No announcement yet.

Systematic Understanding of Everything podcast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week on the Systematic Understanding of Everything, we bring you our explainer on Exalted's combat systems: https://www.exaltcast.com/2021/02/08...xalted-combat/

As usual, we also have a bit of a look at how Essence implements the system.

Check out my RPG podcast: The Story Told
    Follow my ongoing Exalted Campaign: The Fall of Jiara
    Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

“I’m super excited, and I feel just, and this is probably the wrong move, so I’m going to do it.”

Are we super this if Terry’s first Exalted game? And I would totally wear that Caste shirt.

Comment

Yep, definitely his first Exalted game. Though he got to playtest Essence.

Check out my Community Content: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse....hazz%20Kellner

Comment

I noticed in this episode above combat they said that you can use soak modifying charms after the hit is determined, before the damage roll. This confused me because I thought all the charms needed to be declared before the attack roll unless specified in the charm. Durant Quicksilver Adaptation from the Lunars book specifically allows you to modify your soak between the attack hit and the damage roll, which would imply that is not the normal way you apply soak charms.

Also, Monica’s volume was up and down a lot—mostly down. Everyone else’s volume was OK but Monica was hard to hear a lot of the time.

Comment

A couple of points about crafting.

First Age Artifice can be used to make any level of artifact, not just legendary items.

And the interval for crafting artifacts is "how long does it take you to scrape up enough gold xp for another roll?" There is a minimum amount of working time at the beginning that does go up with the rank of the artifact, but that's it.

Other than that, I liked the episode and it sounds like Essence is going to solve a lot of my issues with crafting and the rest of the game, so I'm looking forward to it even more now.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
              I noticed in this episode above combat they said that you can use soak modifying charms after the hit is determined, before the damage roll. This confused me because I thought all the charms needed to be declared before the attack roll unless specified in the charm. Durant Quicksilver Adaptation from the Lunars book specifically allows you to modify your soak between the attack hit and the damage roll, which would imply that is not the normal way you apply soak charms.
              Yep, you're right on that one. Soak Charms should be activated before the attack roll unless they give you another trigger.

Comment

I felt a deep, agonising pain at the lack of 1e Ruins of Rathess, and the city's non-mention as having been the Dragon King capital first and being titled the First City, in the East episode :P

It's a nice series though, very fun to listen. Thank you all for doing it.

Edit: Also, in the Sorcery episode, in 3e mortal demon summoners do benefit from the surrender terms and bindings. They didn't get that in 2e at least, don't remember 1e.
                Last edited by imadaman; 06-05-2021, 06:37 AM.

Comment

The most recent episode about Essence had the same audio level issue I usually experience, but this time it was Chaz. Usually Monica’s audio is distinctly quieter and harder to hear but this episode it was Chaz. When the volume levels vary turning up the volume is unfortunately not a good solution.

Comment

Originally posted by werlynn View Post
                    The most recent episode about Essence had the same audio level issue I usually experience, but this time it was Chaz. Usually Monica’s audio is distinctly quieter and harder to hear but this episode it was Chaz. When the volume levels vary turning up the volume is unfortunately not a good solution.

I will pass this along to Terry.

Comment

Working...
                    X