Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Artificer's Workshop

Hello,

As part of my on-going efforts to immerse myself in the systems and lore of Exalted, I have been building a collection of home brewed artifacts. Since this is more material than I will likely ever use in game, I am posting here!

Most of these are only have a few evocations, and some of these only have some raw ideas that need development.

Feedback is appreciated. I am especially interested in evocation costing and balance, background ratings, and ideas for new evocations.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Reighnhell; 10-24-2020, 04:18 PM.

The Artificer's Workshop - A collection of Exalted Artifacts
    Curios, Relics, and Tomes - A collection of Relics (Cursed and Otherwise)
    The Horror Lab - A collection of Beasts, Monsters and less definable things.
    Strange Places - A collection of Dark, Mysterious, and Wondrous Locations
    Twilight Menagerie - A collection of Ephemeral Entities

Ashen Wind
    (Soulsteel Daiklave, Artifact ●●●)
    Ashen Wind is a soulsteel daiklave with red jade accents that was forged from the souls of the mutilated and burned victims of the deathlord known as the First and Forsaken Lion. The weapon was gifted to a favored lieutenant who carries it into battle. When its power is called upon, greasy smoke that smells of charred flesh rises from the blade and it becomes warm to the touch. While only created within the last few years, the artifact has already served it’s wielder well, and grows stronger with every conquest.
    Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+3ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 5)
    Tags: Lethal, Melee, Balanced
    Hearthstone slot(s): 2
    Era: Time of Tumult

Evocations of Ashen Wind

Passive: An Exalt who attunes to Ashen Wind become resistant to wind-borne irritants and foul vapors (such as ash, dust, smoke, putrescence, gaseous poisons, or airborne contagions), re-rolling (Essence) failed dice on rolls to resist or mitigate the effects of such phenomena. If the wielder is Resonant with soulsteel they may roll (3 or Essence) dice, whichever is higher.

FADING EMBER STROKE
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 1
    Type: Supplemental
    Keywords: Decisive-only, Resonant
    Duration: Instant
    Prerequisites: None
    When the flame of life has burned down to cooling embers, the wielder of Ashen Wind moves to snuff them out entirely. If her opponent has as already suffered 3+ levels of lethal damage, she doubles 10s on a decisive damage roll.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, that may re-roll (Essence) 1’s on a decisive damage roll.

ILL WIND RISING
    Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 1
    Keywords: Decisive-only
    The wielder can direct a powerful gust of gritty smoke at her foes. A decisive attack made with Ashen Wind supplemented by this Evocation may be made at up to short range. If she deals damage, she may knock her enemy prone and hurl him one range band away from her.

PYRE SMOKE ASPHYXIATION
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 2
    Type: Simple
    Keywords: Resonant
    Duration: (Essence +3) turns
    Prerequisites: Ill Wind Rising
    By intensifying the smoke generated by Ashen Wind, the wielder can blanket an area in choking smog. A cloud of smoke radiates out from Ashen Wind out to Medium Range. This area becomes an Environmental Hazard that deals 2i/round and has a difficulty (Essence) to resist. The wielder (and any ghosts, undead, or Abyssal Exalted)are immune to the effects of this Evocation. If targets in the affected are in Initiative Crash, the damage becomes 1B/round.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, characters within the area of the cloud also suffer a-2 penalty to visual Awareness rolls.

MAELSTROM OF THE DEAD
    Cost: 15m, 2i, 1wp; Mins: Essence 4
    Keywords: Perilous, Resonant
    Prerequisites: Fading Ember Stroke, Pyre Smoke Asphyxiation
    Ashen Wind can call forth a storm from the underworld. The area surrounding the wielder out to long range is beset by driving rainfall black as ink, otherworldly howling winds, and an irritating grit of ash and bone dust. This area becomes an Environmental Hazard that deals (Essence)i/round and has a difficulty (Essence) to resist. If targets in the affected are in Initiative Crash, the damage becomes (½ Essence, rounded up)B/round. The wind and rain also impose a -2 penalty to visual and auditory Awareness rolls, and a -2 penalty on ranged attacks made into or from the area. The wielder of Ashen Wind is not immune to this Evocation, but they (and any ghosts, undead, or Abyssal Exalted) reduce all damage and penalties by half (rounded down).
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, the effected area is considered a shadowland for the duration of the Evocation.

Black Riptide
    (Black Jade Daiklave, Artifact ●●●)
    Black Riptide is a Daiklave crafted of Black jade with accents of white and blue jade and adorned with white pearls. Crafted in the waning days of the Shogunate, Black Riptide carries the power of an elemental spirit that was defeated by Exalted craftsmen and its essence poured into the blade. As such, it only reveals its true strength when re-united with water. For a time it was carried by Anson Dao, an admiral that served under Tepet himself. In the centuries since it has served many scions of House Tepet and was last seen in a family armory in a threshold satrap.
    Hearthstone slot(s): 1
    Era: Shogunate – Fall of the Shogunate

Evocations of Black Riptide

Passive: A Water-Aspected Dragon-Blooded or member of House Tepet who attunes to Black Riptide awakens Invincible Fathom Soul at no cost.

INVINCIBLE FATHOM SOUL
    Cost: 2m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 1
    Duration: One Scene
    Black Riptide draws power from manifestations of water. As long as the wielder stands at least ankle-deep in water she adds (Essence) to her natural soak and gains (Essence) Hardness.
    Special: A Water Aspected Dragon Blooded is considered to be standing in water when their Anima Banner is at Burning.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade, increase the amount of natural soak gained by 2.

BRUTAL UNDERTOW ASSAULT
    Cost: 3m; Mins: Essence 2
    Prerequisites: Invincible Fathom Soul
    With a telling blow, the wielder can fill the lungs and throat of any enemy with water, effectively drowning them. Her decisive attack doubles 10s on its damage roll and adds (her foe’s wound penalty/2, rounded up) bonus dice of damage. If she deals 3+ levels of damage, her foe begins to suffocate as the moisture within their body increases, raising his wound penalty by one until the scene ends. Foes that do not breathe or are immune to drowning are immune to this Evocation.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade, this Evocation is effective against enemies that would normally be immune to drowning or suffocation (including spirits, water-aspect Dragon Blooded, and aquatic creatures)

WATER ERODES STONE
    Cost: 3m, 2i; Mins: Essence 2
    Keywords: Withering-only, Resonant
    Water penetrates everything in time. Black Riptide calls upon this principle to seep through an enemies defenses. Withering attacks supplemented with this evocation may use the Piercing Tag and increase its Overwhelming value by (½ Essence, rounded up). If her enemy is crashed by this attack, he suffers an additional (Essence) dice of decisive lethal damage, ignoring Hardness.
    Special: If the wielder's opponent is dripping wet, submerged in water or otherwise drenched in liquid, the wielder may ignore the Initiative cost for this Evocation.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade, increase the amount of Overwhelming value by (Essence).

