No announcement yet.

Building palaces, warships, and grand feasts - mortals and superior projects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building palaces, warships, and grand feasts - mortals and superior projects

I'm dry heaving, vomiting, and I have an exam coming up. So this is to help me relax, slightly. Mortals can carry out grand forms of construction and effects. But sadly there are few rules for such things. So I aim to correct this.

A/n: May be incomplete or errenous. Subject to improvements

Superior projects:

Superior projects are things that mortals can carry out, en masse. Often beyond the ability of any mortal hero to do, they take advantage of the mass scale abilities most societies have, letting tens of thousands work together to accomplish a goal with cooperation and teamwork. This can include creating grand feasts, palaces, or warships to ply the waves. But for the current rules there aren't any way to differentiate between constructing a ship on a deserted island with 5 castaways and building a warship in the finest harbour ever with an army of master shipbuilders to help you.

Rules:
    Larger projects are 3 dot projects. Smaller projects are counted as 2 dot.
    Smaller projects: 2 dots terminus 6, Difficulty 5, goal number 30
    Larger projects: 3 dots, terminus 6, Difficulty 5, Goal number 50

Edit; Holy fucking shit what's wrong with this forum.
    Factor Failure Bad Average Good Great
    Workers Your workmen hate you and want to kill you At best they’re lazy, at worst, corrupt. (-2 penalty) Nothing special, not bad, but not good (no bonus) Experienced workmen who have made a name for themselves (bonus 2 dice) You’re the Venetian Arsenal (bonus 4 dice)
    Ingredients I guess we can try to make a data probe using sand… Someone just sold you bad wood or bad stone. (-2 penalty) You’ve got some good wood, or some standard bricks. (No bonus) You’ve got reinforced stone, marble, steel, the works. High quality stuff. (Bonus 2 dice) What, did you go into heaven to get those ingredients for the feast? Not that I’m complaining… (Bonus 4 dice)
    Infrastructure How the fuck am I going to make a suit of armor with my bare hands? Your tools are cracked, chipped, and rusty. (difficulty 7) Tools are standard for the trade, but nothing stands out.

Difficulty 5
    Tools are pretty good and cost you a pretty penny to get, or build. This is the kind masters have and are buried with.

Difficulty
    You have a full-blown naval shipyard, a forge blessed by the goddess of metalsmithing, or artifact tools.

Difficulty 1.
    Supernatural help. The spirits knock down any stone left on top of one another. Seriously, run. The spirits carry out mischief. Foundations turn soggy. Tools go missing. (difficulty 7) The spirits simply ignore you or do not give a shit. (No bonus) A few nearby elementals, minor gods, or weaker exigents have decided to help you. (+2 dice) The neighbouring gem lord has sent an army of earth elementals to help you. (+4 dice)

Play test 1: Total failure

Play test 2: High level mortal is 9 dice normally. He has spent the money on good infrastructure, and has gotten good materials from the good and hired an experienced workman team. So in total he has 13 dice at difficulty 3. 7 successes on average, with 4 succeses left over. A terminus of 6 means that he obtains 24 successes in total...

Wow shit, this entire thing fucks over mortals.

Frack it, there's no such thing as set terminus for superior mortal projects. You can take years to make your stuff, just complete it. And maybe I alter the difficulty alterations, so that it doesn't take a complete genius to construct a temple using normal workers and tools.

Bro like, are you ok though? Dry heaving and vomiting are bad signs man. Is it stress? Are you eating ok?

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
    -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
      Bro like, are you ok though? Dry heaving and vomiting are bad signs man. Is it stress? Are you eating ok?
      I don't know. I feel like shit. I've been indoors for 36 hours straight. Help.

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post

I don't know. I feel like shit. I've been indoors for 36 hours straight. Help.
        Turn off everything with a screen and take a walk somewhere with plants. Dont bring your phone (or turn it off). Drink water.

Seriously, dont sacrifice your health for whatever society tells you exams are worth. Email your professor afterwards. I teach and I'm really generous with mental health. You are not alone.

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
        -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post

Turn off everything with a screen and take a walk somewhere with plants. Dont bring your phone (or turn it off). Drink water.

Seriously, dont sacrifice your health for whatever society tells you exams are worth. Email your professor afterwards. I teach and I'm really generous with mental health. You are not alone.
          This is good advice. Accelerator, hang in there and good luck.

Comment

Accelerator Can you go see a doctor ?

My homebrew (Leave comments if you want to help improve) : A quick recap of all the pools and stats for Quick Exalted 3E characters

Comment

What's your exam in? I know it's OT but I wouldn't complain if it would help to vent about it here.

Comment

Also, on-topic, I'd be tempted to treat large-scale mortal construction as Bureaucracy "Projects" rather than "Craft Projects". It's more about marshalling the resources than the building of the thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwell View Post
                  Also, on-topic, I'd be tempted to treat large-scale mortal construction as Bureaucracy "Projects" rather than "Craft Projects". It's more about marshalling the resources than the building of the thing.
                  Yes, but we don't have a bureaucracy system. But we do have a craft one.

Besides, crafting the thing is probably a big thing to do so. Though there should be a planning stage where a better planning or designs should make construction easier, cheaper, and faster.

Comment

I'm alive.

So let's do this.

Using Sandact6's manse homebrew and my own SWLIHN charms...

a 5-dot manse requires the construction of half a year, difficulty 5, and 100 successes.

Using SWLIHN charms, difficulty drops to 2, interval is per month. The craftsman is amongst those blessed by Cecylene, and has 13 dice in everything, with 18 dice due to aides. He gains another + 3 dice due to the SWLIHN charm. Thus, 21 dice.

10 successes on average, and on a 2 difficulty you get 8 successes. Thus a 5 dot manse takes 12.5 months to build, barring anything like extra supernatural help.

Comment

Working...
                    X