How can you make Chejop Kejak turn Gold Faction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daredevil
    • Dec 2014

How can you make Chejop Kejak turn Gold Faction?

I think this might be a more epic goal than laying the Neverborn to rest, destroying Oblivion. or talking Malfeas into using his inside voice.

There is something I find fascinating about the idea of turning one's utmost opposition into an ally, & Exalted is all about epic goals.

How could PC's possibly reason or otherwise coerce Chejop Kejak into turning pro-Solar?
  • autXautY
    • Dec 2017

One thought is that my impression is Chejop Kejak wants to believe he did the right thing. So, maybe convince him that it's compatible to be Gold Faction now and Bronze Faction then? Like, convince him that the Great Curse exists, and that the Usurpation was necessary because of the Great Curse, then end the Great Curse so now Solars are great?

Comment

• nalak42
      • Jun 2014

Aut's idea certainly wouldn't be a bad place to start. I mean a major thing in his 2e writeup was that the Usurpation was justified, so if you could get him on board with the idea that what was done then is not invalidated by allowing Solars to gain power now. The next part would be convincing him that the Solars are necessary for the continued survival of Creation, and then probably work out some system whereby Solars would be able to acquire power and use it to benefit Creation without becoming the most imminent threat to the world that they were percieved as when the Usurpation happened.

Comment

• vampire hunter D
        • Nov 2013

With him, only way I can think of is a little trick I like to call "Reincarnation Therapy"

Comment

• BrilliantRain
          • Nov 2013

I mean, without resorting to straight up mind control..... He has political position that he's spent the last, like, 2000 years entrenching, allies that are with him on many more important issues than whether or not Solars need murdering, the Realm he helped build has "Solars need murdering" as a keystone of it's religion.

Basically, I think it'd take a miracle. I mean that quite literally.

As is, I would treat Chejop Kejak abandoning his position pretty much as an Unacceptable Order, barring him finding out something from an unimpeachable source that vastly changed his understanding of the universe....or being put up against something that exceeded the Godzilla Threshold by several orders of magnitude.

So, to go with Aut's idea, find a way to have the friggen Maiden of Secrets show up to tell him about the Great Curse. And then, while he's still redecorating his mind about that, present him with some epic options for ending said curse so that Solars don't invariably go insane as they get older. And, while he's mulling that over, hit him with news of a Second Balorian War or the Deathlords and Abyssals marching forth upon Creation, or something similarly apocalyptic. You probably have to be far past the point where rallying the Entire Exalted Host is necessary to get him to admit it, but it would take something on that level to finally try to run with it, I think.

Short of something that epically gonzo....I kinda doubt you could really do it. Chejop has had what he wanted for the last 700 years and change: a very stable Creation. If he can weather the next few years and actually get the Realm to have a proper way to deal with the line of succession without falling back into the Shogunate "All the Wars, All the Time" setup, then...basically, he'll have won. And he'll probably die shortly after too, but he's just... this.... close to winning forever before that happens.

He's not gonna give that up easily. (Plus, again, basically his entire power base is intertwined with Solar Murdering, so it'll be even harder to give that up)

Comment

• Isator Levi
            • Nov 2013

Instil actions.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
            Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

• Accelerator
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
              Short of something that epically gonzo....I kinda doubt you could really do it. Chejop has had what he wanted for the last 700 years and change: a very stable Creation. If he can weather the next few years and actually get the Realm to have a proper way to deal with the line of succession without falling back into the Shogunate "All the Wars, All the Time" setup, then...basically, he'll have won. And he'll probably die shortly after too, but he's just... this.... close to winning forever before that happens.
              How will this let him win? Forever?

Comment

• Cheshire Cat
                • Nov 2013

I assume the point is that if the Realm survives the disappearance of the Empress, and manages to install a means of succession, it will stabilize for the forseeable future.

Comment

• Accelerator
                  • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                  I assume the point is that if the Realm survives the disappearance of the Empress, and manages to install a means of succession, it will stabilize for the forseeable future.
                  But there's hundreds of extra solaroids coming out now from the woodwork. The Yozis now have their infernals, The Deathlords their Abyssals, and 150 Solar exaltations.

Comment

Maybe convince him that the Solars were framed?

Comment

• Accelerator
                      • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                      Maybe convince him that the Solars were framed?
                      How? These were transcendent demigods capable of shaking heaven and earth. Who did it?

Comment

The Yozis. Specifically the Ebon Dragon. He’s good at tricking people into believing things that aren’t true. At least in 2e he got the Scarlet Empress to fall for him even though at the time he was the embodiment of Evil...

Comment

• Accelerator
                          • Feb 2017

The Yozis. Specifically the Ebon Dragon. He’s good at tricking people into believing things that aren’t true. At least in 2e he got the Scarlet Empress to fall for him even though at the time he was the embodiment of Evil...
                          Really? How? What, did he whack Chejop Kejack with 'golden years tarnished black'? Did he do it for the dozens or so sidereal elders that were behind the Usurpation? Did he do it to the Dragonblooded host which smashed the Solar's shit in? As well as the Lunars who are witnesses to the horrors of the Deliberative itself? All of them? Without them noticing? Because these were monsters. Even the Dragonblooded hit essence 6/7 in those days. And that's not discounting perfect defenses. And holy effects.

Comment

• TheCountAlucard
                            • Nov 2013

This is probably a poor strategy in Ex3 since the Yozis there are not 2e's Yozis.

He/him

Comment

• Accelerator
                              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                              This is probably a poor strategy in Ex3 since the Yozis there are not 2e's Yozis.
                              Nor 1Es. The Ebon Dragon being pure evil is basically now the exception.

Comment

Working...