WAVE GATHERING METHOD
    Cost: 4m, 2i; Mins: Essence 2
    Keywords: Resonant,Uniform
    With a gesture, the wielder may gather a manifestation of water into a wave and send it against her foes. As long as the wielder stands at least ankle-deep in water she may make a withering or decisive smash attack with no initiative cost or Defense penalty. If it hits a target at close range, all other opponents at close range must roll (Strength + Athletics) at a difficulty of (3 or Essence, whichever is higher) or be knocked back one range band away from the wielder. In addition, the wielder may unleash this power as a feat of demolition (Exalted, pp. 229) with (Essence) bonus dice to destroy an object within two range bands range bands that’s not being carried.
    Special: A Water Aspected Dragon Blooded is considered to be standing in water when their Anima Banner is at Burning.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade, the difficulty to resist being knocked back becomes (2+Essence)

STIR THE TIDES
    cause massive turbulence in bodies of water
    -Work in Progress

Equinox
    (Orichalcum Powerbow, Artifact ●●●)
    Equinox was crafted during the height of the First Age, and was wielded by the Zenith Dimas Rai. The weapon was given to him as a gift by his companion Karina Snowfall, a Lunar craftswoman of noted skill. The bow is primarily made of orichalcum, but includes a significant portion of moonsilver to grant it the ability to shift between several forms. This versatility was used to great effect by Dimas, who was devoted to battling the enemies of Creation wherever they dwelled. Centuries later after the Usurpation the weapon was used by Lunar Exalted in their protracted struggle against the Shogunate and later the Scarlet Empire. Its current whereabouts are unknown.
    Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium Archery (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
    Range: Close -1, Short +5, Medium +3, Long +1, Extreme -1*
    Tags: Lethal, Archery(Long)
    Era: First Age – Solar Deliberative

Evocations of Equinox

Passive: As an Instant action, an Exalted who is attuned to Equinox may alter its form, transforming it into a Longfang (or back into a Powerbow). As a Longfang, Equinox has the following traits;
    Type: Medium Melee (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
    Tags: Lethal, Melee, Thrown (Short), Piercing
    Regardless of form, Equinox retains its Attunement and Hearthstone placement (if any).In addition, due to its composite nature, Lunar Exalted are resonant with Equinox.

SUN AND MOON UNITY
    Cost: -; Mins: Essence 1
    Type: Permanent
    Keywords: None
    Duration: Permanent
    Equinox was not only a weapon against the enemies of creation, but a symbol of boundless love and unbreakable loyalty between Dimas Rai and Karina Snowfall. The Evocation allows a Solar and their Lunar mate to share the attunement cost of the Artifact. As long as each Exalt commits at least one point to the total attunement cost, both are considered attuned to the artifact and may use this Evocation. All other Evocations must be purchased individually and separately.
    Special: Dragon Blooded may use this Evocation with members of a Sworn Kinship, allowing each member to attune to Equinox, so long a they commit at least one mote to the attunement.

BLAZING ELECTRUM STRIKE
    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 1
    Equinox radiates a brilliant white light and it's strikes (either at range or in melee) land with a force that slices through armor like it were paper. Decisive attacks made with Equinox ignore (higher of Essence or Perception) points of Hardness from armor, either worn or natural.
    Resonant: If an enemy is killed by this attack, the wielder may choose to spend a mote of essence to make the corpse burst into flames, reducing it to ashes and laying it’s soul to rest.

DEMON HUNTERS GAZE
    Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
    Keywords: Resonant, Uniform
    Prerequisites: Blazing Electrum Arrow
    The enemies of creation cannot hide from the piercing eyes and unerring aim of Equinox’s wielder. She may ignore up to (Essence) points of penalty when making a ranged attack, re-rolling up to (Essence) 1’s on the attack roll. Against Creatures of Darkness, the wielder may reroll 1’s on the attack roll until they no longer appear.
    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum or moonsilver, they may reroll 1’s and 2’s until they no longer appear against Creatures of Darkness.
    Last edited by Reighnhell; 10-25-2020, 03:29 AM. Reason: edits based on feedback.

Comment

• Ashen Wind Passive: A little weak. I'd go with something like rerolling (Essence) failed dice on such rolls. If the wielder is resonant, then increase to (3 or Essence, higher)
      • Pyre Smoke Asphyxiation: I highly recommend not to make the damage 1B/turn. Make it only do bashing if a target is in crash.
      • Maelstrom of the Dead: See above.
      • Invincible Fathom Soul: This is a lot of soak, especially since this is natural and that will stack with armoured. I think it should have the Perilous tag.
      • Water Erodes Stone: Is the piercing tag automatically applied during the attack or do you need to pay the 1i and one defence cost? Also holy shit that's a lot of overwhelming. I'd probably only make it (Some attribute or Essence, higher) instead.
      • Wave Gathering Method: Does the smash attack still need to pay initiative? I'd also make the difficulty to resist the AoE knockback (Essence or 3, higher) and make the (Essence + 3) thing a resonant bonus. Otherwise I think this is a really cool charm.
      • Demon Hunters Gaze: This charm is basically Accuracy Without Distance/Hunters Eye and Sight Without Eyes for a cheaper price. What's the justification for this?

I mean otherwise I like the artifacts. Good fluff and good ideas in them.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
      Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

Sandact6 - Thanks for the feedback - exactly what I was looking for. I remember having some trouble with Demon's Hunters Gaze - I wanted something that allows the wielder enhanced accuracy against Creature of Darkness, and went with the mechanics that came to mind. Any suggestions for a different way to model this idea?

Comment

A simple way would be ignoring up to (Essence) points of penalties on a ranged attack roll, and any penalty points not reduced can be used to reroll dice on the attack roll (Starting with 6s and moving down). Against creatures of darkness you could count your Essence as two points higher for the purposes of rerolled dice.

Something off the top of my head anywho.

Read my shit at my homebrew topic, 2.5e and 3e material!
          Play Alchemical's in 3e now, you're welcome.

Comment

RE: Demon Hunter's Gaze

I made some adjustments. Still not quite comfortable with the best use for some of the dice tricks are, but I think this version is better balanced.

Also posting a few more Artifacts below.

Garadan’s Ember
            (Red Jade Reaper Daiklave, Artifact ●●●)
            Crafted of dark red jade and inlaid with orichalcum, the reaper daiklave Garadan’s Ember bears the name and smoldering anger of it maker and first wielder, Cathak Garadan. Garadan, even as a child, was known for his surly disposition and a temper that could explode into a blistering rage with little provocation. Being sent to study with Immaculate Monks helped Garadan gain control over his anger, but even with admirable discipline and self control, he still struggled with his turbulent emotions. Crafting Garadan’s Ember allowed him to displace his fury into the weapon, finally achieving peace of mind. Garadan’s Ember still retains the anger of its creator, but now that anger serves at the wielder's command.
            Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+3ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
            Era: Reign of the Scarlet Empress – Fall of House Manosque

Evocations of Garadan’s Ember

Passive: When engaging an opponent who the wielder has a Minor, Major or Defining tie of Anger (or similar emotion) against, the wielder may spend one mote to ignite the weapon’s for a scene, wreathing it in flames that add +1 Overwhelming. A weapon disarmed with the ignited Garadan’s Ember overheats, dealing one die of decisive lethal damage to the first character to touch it during the scene, ignoring Hardness.

STOKING RAGE
            Cost: 1m, 2i; Mins: Essence 1
            Type: Reflexive
            The Exalt can briefly stoke their anger into a towering fury, but find themselves emotionally spent in the aftermath. This Evocation strengthens the level of an Anger (or similar emotion) based Intimacy by one (Minor Intimacies become Major, Major Intimacies become Defining, and Defining Intimacies gain an additional die when relevant). After this Evocation is used, all emotion-based Intimacy levels weaken by one until the end of the scene.
            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade, after the Evocation is used, anger-based Intimacies remain heightened until the end of the scene.

IMMOLATING WRATH
            Keywords: Withering -only, Resonant
            The blazing heat channeled through Garadan’s Ember can set enemies aflame. This Evocation may be activated after the wielder crashes her opponent with Garadan’s Ember to engulf the foe in fire, suffering (Essence) further dice of lethal damage each turn until he extinguishes himself. This damage ignores Hardness.
            Special: A Fire Aspect Dragon Blooded may use this Evocation for one mote less and one initiative less when their Anima Banner is at Burning.
            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade the damage dice dealt is (Essence or Intimacy, whichever is greater).

STEEL MELTING TEMPER
            Keywords: Decisive -only
            Prerequisites: Immolating Wrath, Stoking Rage
            The Exalt can channel her fury into the edge of Garadan’s Ember, burning through flesh and metal as if it were wax. By channeling a Tie of anger (not necessarily one directed at that specific opponent), she may ignore (Intimacy) points of Hardness. After this Evocation is used, the channeled Tie lowers its intensity by one for the remainder of the scene. In addition, the wielder may use this Evocation as a feat of demolition (Exalted, pp. 229) with (Intimacy) bonus dice to cut down or slice through destroy an object.
            Special: A Fire Aspect Dragon Blooded may use this Evocation for two motes less when their Anima Banner is at Burning.

