Centipede Style?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centipede Style?

Whenever I'm working on a new character, I keep getting pulled towards Centipede Style, and I honestly can't quite put my finger on why. My gut keeps telling me it'll be fun and effective, but... my gut also said the same about Fire Dragon Style at first. Am I crazy here, or is it worth investing in? (Alongside, say, Snake or Steel Devil)
    • Blurring Scurry Prana strikes me as not that great-- rushing hasn't been that common in my experience thus far
    • Motion of Myriad Legs does strike me as pretty great, since it's sort of a cheaper Essence 1 version of Iron Whirlwind.
    • Chitinous Centipede Shell is...mostly a better version of Durability of Oak Meditation? It won't reduce decisive damage, but it gives more soak (effectively) and hardness.
    • Centipede Form gets a shrug; none of the benefits really stand out but there are quite a few decent little ones.
    • Hundred-Leg Embrace doesn't appeal, probably because I don't have enough experience with grappling to get a gut feeling on Ninety-Nine More.
    • Tenacious Centipede Technique is cheap and negates everything but onslaught penalties, basically, which is... eh, but up to 3 extra dice of withering damage for 2m sure is nice.
    • Venom-Dripping Mandible doesn't feel that great by itself
    • Agony-of-One-Hundred-Hells Technique looks utterly brutal, to say nothing of having one of my favorite Charm names in the edition.
    • Numberless Blows Technique seems like it'll mess you the hell up.

What splat were you thinking of using it with? Solar? It and Snake together would be a lot of fun I'd guess, wither while ignoring soak via Snake and then use Centipede's various decisive charms to finish the job.
    Last edited by Moss Reynholm; 10-24-2020, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moss Reynholm View Post
      What splat were you thinking of using it with? Solar? It and Snake together would be a lot of fun I'd guess, wither while ignoring soak via Snake and then use Centipede's various decisive charms to finish the job.
      Solar, yeah, mixing with Snake and a bit of Golden Janissary for thematic reasons. My starting combat loadout is:
      • Blurring Scurry Prana, Chitinous Centipede Shell, and Motion of Myriad Legs from Centipede
      • Striking Cobra Technique, Serpentine Evasion, and Snake Form from Snake
      • Where-Is-Doom-Inquisition and Rotten Leaf Arrested from Golden Janissary.

Comment

Well, I sure as hell wouldn't want to face that if I were a creature of darkness...

That looks pretty lethal against most non-PC things to me. 3 MAs is a hella lot of resources , but you'll know that. Should be fun!

Comment

Working...
        X