Blood-apes' Second Circle progenitor?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blood-apes' Second Circle progenitor?

Trying to find a book/page reference for blood-apes' Second Circle progenitor. MoEP: Infernals says they're ultimately from Malfeas, and wikis say they're from Sondok, but none of Sondok's or the blood-apes' write-ups mention it.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

None. I don't remember seeing any.

Comment

I don’t think it was that they were ever explicated as Sondok’s, just so much as popular fanon.

He/him

Comment

Yeah, Bloodapes were never given a demon they descended from officially. There are stories that say they were planned to be Sondok's, but nothing concrete.

Comment

I've always run Blood Apes and Neomah as the "red blood cells" of Malfeas. They are spawned by the place itself and if any of the bigwig named Demons make some than its just a variation on the basic theme. Octavian's blood apes have an Octovianish look about them, etc.

That's why Anhules became my favorite, because canon there's like 10 types of them.

Please be warned: this is not champagne, this is most likely a duck.
          -Chausse

Message me for Japanese translations.

Comment

Originally posted by Sorcerous Overlord View Post
            I've always run Blood Apes and Neomah as the "red blood cells" of Malfeas. They are spawned by the place itself and if any of the bigwig named Demons make some than its just a variation on the basic theme. Octavian's blood apes have an Octovianish look about them, etc.

That's why Anhules became my favorite, because canon there's like 10 types of them.
            Yeah. Malfeas is weird by most standards. Demons are there and can be spawned by 'natural phenomena'. Or at least, what passes for natural in Malfeas.

Comment

There's a 2E Charm that's something like, if you PD Malfeas that also applies to all the demons down stream of him that I think specifies Ligier > Sondok > Blood Apes. Think it's Lords. Might be Glories. But my memory of 2E sources is hazy.

It's Yozi Fighting Principle, but it doesn't mention Blood Apes.
              Last edited by JohnDoe244; 10-24-2020, 11:45 AM.

Hi, I'm JohnDoe244. My posts represent my opinions, not facts.

Comment

I'm uncertain on that - i vaguely remember some on either MoEP: Infernals or SoCD: Malfeas about some demons being spawned by "natural" processes, emotional manifestations or urges of the Yozis, even if the souls that originally formed those races are gone and citing blood apes being birthed from burst of rage as an example (also kind of indirectly implying the original direct demonic progenitor of them might be long gone).

Comment

I think people might have been going by this as a statement of author intent.
                  Last edited by Lioness; 10-25-2020, 11:13 AM.

Onyx Path Forum Moderator
                  Please spare a thought for updating the Exalted wiki.

Comment

Working...
                  X