Breath of Sorrows
            (Red Jade Mask, Artifact ●●●)
            Breath of Sorrows is a red jade mask, sculpted into a demonic leering grin, with accents of orichalcum tarnished green with age and otherworldly influence. To the savants that study artifacts, Breath of Sorrows is a mystery. Its creator and age are unknown. What is known is that its distinctive Evocations have been witnessed multiple times over the millennium. It’s earliest documented use was by a crusading Zenith who unleashed its power against the sorcerer Hadar Maq during the height of the First Age. It was later used by a dragon-blooded daimyo during the Shogunate, and was claimed as spoils of war after the defeat of the Anathema Esra Dune during the reign of the Scarlet Empress. It is rumored to currently be in the possession of a scion of House Mnemon.
            Attunement: 4m
            Era: First Age

Evocations of Breath of Sorrows

Passive: An Exalt that is resonant with Jade or Orichalcum who attunes to Breath of Sorrows awakens Ebony Shroud Miasma at no cost. Once attuned, the wearer gains a minor Intimacy (Possession) towards Breath of Sorrows.

EBONY SHROUD MIASMA
            Cost: 4m, Mins: Essence 1
            Breath of Sorrows spews out a cloud of acrid black vapor and obscures everything within short range. The miasma burns the eyes, sinuses and skin; imposing a −3 penalty on visual and olfactory Awareness checks and a −1 penalty on tactile Awareness checks. The cloying mist is resistant to attempts to disperse it, but stunted uses of wind effects can remove turns from Ebony Shroud Miasma’s duration.
            Resonant: The wearer of Breath of Sorrows may spend an additional 4 motes to extend the effect of Ebony Shroud Miasma to medium range.

BURNING DEMON EXHALATION
            Cost: 2m, 1i; Mins: Essence 2
            Prerequisites: Ebony Shroud Miasma
            Breath of Sorrows can spit forth a gout of fire at its wearer’s command. The flames burn in the colors of the wearers anima. Once this evocation is learned, the wearer may make attacks with Breath of Sorrows using the traits of an artifact medium archery weapon with the Lethal, Archery (Short) and Flame tags. The wearer pays the Evocations cost to reflexively “reload” Burning Demon Exhalation.
            Resonant: Breath of Sorrows gains the Archery (Medium) tag instead.

TEN-THOUSAND WING PLAGUE
            Cost: 10m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
            Keywords: Decisive-Only
            Prerequisites: Burning Demon Exhalation
            Breath of Sorrows embodies its name, breathing out a swarm of wasps formed from the wearers anima. The ravenous creatures descend upon the opponent in a stinging, biting cloud. This Evocation can be used to make an (Stamina + Survival + Essence) attack roll to enact a difficulty 3 gambit against an enemy out to medium range. Success covers the enemy in a swarm of insects that are treated as an environmental hazard, with damage 1L/round and difficulty 3 to avoid. Each round that the victim fails his roll to resist, he takes a -2 penalty on all other dice rolls that turn. The victim and his allies may attempt to destroy the insects with their own attacks, which is treated as a difficulty 3 gambit. A successful gambit reduces the hazard’s difficulty by one, and the swarm disperses once the difficulty is lowered to zero.
            This Evocation can only be used once per scene, unless reset by regaining 15+ Initiative.
            Special: Awakening this Evocation increases the Intimacy(Possession) towards Breath of Sorrows to major.
            Last edited by Reighnhell; 10-25-2020, 04:00 AM.

Comment

Today's items. As always, feedback is welcome.

Aurora Arise
              (Moonsilver Grimcleaver, Artifact ●●●)
              During the First Age, a daring raksha calling himself “The Prince of the Diamond Crown”, built a grand kingdom in the far north, conquering land and devouring souls with rapacious abandon. Tal Windsong, a Full Moon warrior, was one of a band of heroes to oppose the Fair Folk Prince, and Aurora Arise was his weapon. Infused with the brilliance of the dancing aurora and the biting severity of the northern wind, the weapon was used to cut down The Prince of the Diamond Crown himself. The weapon has remained with the inheritors of Windsong’s Exaltation, passing faithfully from incarnation to incarnation.
              Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium Melee (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
              Tags: Lethal, Melee, Chopping
              Era: Shadow Deliberative – The Court of the Diamond Crown

Evocations of Aurora Arise

Passive: Aurora Arise possesses its own anima banner, with its totemic display depicting a dazzling manifesting of the northern lights in shades of silver, blue, and green. When its wielder Joins Battle or incapacitates a non-trivial enemy with Aurora Arise, its anima banner progresses one level. Decisive attacks made with Aurora Arise ignore one point of Hardness for each level of its anima. At the end of a scene, its anima banner resets to dim.

GLEAM OF NORTHERN LIGHTS
              Keywords: Balanced, Resonant, Uniform
              Duration: Until next turn
              Aurora Arise becomes wreathed in gleaming lights that distract and confuse assailants. She may expend levels of Aurora Arises anima to gain a +1 bonus to Parry for each level expended. This bonus lasts until her next turn.
              Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Moonsilver, each use of this Evocation progresses Aurora Arise’s anima banner by one level.

MERCILESS GALE RUSH
              Prerequisites: Gleam of Northern Lights
              With the speed of the howling northern wind, the closes in for the kill. To use this Evocation, the wielder must be at Initiative 10+ and succeed on a rush. She makes a reflexive decisive attack against the rushed character, using her threshold successes on the rush roll in place of her attack roll. If this incapacitates her enemy, she may reflexively roll to rush another opponent in range. This Evocation doesn’t count as the wielder’s combat action for her turn.
              This Evocation can only be used once per scene, unless reset by gaining 15+ Initiative in a single tick.
              Resonant: If the wielder of Aurora Arise is resonant with Moonsilver, she rolls an additional die of damage on the decisive attack for each level of its anima.

DIAMOND SHATTERING BLOW
              Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
              Keywords: Decisive-only, Dissonant
              Prerequisites: Merciless Gale Rush
              By invoking the legend of Tal Windsong, the wielder of Aurora Arise can sunder the unbreakable. Her disarm gambit destroys a mundane weapon on a success. In addition, she may supplement a feat of demolition (Exalted, p. 229), doubling 9s and adding Aurora Arise’s anima level as bonus dice.
              If Aurora Arise’s anima is at bonfire or greater, the wielder may expend a level to target an artifact weapon with a supplemented disarm gambit, adding its rating to the gambit’s difficulty. Success fractures the weapon, breaking its wielder’s attunement and rendering the artifact unusable until repaired (Exalted, p. 242). Such repair projects only require a single successful roll, rather than an extended action.
              Dissonant: Aurora Arise’s anima must be at bonfire/iconic before it can be expended to target artifacts.

Bittertooth
              (Green Jade Hook Daiklave, Artifact ●●●)
              Bittertooth was a weapon presented to the second son of a Shogunate era Daimyo. This son was raised to serve as his brothers left hand, in charge of spying, extortion and assassination, all to secure his brother’s eventual rule. Crafted of dark green jade and quenched in the blood and venom of vipers, scorpions, and other toxic creatures, the blade remained at his side from that day forward. Despite arguments and disagreements between the brothers over the years, the younger brother never wavered in his love and commitment. The weapon was handed down over generations before vanishing during the Great Contagion. It was recovered from a Lunar Anathema's treasure hoard by a scion of House Tepet; spoils of a successful Wyld Hunt.

Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
              Tags: Lethal, Martial Arts, Disarming
              Era: Middle Shogunate – The Forgotten War

Evocations of Bittertooth

Passive: A wielder who attunes to Bittertooth awakens Scorpion’s Bitter Sting at no cost. If the wielder is resonant with green jade, they gain a +1 bonus to resist the effects of poison, venom, and other toxins.

