  "Okay. I don't care."
                  "Wanna help me steal a Directional Titan? I'll let you take it apart." *glows golden*
                  "You son of a bitch, I'm in."
                  Last edited by JohnDoe244; 07-03-2020, 08:51 AM.

Comment

When I played my first PC in a little solo adventure, my first reaction was ... "I must avenge my family that was juste killed and then kill myself because I have now become an anathema, an enemy of Creation"

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Did your PC meet any other Solars after that? Did they wind up committing harakiri (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)? (I hope not.)

Comment

Savant meant you understood First Age tech, but didn't really have any real memories or emotional context that went with this knowledge.

Past Lives meant you remembered your last incarnations life.

So it went something like this:

"You don't know me but we used to be friends."
                        "Okay. I don't care."
                        "Wanna help me steal a Directional Titan? I'll let you take it apart."
                        "You son of a bitch, I'm in."
                        Hahahaha. You sir, must have a 5 cha+ a 5 presence with a specialty in talking my language.

Comment

My first character was a Haltan Commando in 1e that exalted at the battle of Futile Blood. So Coran's first reaction was wtf is up with these monsters we've allied with. And then I exalted against a Fire Aspect who was about to kill me and I was like 'oh, that's wtf is up with these monsters. Great I just joined the monster squad. Awesome'.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkayriel View Post

Hahahaha. You sir, must have a 5 cha+ a 5 presence with a specialty in talking my language.
                            Cha 6 Presence 5 My Kind of Guy 3

Comment

Cha 6 Presence 5 My Kind of Guy 3
                              A Precision of the Striking Edition decisive attack. Well played sir, well played.

Comment

Working...
                              X