So... where did Tamuz go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
    As for the Haltan Lunars? At the prospect of them coming back I'd mostly question why they were First Age elders because they don't seem to have ever really been connected to anything in the First Age.
    My thoughts exactly. Even if one takes what is said about their import in the founding of Halta at face value - what is i stated previously is far from necessary in 3e - nothing about it requires them to be First Age survivors. In retrospect, making them "patrons" in the same general sense as Caltia, their influence in the formation of haltan society centered in the making of proving grounds that may generate beastfolk and so on could make for an indirect but active role that is more organic and sympathetic as a portrayal of the characters, i guess.

But on the matter of the duo's age, i dare say the tale of Amphere in Kingdom of Halta, of how Silver Python took the young proto-haltan lunar of that name under his tutelage and bungled up big time with the mentoring, resulting in her death and the making of the Shade Tiger & Silver Child seems to run counter to the idea of Silver Python as a very experienced lunar, at least where it comes to mentoring, imho.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 10-27-2020, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lioness View Post
      As for the Haltan Lunars? At the prospect of them coming back I'd mostly question why they were First Age elders because they don't seem to have ever really been connected to anything in the First Age.
      The connection’s pretty obvious to me: they were relevant and important, both of which qualities were FAA in 2e.

Comment

Working...
      X