SCORPION’S BITTER STING
              Bittertooth drips with venom that seeps into the wounds of its enemies. A decisive attack supplemented by this evocation poisons its target on a successful hit. This toxin deals 2i/round (L in Crash) with a duration of [3 or Essence, whichever is higher] rounds and a penalty of -2.
              At Essence 3+, the toxin deals 2i/round (L in Crash) with a duration of [3+Essence] rounds and a penalty of -3.

SPITTING COBRA CASCADE
              Cost: 6m, 2i, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
              Keywords: Decisive-only, Perilous
              Prerequisite Charms: Scorpion’s Bitter Sting
              With a sharp flick of the wrist, the Exalt can unleash an arc of burning, poisonous Essence to strike an enemy at up to short range, adding (Essence) bonus successes on the attack roll and doubling 10s on damage. If this decisive attack damages its target, they are also suffer the effects of Bitter Sting.
              At Essence 4+, Poison Cascade can strike out to medium range if an aim action is used beforehand.

PHANTOM VIPER CUT
              Keywords: Withering-only, Perilous, Resonant
              Duration: Reflexive
              Prerequisite Charms: Scorpion’s Bitter Sting
              Bittertooth’s venom has grown potent enough to deliver its effect with simple contact; event the smallest of cuts inflicted on an opponent can deliver a crippling dose of poison. Whenever an attack made with Bittertooth crashes an opponent, this charm may be used to expose that opponent to a dose of poison as per Bitter Sting.
              Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade, increase the amount of Initiative gained from crashing an opponent by (wielder’s Essence or 3, whichever is higher).

TEN-THOUSAND VENOMS
              Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 3
              Prerequisites: Scorpion’s Bitter Sting
              This evocation permanently upgrades it’s prerequisite.
              The wielder gains greater control over the poison delivered by Scorpion’s Bitter Sting. The wielder may spend a two motes alter the toxin to deal 1L/minute with a duration of [Essence +3] minutes with a penalty of [Essence]

Comment

Boundless Kindness
                (Orichalcum Chain Shirt, Artifact ●●●)
                Boundless Kindness is the armor worn by the Kind Mother, a Dawn Caste martial artist and physician who lived during the First Age. Forged during her years as a wandering champion, the chain shirt has links woven almost as fine as cloth and is accented with starmetal and silk and has hearthstone clasp over the heart. The armor can call upon the love and mercy within the wearers spirit to defend them against those that would do them harm.
                Attunement: 4m; Type: Light Armor (+5 Soak, Hardness 4, -0 Mobility)
                Tags: Concealable
                Era: First Age – Second Deliberative

Evocations of Boundless Kindness

Passive: An Exalt who attunes to Boundless Kindness radiates strength, serenity, and merciful understanding. She may spend a mote to gain (Essence) bonus dice on Influence rolls to promote peace, harmony, friendship, or similar emotions. If the Exalt has a Major or Defining Intimacy for promoting values of peace and mercy, she doubles 9s.

MANTLE OF MERCY
                Cost: 2m; Mins: Essence 1
                Keywords: Dual, Resonant
                When the wearer of Boundless Kindness makes a withering attack, they may flurry Social Actions to Persuade an opponent to honor a truce, or Instill a Minor Intimacy towards kindness, peace or mercy. When the Exalt makes a decisive attack against a non-trivial opponent that incapacitates them without killing or maiming, they regain a point of Willpower.
                Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Orichalcum, her Initiative resets to (3+Essence) after a decisive attack that incapacitates a non-trivial opponent without killing or maiming them.

BOUNDLESS HEART RENEWAL
                Cost: —; Mins: Essence 1
                Prerequisites: Body Mending Meditation
                This Evocation upgrades Body-Mending Meditation (Exalted, p. 375). If the Exalt gains Willpower from hardship suffered while upholding a Major of Defining Intimacy, they may forgo the point of Willpower to instead add bonus dice equal to the intensity of the upheld principle to the roll to use Body Mending Meditation. The Evocation must be used within one day of when the Willpower point would have been gained.

ARMORED BY GRACE
                Cost: 2m, 1wp Mins: Essence 2
                Keywords:None
                Prerequisites: Mantle of Mercy
                The wearer can gird themselves in serenity to turn the blows of their adversaries. The wearer may channel an Intimacy related to peach, mercy, serenity, or similar concepts. The channeled Intimacy adds (Intimacy’s level) points to the armor’s soak value (two points for Minor, three points for Major, and four points for Defining Intimacies).

Emerald Aranea
                (Green Jade Silken Armor, Artifact ●●●●)
                Woven of feather light jade cloth and accented with orichalcum, this hooded shozoku was crafted using now-lost techniques and infused with the essence of deadly spiders gods. It was first worn by the Night Caste assassin Dara Jes during the First Age. Despite living in a time of relative peace, the Deliberative still had enemies that Dara Jes was glad to eliminate with quiet efficiency. Even after her passing, the inheritors of Dara’s Exaltation continued to use Emerald Aranea until it was stolen shortly before the Usurpation. After the Usurpation, the armor passed through the hands of Exalted killers and thieves for generations and is currently an heirloom treasure for a guild family operating out of Nexus.
                Attunement: 4m; Type: Light Armor (+5 Soak, Hardness 4, -0 Mobility)
                Tags: Silent, Special (doesn’t count as armor for the purpose of martial arts styles which cannot be practiced in armor)

Evocations of Emerald Aranea

Passive: An Exalt who attunes to Emerald Aranea awakens Dancing Spider Agility at no cost. At Essence 3 or higher, they gain a +1 bonus to Evasion.

DANCING SPIDER AGILITY
                Keywords: Mute, Resonant
                The wearer of Emerald Aranea displays amazing balance and agility. When making an Athletics roll to climb or jump (including rushing or disengaging), she doubles 9s.
                Resonant: If the wearer is resonant with Jade or Orichalcum, she doubles 8s and 9s.

WEB CRAWLING METHODOLOGY
                Cost: 3m, Mins: Essence 1
                Keywords: Mute
                Duration: (Essence +1) turns
                Prerequisites: Dancing Spider Agility
                Emerald Aranea uses essence to bond with surfaces, allowing the wearer allowing her to run up walls or stand upside down on horizontal surfaces that can support her weight. If the wearer is unable or unwilling to renew this effect, she may plummet and be subject to falling damage.
                Special: If the wearer posses a similar Charm or Ability (such as Spider Foot Style or Incense Smoke Ladder), they may add an additional (wearer’s Essence or 3, whichever is higher) rounds to that charms duration.

WIDOW-MAKER'S FANGS
                Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 2
                Emerald Aranea can manifest a set of blades over each fist, creating weapons with stats identical to a pair of razor claws (Exalted 3rd Edition pg. 594). The blades grow from the gauntlets of Emerald Aranea and are forged of green jade and orichalcum. At Essence 3 or higher, the blades created by Widow-Maker's Fangs gain the “Piercing” Tag.
                Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Jade or Orichalcum, the Evocation gains the “Mute” Keyword.

DEADLY EMERALD VENOM
                Cost: 3m, Mins: Essence 2
                Keywords: Decisive-only, Mute
                Prerequisites: Widow-Maker's Fangs
                This Evocation enhances Widow-Maker's Fangs, infusing them with venom akin to that of the deadliest arachnids. A decisive attack with Widow-Maker's Fangs supplemented by this Charm poisons its target on a successful hit. The poison deals 3i/round (lethal in Crash), lasts for three rounds, and imposes a −3 penalty.

VIBRATING THREAD AWARENESS
                Cost: 3m, Mins: Essence 2
                Keywords: Mute, Resonant
                Like a spider’s web, Emerald Aranea radiates invisible threads of essence that alert the wearer to danger and hostile intent. When she comes within short range of a hidden enemy or danger, she rolls (Perception + Awareness) with double 9s to detect it. In order for her to perceive concealed characters, they must have targeted the wearer with an ambush or surprise attack, or have a negative or opposing Intimacy in relation to the wearer or a Principle that the wearer upholds.
                Resonant: If the wearer is resonant with Jade or Orichalcum, if they are subject to an ambush or surprise attack their Defense may not be reduced to lower than (Defense /2) rounded up.

