Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What fictional characters could believably be Exalted in hiding?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post
    I see your point, but disagree, largely because having a feat as a Charm doesn't automatically *invalidate* it as a mundane feat.
    I didn’t say “automatically.” I said “tends to.” Ghosts, for example, got a Charm making them able to produce Ghost-Blooded offspring, and with it, lost the ability to produce Ghost-Blooded offspring in any other way.

It’s not the only example, either. Just one I’m rather bitter about.

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    How? I feel like something like this should be something mortals can't do. How would you even put it in the system?
    ”The system” already has stuff for how training works, and loath as I am to use the Air Bud defense, the details for training don’t preclude the possibility of not initially realizing that you’re being trained.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 10-02-2020, 03:39 AM.

He/him

Comment

With every book, Harry Dresden is more obviously an exigent of Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hand-of-Omega View Post
        Mentors who make for great Sidereal Mentors/Sifu:

-Yoda/Obi-Wan
        -Oogway/Soothsayer (Kung Fu Panda)
        -Morpheus
        -The Ancient One
        -Dakuan (the priest/spy from Ninja Scroll)

Any others?

Kisuke Uahara

Rufus (B&T's EA)

Hiko Seijuro
        Last edited by vampire hunter D; 10-16-2020, 01:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
          I'd probably call Dresden a Twilight, but his Celestial sorcerous initiation was a pact with Winter. His toughness and respect from Winter fae would be merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatts View Post
            I'd probably call Dresden a Twilight, but his Celestial sorcerous initiation was a pact with Winter. His toughness and respect from Winter fae would be merits.
            Since access to magic can be bought as an advantage, I'd say he was a heroic mortal for most of his career - until narrowly avoiding becoming an infernal, and then getting sponsored by a deity.

As for others...

Someone mentioned The Ancient One. That space folding she does in the prologue is how I imagine sidereal martial arts are supposed to look like.

Also, I'm thinking about Darkseid. Between his "crush the Universe under his boot because he IS tyrrany", attitude, his power level, and his body being an avatar of his real self that takes a whole dimension to himself... would it be a stretch to call him a Yozi?

Comment

Originally posted by Braininthejar View Post
              ...I mean, with him being Starborn, I'd say a Chosen of Endings with Winter-based Sorcerous initiation.

On another note, plenty of Fire Emblem characters are Dragonblooded, no doubt about it.

Comment

If we're diving into pulp urban fantasy, than I suggest John Taylor who debuted in Something From the Nightside and its 12 book Nightside series. Without going into spoilers, he's an Exigent of an scifi-magic city (the titular Nightside), where its always 3am and serves as a neutral ground between Heaven, Hell, the Fair Folk, some of the Other Things, numberless small gods, and is full of timeslips- portals to the past and a wide variety of alternate futures. Your just as likely to get mugged by a junkie with a laspistol as you are to meet a succubus turning tricks or pack of werewolves. I highly recommend it.

John's power is to find things. Lost people, lost items, etc. He can "find" the bullets in your gun, or if he's in a bad mood, your fillings or even your source of magic.

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
                -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Thunderbolt Fantasy has some really, really accurately depicted Exalted characters for me.There's Shang Bu Huan (Dawn, Supernal Brawl using a martial art like Single Point Shines Into the Blade), Lin Xue Ya/Enigmatic Gale (Elder Chosen of Battle), Mie Tien Hai (Abyssal, Dusk) and Di Kong/Lou Zhen Jie (Infernal, Malfean Scourge with a demon relic girlfriend-YES, you read that last part right).

I'm just not sure what Lang Wu Yao is. I'm inclined to think Zenith because he has a talking artifact weapon instrument and sing well enough to parry a dragon's breath back in it's face.

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
                  I've been playing Hades for a few days and Zagreus is the archetypal Dawn. Although considering the game is escaping the Underworld hes probably an Abyssal.

No spoilers but there are 2 entities which are akin to Primordials as well
                  The only reason I didn't have Zagreus pegged as a Dawn is because most of his powers come from blessings from the Olympians, which kind of fall outside the gamut of a Dawn even with copious abuse of Divine Mantle.

And yeah, the other two are definitely Primordial material. Especially the one who just casually offers to rewrite fate for your (eventual, after enduring a curse) benefit, when every other character treats the Fates as immutable.

Braininthejar Oh yes, he's definitely the Yozi kind of character. The sort of force of nature so overwhelming it's honestly not explained very well why he hasn't slaughtered the Justice League especially since at the moment he's canonically slain the whole League and their planet on numerous parallel Earths. The funny thing is if you've ever looked at the other New Gods, especially post-New 52, he's quite possibly the only one who fits the bill in practice because he's just so much more successful than the rest. Who are just, not really treated very respectfully at all by their own source material considering recently one was literally used as a food bribe to placate a cosmic demon. That was his son Orion too.

Recently he even restored himself AND Apokolips to full power into the Sphere of the Gods after they were both nearly wiped from existence from an even more powerful cosmic being* getting unleashed. Heck, his daughter Grail was written as a Crisis-level individual and she has human blood (She's half-Amazon. It's...not explained well)

*Allegedly Perpetua is...not very well written and the scope of her power is more told than shown a lot of times.

I'd bring up the Batman Who Laughs but honestly the sheer badly written plot armo-I mean scope of what he does probably belongs more in Nobilis 3e than anything. Specifically, as a Warmain.

Critian Caceorte There's some very odd offhanded lines about Starborn in the latest books (Drakul-one of the guys who could take on Mab in a 1v1 and win (if she was the kind of character who did 1v1 fights-being one apparently, Mavra wanting to sacrifice Harry to the "stars and stones", the Starborn only coming about every 666 years) that make me wonder if being Starborn is actually more Infernal than we all initally thought.

Sorcerous Overlord Technically he'd be the Exigent of
                  Lilith now, wouldn't he? The Nightside is merely where she invested her power after all.

Last edited by Organ Boy; 10-26-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Organ Boy View Post
                    T.

Sorcerous Overlord Technically he'd be the Exigent of ####### now, wouldn't he? The Nightside is merely where ##### invested ####'s power after all.
                    You mean a major spoiler? There's a reason I didn't bring that up.

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
                    -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Working...
                    X