Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any VTTs with solid Exalted 3rd support?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any VTTs with solid Exalted 3rd support?

I've not been paying much attention to Exalted for a while, but I'd like to get back into it. In the covid world, all my games are online-only, so I'm interested in virtual table-top support for Exalted 3. I don't suppose I'd need much more than solid character sheets and a dice-roller.

Roll20 has a Solars sheet but it hasn't been touched in a couple of years and there's no dragon-blood or lunars support.

Is there anything good out there?

I've been running on Roll20 and the 3E sheet I found has drop downs for DB at least and does correctly calculate essence.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

Thanks SamuraiMujuru for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. I didn't spot the Dragon Blooded being in there, that's good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Aardvark View Post
        Thanks SamuraiMujuru for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it. I didn't spot the Dragon Blooded being in there, that's good to know.
        No problem!

As far as dice go, the Sidekick dicebot for discord works pretty well with a little fiddling.

Exalted Behind a Screen of Jade, Savant of the Immaculate Texts, No Moon Scholar, Good Sitting Dog, Best Lurking Cat with Bones, Pioneer Pooch, Corsair, Director, Keeper of the Karstein Manor, Scion with Shield of Knowledge, Erymanthian Boar, Seeking Awakened, Cloaked Changeling, Family Head, Kindred, Agent, Poltergeist, Disciple of the Antler Crown, Wraith, Conspiracy Theorist, First Time Traveler

Comment

I believe Astral Tabletop has some kind of semi-official support? I've never used it myself.

Comment

Ive done Discord and just told everyone we're using the honor system.

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
            -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
              Ive done Discord and just told everyone we're using the honor system.

For me it isn't about trust - it is about support. My fellow players are not big on "knowing the first thing about the rules", so I need to help them as we get into new systems. A shared view of a character sheet is really vital to that.

Comment

Originally posted by DrLoveMonkey View Post
                I believe Astral Tabletop has some kind of semi-official support? I've never used it myself.

I was hopeful, so I tried it out and, it has an Exalted logo on the front page, it has Exalted 3E in the "Create Character" menu, but when I selected it, I was presented with "No Template" and given a blank page. I might be missing something but...

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Aardvark View Post

I was hopeful, so I tried it out and, it has an Exalted logo on the front page, it has Exalted 3E in the "Create Character" menu, but when I selected it, I was presented with "No Template" and given a blank page. I might be missing something but...
                  No, that was my problem with astral too. It says it supports it, but its basically support in the same way that a basketball can be used in place of a soccer ball.*

*Possible, and doable with some finagling, but not clearly not what's its for or trying to do.

Comment

Originally posted by nalak42 View Post

No, that was my problem with astral too. It says it supports it, but its basically support in the same way that a basketball can be used in place of a soccer ball.*

*Possible, and doable with some finagling, but not clearly not what's its for or trying to do.
                    Yeah, the blank page as "universal character sheet" might be 'technically correct' but also makes me wish boils upon them.

Comment

I've enjoyed a combination of Discord, Dicebot and Lot-Casting Atemi, and liked that quite a lot more than Roll20, obviously YMMV.

Comment

Originally posted by SamuraiMujuru View Post
                        I've been running on Roll20 and the 3E sheet I found has drop downs for DB at least and does correctly calculate essence.
                        I'm also running on roll20, but I didn't think the character sheet was functional. I've got things set up decently, but I had to write a few macros to make things like die rolling smoother.

Comment

I've had a chat with one of my players about cobbling together an environment and their reaction was a sigh and "can't we just play something else where this just works?" So... I guess Exalted goes back on the shelf again.

Even if it isn't going to work out, my thanks for the help and ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
                            I've enjoyed a combination of Discord, Dicebot and Lot-Casting Atemi, and liked that quite a lot more than Roll20, obviously YMMV.
                            Same. It works well for both voice and PBP in my experience. Sometimes with Roll20 for battlemaps sectioned into rough range bands, sometimes without. Roll20 maps can be good for geography stuff too.

Comment

There's a literal Exalted 3rd Edition virtual table-top download available in the Virtual Table Top game available on Steam. It does require everyone to buy the game, but the mod is free, has a lot of rules, charts, dice, and play aids, and has a pretty cool slew of backgrounds and virtual effects.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2...top_Simulator/

https://exalted-golden-shackles-iron...dianportal.com Visit Golden Shackles, Iron Crowns; a 3rd Edition Exalted Campaign ongoing since 2014

Comment

Working...
                              X