Comment

The Hands of Gen La
                  (Orichalcum Smashfist, Artifact ●●●)
                  At the dawn of the First Age, much of creation was an untamed place, populated savage beasts and monstrosities left behind in the wake of the Divine War. In this wilderness, settlers and survivors forged communities haphazardly, with any law and order being tenuous at best. Gen La was a Zenith Caste who sought to bring order to such lawlessly places, serving as sheriff, mediator, judge, and occasionally executioner wherever he went. Gen La was known to be a stern man, but wise and fair, and his martial arts prowess was second to none. He famously wore the paired gauntlets that would become known as The Hands of Gen La. The gauntlets are crafted from orichalcum, trimmed with black jade and extend almost to the elbow. The gauntlets passed to several of Gen La’s later incarnations before being entombed with their slain possessor during the Usurpation.
                  Attunement: 5m; Type: Light Melee (+5 ACC, +8 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)
                  Tags: Bashing, Brawl, Grappling, Martial Arts, Smashing, Worn
                  Era: First Age – Solar Deliberative

Evocations of The Hands of Gen La

Passive: Once attuned, the Gauntlet’s fit perfectly, regardless of the size and shape of the wielder. Smashing attacks made with the Hands of Gen La cost one Initiative (rather than the normal cost of two). In addition, the Hands of Gen La have the Martial Arts tag, and may be used with any martial art that allows unarmed attacks as a style weapon.

LAW BRINGER’S FIST
                  Keywords: Dissonant, Duel
                  Prerequisite Charms: None
                  Let those that stand against justice feel the wrath of Gen La. This Evocation supplements a withering or decisive attack. The wielder channels a positive Intimacy for law, order, justice or similar concepts into their fists. For withering attacks, they may add a number of raw damage dice equal to the channeled intimacy (two dice for Minor, three dice for Major, and four dice for Defining Intimacies). For decisive attacks, they may reroll a number of 1’s on the damage roll, up to the level of the channeled Intimacy.
                  Dissonant: If the wielder is dissonant with orichalcum, this Evocation can be used once per scene. This may be reset if an opponent is Crashed or incapacitated by damage caused by this Evocation.

DUE CONSEQUENCE UPPERCUT
                  Keywords: Withering-only
                  Prerequisite Charms: Law Bringer’s Fist
                  With a fist that rises like the sun, the Hand’s of Gen La leaves opponents reeling. This is a withering attack that adds [Essence] dice to raw pre-soak damage. If this attack puts the opponent into Initiative Crash, the wielder gains an additional [Essence] points of Initiative.

CONDEMNATION STRIKE
                  Prerequisite Charms: Due Consequence Uppercut
                  The Hand’s of Gen Law bring the overwhelming force of their judgment to the condemned. This Evocation supplements a decisive attack. If the attack is successful, she may channel a positive Intimacy for law, order, justice or similar concepts to add to the raw damage dice of this attack (two dice for Minor, three dice for Major, and four dice for Defining Intimacies). If that opponent is in Initiative Crash, add [Essence] additional damage dice.
                  Dissonant: If the wielder is dissonant with orichalcum, this Evocation can be used once per scene. This may be reset if an opponent is incapacitated by damage caused by this Evocation.

INVINCIBLE ARMS POSTURE
                  Prerequisite Charms: Law Bringer’s Fist
                  The nigh-invulnerable construction of the gauntlets allow the wielder to deflect almost any blow. When using Full Defense (Ex3, pg. 196), the wielders Defense instead increases by (3 or Essence, whichever is higher).
                  Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, using Full Defense does not cost a point of Initiative (but still may not be used while in Initiative Crash).

RAIN OF A THOUSAND HANDS TECHNIQUE
                  Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
                  Keywords: Decisive -Only, Resonant
                  Prerequisite Charms: Due Consequence Uppercut
                  The one wielding the Hands of Gen La unleashes a series of blows that land faster than an opponent can see or hope to counter. This Evocation creates a series of up to ([½ Essence, rounded up] +1) blows against a single target, dividing the Initiative evenly for each strike, rounded up. For each blow that lands, increase that targets Onslaught penalty by 1 (in addition to any onslaught penalties that would be incurred normally).
                  Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, double 9’s and 10’s on each decisive damage roll from this Evocation.

GEN LA’S FINAL VERDICT
                  Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 4
                  Keywords: Decisive -Only, Resonant
                  Prerequisite Charms: Rain of a Thousand Hands Technique
                  There is no reprieve from final judgment, in this world or the next. This Evocation supplements a decisive attack. Add [½ Essence, rounded up] successes to the decisive damage roll. If the opponent is slain by this attack, their corpse bursts into flame, sending their soul to Lethe and ensuring they do not return as one of the hungry dead.
                  Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, the added successes deal Aggravated damage against creatures of darkness.

Kissing Crimson
                  (Soulsteel Dagger, Artifact ●●●)
                  Kissing Crimson is rumored to have been forged for the hand of a courtesan-assassin in service to the Guildsmen of Nexus, an individual elusive enough that their name is lost to history. The weapon passed to a number of trusted and elite assassins over the years but went missing after its possessor was slain during a failed assignment. It’s current whereabouts are unknown. Kissing Crimson is a long soulsteel knife that tapers to a keen point. It is adorned with rubies and its hilt is wrapped in fine red leather.

Attunement: 5m; Type: Light Melee (+5 ACC, +8 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 3)
                  Tags: Lethal, Melee, Concealable, Throwing (Short)
                  Era: Reign of the Scarlet Empress – the Fourth River Venture

Evocations of Kissing Crimson

Passive: Once attuned, wounds caused by Kissing Crimson bleed profusely. Exalted and beings with Exalted Healing bleed as if they were mortal from such injuries. If the target is mortal, Medicine rolls to staunch the bleeding suffer a -1 penalty. Beings that do not bleed or have no blood (or it’s nearest equivalent) are immune to this effect.

SEEK THE OPEN VEIN
                  Keywords: Decisive-only, Mute, Resonant
                  Kissing Crimson awakens when blood is spilled, and seeks out more. If her opponent is suffering a wound penalty of -2 or greater and has taken at least one level of lethal damage, the wielder may re-roll (Essence) 1’s on a decisive damage roll. Beings that do not bleed or have no blood (or it’s nearest equivalent) are immune to this effect.
                  Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, their opponent does not need to have suffered any lethal damage to use this Evocation.

BENEATH THE SKIN
                  Keywords: Decisive-only, Mute
                  At the wielders command, the wound inflicted by Kissing Crimson leave no external markings. Even telling, fatal blows leave nary a bruise or scratch. The target still feels the pain of the injury, and will continue to suffer the effects of bleeding and risk of infection. Any attempts to discern the cause or administer a treatment for the injury suffer a penalty equal to the wielders Essence.

BLOOD CONQUERS BREATH
                  Prerequisites: Beneath the Skin
                  Blood drawn but with no where to go fills the victims lungs. The wielder’s decisive attack double 10’s. If she deals 3+ levels of damage, her foe begins to suffocate as blood that would have otherwise spilled is redirected to the lungs and air passages of his body, raising his wound penalty by one and inflecting a -1 penalty to his Initiative each round until the scene ends. Beings that do not bleed or have no blood (or it’s nearest equivalent) are immune to this effect.

SANGUINE SHEATH
                  Cost: 3m (+1lhl); Mins: Essence 2
                  Prerequisites: Beneath the Skin
                  The wielder may dismiss Kissing Crimson into her own blood. As long as the wielder has suffered at least one lethal wound (which may be self-inflicted as part of activating this Evocation), she may plunge the weapon into the spilled blood, banishing it Elsewhere. Alternatively, she may recall the weapon in a similar fashion.
                  Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Soulsteel, she may dismiss or recall Kissing Crimson through any significant amount of spilled blood (not necessarily her own).

