Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fictional characters could believably be Exalted in hiding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fictional characters could believably be Exalted in hiding?

What characters fit the bill for being an exalted who's limiting themselves to stay out of sight?

James Bond is either a Sidereal...or a Time Lord

Comment

Batman.

Conan.

Sherlock Holmes.

Montgomery Scott.

Comment

Tony Stark

Comment

Raven, from the Black Company, makes a great Night Caste. Goblin and One-Eye are mortal sorcerers.

He/him

Comment

John Carter of Mars

Comment

Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
              Batman.

Conan.

Sherlock Holmes.

Montgomery Scott.
              Irene Adler

Who’s Montgomery Scott?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Conan is obviously a dawn who uses integrity and melee. And oh yes, mighty thews.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
                  Conan is obviously a dawn who uses integrity and melee. And oh yes, mighty thews.
                  He could just as easily be an Athletics Supernal Night.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                    He could just as easily be an Athletics Supernal Night.
                    Hell yeah. He was also pretty stealthy.

But with that level of charisma, (being able to steal a person's warband beneath him) he can be a zenith! It even fits with his durability! I mean, that 'survive being stuck in the sun while crucified' is obviously something out of Resistance.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Irene Adler

Who’s Montgomery Scott?
                      Commander Montgomery Scott, best known for his many years of service aboard the USS Enterprise.

Comment

Oh, you mean Scotty from the original Star Trek. Cool. Thanks.

Yeah, I guess he’d make a pretty good Exalted. Maybe a Sidereal? Like a Chosen of Mercury (patron of travelers)?

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Craft was a Serenity Ability in 1e and 2e, actually, so I'd peg him as a Joybringer if I was making him as a Sidereal. Though I'd be more inclined to put his miraculous patch-jobs in the hands of either a Twilight or a No Moon.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
                            Craft was a Serenity Ability in 1e and 2e, actually, so I'd peg him as a Joybringer if I was making him as a Sidereal. Though I'd be more inclined to put his miraculous patch-jobs in the hands of either a Twilight or a No Moon.
                            Good point. I think Twilight would definitely work.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                              Irene Adler
                              Don't get me wrong, Irene Adler is a badass, but I think it'd actually be more appropriate to the original narrative if she was a "mere" mortal.

Sherlock underestimates her when he forms his plan to trick her into revealing the location of the troublesome photograph; ultimately his failure to consider that she could be on his level intellectually, is what leads to her discovering his identity and escaping.

​(I like my Exalted best when mortals can remind them from time to time that they're not gods.)
                              Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 08-10-2020, 10:04 PM.

He/him

Comment

Working...
                              X