Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How terrible is the loss of white wolf forums?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
    But if that's the case, can't Exalts just get integrity charms to boost their own will in a battle of wills, or use another charm to transform their own skills in swords to their own willpower, like 'parry' someone's mental attack or 'stab' at someone using an ethereal sword?
    Could you then say that an elder mage from World of Darkness could use arcane magic to alter their spells and make them not Shaping attacks?

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post

Could you then say that an elder mage from World of Darkness could use arcane magic to alter their spells and make them not Shaping attacks?
      If an Arete 5 Technocrat fires a pistol at you using Forces 5 and Entropy 5, is it a shaping attack, or a direct attack?

Comment

Originally posted by Accelerator View Post
        If an Arete 5 Technocrat fires a pistol at you using Forces 5 and Entropy 5, is it a shaping attack, or a direct attack?
        Probably not shaping, but I was thinking like aging somebody 10,000 years, or melting their bones into jelly, but just making it not shaping. In the way that a Solar would use a charm to swing a sword and make it an ethereal concept attack through some Occult charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
          Actually, a reread of the Third Edition version of Integrity-Protecting Prana shows this to not be the case.
          The protections being discussed are now Destiny-Manifesting Method, yes.

Based on my understanding that Ascension doesn’t even try to not be made entirely of BS, my guess is that this exact Prime spell is in fact probably buried somewhere in How Do You Do That.

Comment

IMO, the loss of it contributed to the long term decline of the Exalted RPG.

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...=exalted%20rpg

https://trends.google.com/trends/exp...exalted%20game

Comment

That’s not what those links show though.

Comment

If your powers could in any way be construed as a shaping effect though? There's a 3m charm that lasts 24 hours and negates it. It's just kind of a weird mismatch where a foe that can level a hundred truck-busting punches at you in a second is deadly as fuck, but a blast of destabilizing radiation, or time shenanigans, or transmutation magic, or whatever is a joke.
                You do have to consider IPP in that it was written to be useful in a Charmset where you can go "I spend 2m to use Seven Shadows Evasion, and a smile cockily as I Perfect Dodge the infinite damage attack, which is a level 1 stunt so I restore 2m."

Originally posted by theoutlander523 View Post
                Hell, I don't think you can even download the First Edition Errata anymore.
                Does anyone want that?

Because I have it on zipdisk.
                Last edited by JohnDoe244; 01-13-2021, 06:46 PM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

I found a copy of the errata actually. Took a while, but it exists in the old archives.

Check out my Sorcerer 20th homebrew and my update to Highlander: the Gathering for 20th Anniversary edition.

Comment

Working...
                  X