SCARLET EFFIGY TECHNIQUE
                  Prerequisites: Sanguine Sheath, Seek the Open Vein
                  By driving the point of Kissing Crimson into a quantity of blood, the wielder may transmit her murderous intent to the individual that blood belonged to. The blood must be liquid, no more than one day old and the target can be no further distance than a days ride from the wielder. This attack is treated as a Hazard that deals 2+[Essence] Lethal damage as an Instant action to it’s intended victim and may be mitigated with (Stamina+Resistance) against a (1+Essence, Maximum 5) Difficulty. Affected targets gain phantom wounds on their bodies as if they had been directly slashed and stabbed. This Evocation can be used once per scene; the targeted blood evaporates and any subsequent attacks will require a fresh sample.

CONCEALED BLADE TREACHERY
                  Cost: 8m; Mins: Essence 4
                  Prerequisites: Scarlet Effigy Technique
                  Through the medium of it’s victim’s blood, Kissing Crimson may be called back to it’s wielder's hand. If the wielder has used Sanguine Sheath to conceal Kissing Crimson, she may recall the weapon to her hand by rolling (Perception + Thrown) as an unblockable decisive attack against an enemy at up to Short range. If successful, Kissing Crimson rips free from the victim’s body and flies back to its wielder. The wielder may re-roll (Essence) 6’s on the decisive damage roll. Beings that do not bleed or have no blood (or it’s nearest equivalent) are immune to this effect.
                  Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Soulsteel, she may target opponents at up to Medium range.
                  Last edited by Reighnhell; 10-29-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Gospel of Ruin
                    (Soulsteel Daiklave, Artifact ●●●)
                    The Gospel of Ruin is a daiklave crafted from soulsteel; elegantly designed and minimally adorned. It is a recently created weapon, created by forgemasters in service to the Bishop of the Chalcedony Thurible and made from the souls of nihilistic fanatics in service to the Bishop. The blade silently urges it’s wielder along the path of the Void. Gospel of Ruin was last seen accompanying a deathknight on her quest to conquer a kingdom in the northwest.
                    Era: Time of Tumult

Evocations of Gospel of Ruin

Passive: While attuned to Gospel of Ruin, the wielder awakens Paean to Darkness at no cost. They also hear the maddening mutters of dead zealots, and gain an Occult specialty in the Neverborn, even if they do not have dots in Occult.

PAEAN TO DARKNESS
                    Cost: 5m,1wp; Mins: Essence 1
                    By reflecting upon the utter nothingness at the end of all things, the wielder can draw from a wellspring of certainty and calm. The wielder rolls (Charisma + Occult), doubling and banking any successes. Banked successes can be reflexively applied to a single Integrity, Melee or Resistance roll. This effect lasts until the next time the wielder sleeps, and can be renewed only once per day.

THE FUTILITY OF STRUGGLE
                    Those that stand against the one that holds the Gospel of Ruin feel the hope drain from their spirits. The wielder gains double 9s and may reroll [3 or Essence, whichever is greater] 1’s on an Instill action to instill feelings of grief, hopelessness, despair or similar emotions, or weaken an Intimacy towards hope, optimism, or similar feelings.
                    Resonant: For a wielder that is resonant with soulsteel, she may flurry an instill action with no penalty.

FINAL PRAYER STYLE
                    Cost: 6m; Mins: Essence 2
                    Keywords: Form, Uniform
                    Prerequisites: Paean to Darkness
                    With Gospel of Ruin in hand, the wielder prepares to deliver her enemies to the void. While Final Prayer Style is active, the wielder rerolls [Essence] 1s on withering and decisive damage rolls.
                    Special activation rules: Whenever the wielder forces an opponent into Initiative crash, or incapacitates an opponent with lethal damage, she may reflexively activate Final Prayer Style.
                    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, she may spend two motes of essence whenever she slays an opponent. The opponent cannot rise as a ghost or any other type of undead, as their soul has been torn asunder and sent to the void.

STYGIAN ALTER STANCE
                    Cost: 6m; Mins: Essence 2
                    Keywords: Form, Resonant
                    Prerequisites: Futility of Struggle
                    The truth of the Neverborn render all efforts futile and impotent. While Stygian Alter Stance is active, the wielder gains +1 Parry. Against an opponent with an Intimacy towards grief, hopelessness, despair or similar emotions, she gains +2 to Parry instead.
                    Special activation rules: Whenever the wielder deals lethal damage to an opponent that has made an unsuccessful attack roll against her this scene, she may reflexively activate Final Prayer Style.
                    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, she gains a point of Initiative each time she successfully parries an opponents attack.

SERMON OF ENDLESS NIGHT
                    Cost: (+2m); Mins: Essence 3
                    Prerequisites: Futility of Struggle
                    This evocation permanently upgrades it’s prerequisite.
                    When the wielder activates Futility of Struggle, she may spend an additional two motes to negate the penalty for making an influence roll against more than one character. She also gains double 8s and 9s to instill feelings of grief, hopelessness, despair.

BEHOLD THE VOID
                    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 3
                    Prerequisites: Final Prayer Style
                    The wielder of Gospel of Ruin perceives the death that awaits all that live. This Evocation supplements a decisive attack. If successful, convert up to [2+Essence] threshold successes from the attack into dice that are added to the raw damage of the attack.
                    Dissonant: If the wielder is dissonant with soulsteel, this Evocation can only be used against the living; ghosts and other undead are immune to it’s effect.

The Unquiet Damned
                    (Soulsteel Powerbow, Artifact ●●●●)
                    The Unquiet Damned is an artifact longbow crafted of bone and sinew and encased in soulsteel worked with tormented faces, their mouths frozen in an endless scream. As arrows are fired from the bow, each twang of the string is accompanied by the shrieks of the dead. Rumors trace it’s origin to the treasure vaults of the necromancer queen that dwells in the unearthly splendor of the Fortress of Crimson Ice. Though originally crafted for the wars of the dead, The Unquiet Damned has found horrific new purpose in the conflicts of the living.
                    Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium Archery (+12 DMG, OVW 4)
                    Tags: Lethal, Archery(Long)
                    Era: Siege of Stygia

Evocations of The Unquiet Damned

Passive: While attuned to The Unquiet Damned, the wielder gains access to Awaken the Howling Dead at no cost. Their words take on a timbre appealing to dead ears, granting a Presence specialty in Undead, even if they do not have dots in Presence.

AWAKEN THE HOWLING DEAD
                    Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 1
                    Duration: One scene
                    The bow imbues it arrows with dreadful necromantic power, causing those slain to rise as one of the undead. This evocation supplements a decisive attack made with the The Unquiet Damned. If the victim dies from the attack, they rise the following round as a zombie (Ex3, pg. 502-503). The zombie will obey the wielder’s commands to the best of it’s abilities, typically attacking enemies the wielder is engaged with. The animating magic expires quickly, with the zombie collapsing into a regular corpse at the end of the scene. At Essence 3+, the zombies last for one day unless exposed to sunlight for a full scene.
                    Special: If this Evocation is used to destroy ghost, rather than being sent to Lethe (or oblivion), it becomes a shadowy apparition with the traits of a hungry ghost (Ex3, pg. 503-504) under the wielder’s control.
                    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Soulsteel, they may use this evocation reflexively whenever they slay an opponent with The Unquiet Damned.

GRAVE-MARKED HEX
                    Cost: 2m, 1i; Mins: Essence 1
                    Keywords: Withering-only, Perilous, Resonant
                    The Unquiet Damned launches an arrow tainted with a resonance that calls to the dead. This evocation supplements a withering attack made with The Unquiet Damned. If the target loses initiative from this attack, for as long as that target’s initiative is less than that of wielder’s, he suffers a -1 penalty to Defense against attacks made by the undead (such as zombies, ghosts, and similar creatures), but does not include death aspected exalts (such Abyssal and Liminal Exalted). This penalty lasts until the target can raise their initiative above the wielder’s, or until he can recover from Initiative Crash.
                    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Soulsteel, the penalty to Defense applies to attacks made by Abyssal and Liminal Exalts.

