Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaction of the Unconquered Sun to the Great Curse?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

What was cut?
    There were three tiers of evocations, like with sorcery. Emerald, Sapphire and Adamant- they're still mentioned in Design Beyond Limit in the corebook.

Comment

That’s still around, after a fashion - it’s just that we’ve got Dissonant, neutral, and Resonant Evocations.

He/him

Comment

Originally posted by Zale View Post

There were three tiers of evocations, like with sorcery. Emerald, Sapphire and Adamant- they're still mentioned in Design Beyond Limit in the corebook.

What does that have to do with Dragon-Blooded maintaining their strength via evocations? They still get the Resonant effects with Jade in the RAW.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

What was cut?
          There was going to be a mechanic whereby DBs auto-pick up or generate Evocations that their "ancestors" used, which would help them stand up to Solars (Being Resonant in All Materials vs. Being resonant in most Materials (as Jade is five different types) and auto-obtaining Evocations the moment you attune to an Artifact.)

Comment

Originally posted by Critian Caceorte View Post
            There was going to be a mechanic whereby DBs auto-pick up or generate Evocations that their "ancestors" used, which would help them stand up to Solars (Being Resonant in All Materials vs. Being resonant in most Materials (as Jade is five different types) and auto-obtaining Evocations the moment you attune to an Artifact.)
            That’s literally what heirloom artifacts are. DBs of a given House or Gen get an automatic free evocation when attuned to one of their ancestral artifacts.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

That’s literally what heirloom artifacts are. DBs of a given House or Gen get an automatic free evocation when attuned to one of their ancestral artifacts.
              Welp, I'm officially an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                The Immaculate Dragons are composites of historical Dragon-Blooded. There may or may not have really been a Mela but some portion of the acts attributed to her by the Immaculate Texts are things that really happened.
                Unless 3e changed this, I thought that the Immaculate Dragons were real, they're just souls of Gaia sleeping at the poles. It's the Immaculate Philosophy's conception of them as humanoid beings that helped kill the Solars that's the lie.

Comment

The key in 3e is that "Chosen of the Unconquered Sun" is a literally true statement; the Unconquered Sun chose you. The exact psychology or mechanism of the choosing is unspecified, and what would happen if the Unconquered Sun were killed is unspecified, but if you're a Solar, you were chosen by the Unconquered Sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostav View Post

Unless 3e changed this, I thought that the Immaculate Dragons were real, they're just souls of Gaia sleeping at the poles. It's the Immaculate Philosophy's conception of them as humanoid beings that helped kill the Solars that's the lie.
                    There are the Five Elemental Dragons, and then there are the Immaculate Dragons, "the Five Elemental Dragons . . . incarnated in five specific individuals" (as the core book puts it).

The former certainly exist. As to the latter, per page 90 of The Realm:

Popular myth states that the Immaculate Order was born when the Elemental Dragons incarnated to lead the Dragon-Blooded in glorious rebellion against the demonic Anathema, raising the Dragon-Blooded to their rightful place as Princes of the Earth. This view of history suffices for most lay mortals, and even for incurious Dragon-Blooded, whose station doesn’t demand the full truth. Once a monk has received sufficient spiritual preparation, she learns a more nuanced history: that the Immaculate Order was founded during the Dragon-Blooded Shogunate, that the Immaculate Dragons’ great deeds are allegories condensed from dozens of historical Dragon-Blooded across various time periods, and that the Solar and Lunar Anathema are Exalted themselves, though doomed to insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Frostav View Post

Minor nitpick:

In 1E and 3E the Five Elemental Dragons are Gaia's children, not her souls.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X