Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did your PC react to meeting a Solar for the 1st Time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daredevil View Post
    Did your PC meet any other Solars after that? Did they wind up committing harakiri (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)? (I hope not.)
    No sadly the campaign didn't go far enough but I liked the core idea of "I'll use my curse to bring vengeance before my death"

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
      Savant? I don't remember that mechanic. What's it do?
      It's a Background from Manual of Exalted Powers: Sidereals & Dreams of the First Age: Lords of Creation.

It allows bonuses to repair & maintenance of 1st Age tech (Magitech).

It does not state it helps with building said tech. I wish it did, as that would allow more Lunar & Sidreal PC's would could build crazy stuff.

Past Lives existed as a Merit until Manual of Exalted Powers: Infernals offered it as a Background.

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
      The Unequaled Artifact Maker Salazan of Salambrimga, also known as Salazan of the Black Anvil or The Demon Forgemaster met the entire circle, he more or less didn't give a shit and continued to do fantasy coke off of a moonsilver mirror.
      This is just brilliant.

Originally posted by JohnDoe244 View Post
      So it went something like this:

"You don't know me but we used to be friends."
      "Okay. I don't care."
      "Wanna help me steal a Directional Titan? I'll let you take it apart." *glows golden*
      "You son of a bitch, I'm in."
      Originally posted by Arkayriel View Post
      Hahahaha. You sir, must have a 5 cha+ a 5 presence with a specialty in talking my language.
      Lol! This is great.

Originally posted by Chausse View Post
      No sadly the campaign didn't go far enough but I liked the core idea of "I'll use my curse to bring vengeance before my death"
      It's a great concept. Rich in drama fun.

How do you think your PC would react if they meet another Solar? For the sake of argument, lets say one that thought it was acting benevolently.

Comment

It allows bonuses to repair & maintenance of 1st Age tech (Magitech).

It does not state it helps with building said tech.
        My apologies for the lapse in memory; then again, as long as it’s been since I opened DotFA, I’m surprised I remembered it as much as I did.

Comment

Ok, now I feel like I have to weigh-in.

Manual of Exalted Power: The Infernals both reimagined Past Lives as a Background, and reprinted Savant.

Savant offers bonus dice on "any Lore check involving the history, science or magic of the First Age. She also adds her rating in dots to her Lore, Occult and Craft Abilities in order to meet the Ability requirements to operate and maintain First Age artifacts."

It doesn't, directly, help you build new First Age Artifacts. It is a core background for Infernals.
          Last edited by JohnDoe244; 07-05-2020, 12:59 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

I was right, by the way, that Savant first appeared in the Sidereals book in 1e. It's on pages 109-110.

Comment

When my Dawn saw his first Solar(s) [when i was joining an already running session], his first reaction was "well, they don't seem exactly stable, but can't be much worse than the Abyssals i have seen so far, and they don't seem to have any insane boss at the moment - they will do"

My Iselsi Water Aspect met his first Anathema during his personal backstory - (in the middle of an active Wyld Hunt, so there was not even a possibility of conversation, as it has already turned into a very, very bloody affair by that point). By the time the actual session started, he was at the point where he could actually consider cooperation with a Solar, but only after making sure he had the upper hand, and the inevitable termination plan ready. For the good of said poor Anathema's soul, and for the stability of the Realm. With the second being the more important factor.
              He ended up having to cover for an Abyssal he had next to no control over. He very much didn't like it.

My pirate Eclipse frankly didn't care whom he was cooperating with, as long as it was profitable enough, and he had enough space to manouver for advantage. And his first reaction after he exalted and noticed that was a disgruntlement that the caste mark makes him way too conspicious.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Comment

My peasant Twilight didn't, and still doesn't, regard the only other Solar she knows as a peer; she's a peasant, the other is a noblewoman and thus outranks her, in consequence of which she is very polite and extremely deferential to the other.. Her self-image hasn't caught up with her actual status, to the other Solar's ongoing distress.

Comment

He blew up the Immaculate standing next to us with Seven Omens Shot, then our Fire Aspect one-shotted him with an exceptionally lucky Flight of the Brilliant Raptor.

Our characters never learned what his deal was or even that he was a Solar in the first place.

Evocations for the demonic tattoos gained from the Pact with Mara sorcerous initiation || Pyre-Kindler (Soulsteel and Red Jade Grimscythe, Artifact 3) || Tenebrous Descent (Stormcaller's Black Jade Reaver Daiklave cousin, Artifact 5)
                  Advice for running the corebook shikari antagonists

Comment

It's a great concept. Rich in drama fun.

How do you think your PC would react if they meet another Solar? For the sake of argument, lets say one that thought it was acting benevolently.
                    Sorry I was far for awhile and didn't answer your post.

I'm not sure. My PC was descendant of a strong and recognized family that protected a certain area from the Wyld. I exalted after successfully running away from a horde of Fair Folk that destroyed my hometown, carrying with me our ancestral heritage, an artifact Daiklave, The Dream-Cutter, used by my ancestors to bring an end to the Wyld infestation to the surrounding area. The whole family was mainly following Immaculate principles, and applying them in their hunt of the Wyld. I think the defining factor of my encounter with another Solar at that moment would definitively have been "What's your position on the Fair Folk ?"

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

my current players met Admiral Sand in his vulcona fortress. This was how I introduced him:

"You enter into a large vaulted room inside the mountain. It is hot, but not unbearably. Braziers with fire light up the great hall which is lined with troops. A man decked out in fine clothing with a noticable scar on his cheek stands in the middle.... then the music start"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1A6rwZ6R-k

Suffice to say, my players were utterly charmed and instantly fell in love with him

Malfeas F'Tagn - go check out my epic MLP/Exalted crossover "The Scroll of Exalted ponies" @ Fimfiction

Comment

A little birdie told Cool Summer Breeze that several other Chosen had just rolled into town so he was waiting for them when they returned to their lodgings and immediately got his brown-nosing on.

Jin Wun had multiple reasons to rule out the Dragons' blood as how Lion-Eyed Garnet was packing a jade shotgun but the game died just before when he was going to slip her a note with a time and place for them to show each other their caste marks.

When Shensen told her he was fellow Solar, Ascending Lotus Blossom's heart skipped a beat as curiosity overtook her and she quietly resolved to genuinely get to know him instead of (just) turning his heart to putty in her hands like she does to everyone else.

Dai Gren had to spend willpower to not piss himself in front of his subordinates when a very smol Zenith dropped out of the sky anima a-glowing and told him to stop smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X