FLESH-WRITHING BARB
                    Keywords: Decisive-only, Perilous, Resonant
                    Duration: Until the arrow is removed
                    Prerequisites: Grave-Marked Hex
                    Once an arrow from The Unquiet Damned lodges in the flesh of an enemy, their skin and sinew twists and contorts around the wound until the arrow is removed. This Evocation supplements a decisive attack made with The Unquiet Damned. If successful, any injury caused by the attack resists healing, taking twice as long as normal for the wound to heal. This slowed rate of healing persists as long as the arrow remains lodged in the flesh, which requires either a Medicine roll or a Strength 3 feat of strength, both at difficulty of [3 or Essence, whichever is higher] and inflicts an additional level of lethal damage.
                    Resonant: If the wielder of The Unquiet Damned is resonant with soulsteel, injuries from Flesh-Writing Barb take three times as long to heal.

RAVENING LEGION
                    Duration: One day
                    Prerequisites: Awaken the Howling Dead
                    As long as there is an ample supply of corpses, The Unquiet Damned can raise an army of zombies under her command, up to a size 2 battle group with poor Drill and Might 1. In order to be reanimated, each corpse must be impaled with an arrow (but this does not need to be the cause of death). Zombies remain animated for one day unless exposed to sunlight for a full scene.
                    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Soulsteel, the battle group has average Drill instead.

DEATH’S TRIUMPHANT ROAR
                    Cost: 4m; Mins: Essence 4
                    Prerequisites: Grave-Marked Hex, Ravening Legion
                    This evocation permanently upgrades Ravening Legion
                    By spending and additional four motes of Essence when using Ravening Legion, the wielder may increase the might of the risen dead. As long as there are enough corpses, the wielder can raise up to a size 3 battle group of zombies with average Drill and Might 1. Only thirteen corpses need be pierced with an arrow to raises a size 2 or 3 battle group.
                    Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with Soulsteel, the battle group has elite Drill instead.

Comment

Bewail
                      (Moonsilver/Soulsteel Wrackstaff, Artifact ●●●)
                      Crafted during the dark days of the Great Contagion by the Changing Moon Koperia, Bewail accompanied her on her travels across Creation, seeking a cure for what appeared to be an incurable plague. She chronicled the sorrow of the survivors as they attempted to cope with the staggering loss of life, helping both living and dead move on. Bewail was lost for centuries in the Underworld but has recently been seen in Creation once more. Bewail appears as a transverse flute made from moonsilver and soulsteel. With a flick of the wrist it can transform into a sturdy wrackstaff. It is etched with scenes of mourners lamenting their dead.

Attunement: 5m; Type: Medium (+3 ACC, +12 DMG, +1 DEF, OVW 4)
                      Tags: Bashing, Melee, Reaching
                      Era: The Great Contagion

Evocations of Bewail

Passive: While attuned, Bewail may be collapsed to a soulsteel rod 18 inches in length. While in this form, Bewail is hollow and has holes allowing its use as an exceptional flute that is durable enough to be used as a mundane club. It may be extended back to its full length as a reflexive action.

SONG OF REPOSE
                      Cost: 6m; Mins: Performance 2, Essence 1
                      Keywords: Perilous, Psyche
                      Sleep is the sister of Death. When using Bewail as a flute, the performer may play a gentle tune that relaxes and lulls the listener to slumber. She rolls (Charisma+Performance) against the targets Resolve. If successful, the target loses 3 initiative and suffers a -1 penalty to Defense until their next turn. If the target is in Initiative Crash, they fall asleep for the rest of the scene. Song of Repose may be placed in a flurry.
                      A sleeping target may be awakened by sufficient stimulus, such as a slap to the face or a loud noise. The target makes a (Perception + Resistance) roll with a difficulty equal to the performer's Essence, waking up if successful. Suffering any damage awakens the target automatically.
                      This Evocation functions on Ghosts with Essence equal to or less than the performers. Rather than being lulled to sleep, the ghost is called to Lethe unless they spend 1 Willpower.

SORROWFUL LAMENT
                      Cost: 6m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 2, Essence 1
                      Keywords: Perilous, Psyche
                      Duration: Scene
                      While Bewail is collapsed into the form of a flute, the performer may play a haunting melody that invokes feelings of grief and lament. She may make an inspire roll using (Charisma+Performance) against the Resolve of each enemy that can hear the song within medium range. If it succeeds, the subject is overcome with grief and suffers a −3 penalty to all non-reflexive actions for as long as the song persists, unless she spends 1 Willpower to resist. Any given character only needs to resist Sorrowful Lament once per scene. To maintain this effect round to round, the performer must flurry a miscellaneous action in which she continues to play each round. This effect ends if the performer is crashed or successfully grappled.

THE BLACK NOTE
                      Cost: —; Mins: Performance 3, Essence 2
                      Prerequisite Charms: Song of Repose
                      While Bewail is collapsed into the form of a flute, it may produce a harsh, discordant piercing note, generating waves of sound that strike with physical force. Using this Evocation allows the wielder to make attacks that have the traits of a mundane light weapon with the bashing and thrown (short) tags, except that she rolls her attacks with Performance rather than Thrown.
                      At Essence 4, attacks made with the Black Note have the traits of an artifact light weapon.
                      Resonant: If the performer of the Black Note is resonant with Soulsteel or Moonsilver, she may make attacks with the lethal tag.

CONCERT OF OBLIVION
                      Cost: 8m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 4, Essence 3
                      Prerequisite Charms: The Black Note
                      While Bewail is collapsed into the form of a flute, it can funnel raw entropy from the darkest depths of the Underworld. The performer rolls (Charisma+Performance) against Difficulty 3. If successful, she is surrounded by rippling sound waves resonant with the shrieks of the dead and the whispers of the undying out to Medium Range. This area becomes an Environmental Hazard that deals 2i/round (damage becomes lethal in Crash) and has a difficulty (Essence) to resist. The performer is immune to this effect. This Evocation is equally effective on the dead as it is on the living. Ghosts destroyed this way are lost forever.
                      To maintain this effect round to round, the performer must flurry a miscellaneous action in which she continues to play each round. This effect ends if the performer is Crashed or successfully grappled.
                      Resonant: If the performer of the Concert of Oblivion is resonant with Soulsteel or Moonsilver, she may spend an additional two motes to focus the attack on enemies only, leaving allies unharmed.

Caphias’s Lyre
                      (Moonsilver Lyre, Artifact ●●●)
                      The instrument that has become known as Caphias’s Lyre belonged to the eponymous God Blooded who lived during the First Age and who eventually became the Exigent of the God of Tales. The Lyre is beautifully crafted of moonsilver, with green jade, exotic woods and the sinew of great beasts incorporated into its design. The lyre accompanied Caphias during his travels across Creation as he recorded what he observed in story and song. It is said that Caphias was murdered during the waning days of the First Age; silenced for his observations about the growing corruption within the Solar Deliberative. While it has re-appeared multiple times over the passing centuries, it has not been seen since shortly after the Realm’s fourth attempt to invade the River Province.

Attunement: 5m; Type: Light Thrown (+7 DMG, OVW 1)
                      Range: Close +4, Short +3, Medium +2, Long -1, Extreme -3*
                      Tags: Lethal, Thrown (Short), Special

Evocations of Caphias’s Lyre

Passive: Caphias’s Lyre is an exceptional musical instrument. In addition, an exalt attuned to the Lyre may pluck its strings to focus a sonic attack against an opponent. This attack has the traits of a mundane light weapon with lethal and thrown (short) tags. The performer rolls her attacks with (Wits+Performance) rather than Thrown. The performer may use Charisma rather than Strength when determining damage.

TRUTH SINGER’S MELODY
                      Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 2, Essence 1
                      Keywords: Mute, Psyche
                      By plucking the strings of Caphias’s Lyre to create a pleasant, improvised melody, the performer may compel the listener’s to speak openly and honestly. She may make an inspire roll using (Charisma+Performance) against the Resolve of each person that can hear the song within medium range. If it succeeds, the subject finds it difficult to lie or otherwise be deliberately misleading; suffering a −2 penalty to all attempts to deceive with her words or actions for as long as the song persists, unless she spends 1 Willpower to resist. Any given character only needs to resist Truth Singer’s Melody once per scene. To maintain this effect round to round, the performer must flurry a miscellaneous action in which she continues to play each round. This effect ends if the performer is crashed or successfully grappled. This only extends to attempts to willingly and knowingly lie; sincerely held (if erroneous) statements and beliefs are immune to this effect.

ODE TO THE VALIANT
                      Cost: 5m, 1wp; Mins: Performance 2, Essence 1
                      Keywords: Mute, Psyche
                      Prerequisite Charms: Truth Singer’s Melody
                      The performer may play an anthem that lifts spirits and rouses the courage of friends and allies that hear it. She may make an inspire roll using (Charisma+Performance) against the Resolve of each allied person that can hear the song within medium range. If it succeeds, the subject gains an additional +1 Resolve bonus when calling upon a positive minor, major or defining Intimacy to resist influence rolls based upon fear or despair for as long as the song persists. To maintain this effect round to round, the performer must flurry a miscellaneous action in which she continues to play each round. This effect ends if the performer is crashed or successfully grappled.

BLOOD DRAWN ACROSS STRINGS
                      Cost: —; Mins: Performance 3, Essence 2
                      The pitch and frequency of Caphias’s Lyre intensifies. Once this Evocation is learned, attacks made with Caphias’s Lyre uses the traits for an artifact light thrown weapon instead.
                      Resonant: If the wielder of Caphias’s Lyre is resonant with Moonsilver, she may make attacks using either the mundane or artifact thrown weapon traits, and may apply the bashing tag, as she sees fit.

A CHRONICLE IN SONG
                      Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 2
                      Prerequisite Charms: Ode to the Valiant, Truth Singer’s Melody
                      Countless songs of triumph, romance and tragedy were composed and performed on Caphias’s Lyre, and it retains an echo of each one. The performer spends a few minutes playing the instrument, focusing on old stories and barely remembered songs. At the end, she makes a ([Mental Attribute] + [Lore or Performance]) roll with [Essence] bonus success to introduce a fact gleaned from a millenniums worth of story and song. Performer’s often spontaneously recall songs and stories not heard by living ears in centuries.

Comment

The Bell of Distant Voices
                        (Starmetal Hand Bell, Artifact ●●●)
                        This mid-sized hand bell is crafted from starmetal with a blue jade clapper and a handle fashioned from wood grown in the furthest reaches of the east. When rung, it emits a deep, melodic chime. The Bell of Distant Voices was created by the Sidereal craftswoman Kali Kaja during the First Age as a way to communicate with friends and loved ones, and to watch over them when she was not around. She made several versions of this artifact, most of which have become lost over time.

Evocations of The Bell of Distant Voices

The Bell of Distant Voices may be attuned for three motes. Once attuned, the Exalt can gain an impression of the physical and emotional well-being on an individual they have a Major or Defining positive Intimacy for, regardless of distance as long as they are within one thousand miles of the user. The Exalt may spend a mote and make a Perception+Socialize roll against the targets Guile. If the target does not have a Major or Defining positive Intimacy towards the Exalt, increase their Guile by +2. If successful, the Exalt gains an impression of the targets current emotional state (angry, content, sad, worried, etc.)and their physical condition (Healthy, Fatigued, Injured, Sick, etc.). This does not tell the exalt the cause of their current emotional or physical state, and it only tells what they are experiencing at that moment. If the roll is failed, The Exalt gains no knowledge of that individuals well being and cannot try again for at least one day. The possessor of the bell may also learn Evocations that enhance its power.

FAR AWAY WHISPER
                        This Evocation expands the capabilities of The Bell of Distant Voices. Once the Exalt has successfully gained an impression of the mental and physical state of a Major or Defining positive Intimacy, she may ring the bell. When she does so, the targeted individual will hear it. The Exalt may then speak aloud, which the target will hear as well. Each activation of this Evocation allows her to speak three or four simple sentences or one long, complex sentence. This communication is one-way, the target cannot respond without similar magic of their own. Further, the chime and the following words are heard only by the target, and at a whispers volume, which could be drowned out by ambient noise from the targets surroundings.

RESONANT CHIME CLARITY
                        Cost: -; Mins: Essence 2
                        Prerequisites: Far Away Whisper
                        This Evocation enhances Far Away Whisper. It allows the target of the Evocation to reply to the Exalt. Each time the target hears a message from The Bell of Distant Voices, they may respond with a message of similar length and complexity. In addition, both the Exalt and target hear each others voices clearly, cutting through any surrounding noise. Both parties must speak aloud, which may create the conspicuous sight of someone having an animated conversation with themselves.

Sunrise Plum
                        (Artifact ●●)
                        This artifact was crafted to provide sustenance for Exalts traveling across hostile lands where food resources might be scarce. It takes the form of a plum pit crafted of green jade and orichalcum. When attuned for two motes and planted in moist soil, the seed will sprout a small plum tree overnight and grow a single, ripe plum with the first light of morning. This plum is large, juicy, and flavorful. If attuned for three motes, the seed can be planted in arid or otherwise infertile soil, and if attuned for four motes it can be planted in water (fresh water, sea water or even snow are viable). Each additional mote added to the attunement allows an additional fruit to be grown, to a maximum of three plums. Each plum is a full meal in itself, and bolsters the Exalts endurance, granting double 9’s on Resistance rolls to resist the effects of fatigue, illness, or harsh weather for one day. Once the flesh is eaten from the last fruit, the jade pit remains, ready to be used again while the tree crumbles to dust within a few hours.

Comment

Meadowhawk
                          (Gossamer Short Powerbow, Artifact ●●●)
                          Spun from gossamer and essence, the bow Meadowhawk takes the form of a curved braid of woven grass that turns to hardened amber at the ends of it’s limbs. These amber portions are carved with a motif of feathers and raptor talons. When it fires an arrow, the weapon shrieks like a diving hawk. It was crafted by the raksha known as Lareos, the Warlord of the Amber Veldt during one of the last great campaigns against Creation by the Fair Folk. It was used to strike at and harry the Creation-born during Lareos’s numerous raids across the vast grasslands of Medo for generations. When Lareos fell, the weapon remained behind.
                          Attunement: 5m; Type: Light Archery (+10 DMG, OVW 3)
                          Tags: Lethal, Archery(Long), Mounted
                          Era: Treaty of the Confederation of Rivers

Evocations of Meadowhawk

Passive: Most wyld-crafted objects are tied intimately to their creators, and cannot survive the Fair Folk’s destruction, Meadowhawk has acclimated to existing in Creation, and will persist even if it’s creator is no more. Wielder’s that are resonant with gossamer reduce the attunement cost of Meadowhawk by 1.

HAWK SNATCHES SPARROW
                          Keywords: Uniform
                          Like a hawk targeting a single sparrow hiding in the grass, the wielder’s aim compensates for obstruction, re-rolling up to [3 or Essence, whichever is greater] 1s and 2s to attack a target behind light or heavy cover.

SHRIEKING RAPTOR STRIKE
                          Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 1
                          Prerequisite Charms: Hawk Snatches Sparow
                          When launched from Meadowhawk, arrows emit an ear-splitting cry capable of deafening it’s target. This is a decisive attack that re-rolls [3 or Essence, whichever is greater] 1s and 2s on the attack roll. If the target is successfully dealt lethal damage, the target is deafened (Ex3, pg. 168). Exalts and similar beings are only deafened until the end of the scene, while mortals are deafened until the lethal damage is completely healed.

GLAMOUR-FLETCHED QUARREL
                          Cost: 2m, 2i; Mins: Essence 2
                          Keywords: Perilous, Uniform
                          Prerequisite Charms: Shrieking Raptor Strike
                          The power of the raksha lingers within the bow, it’s piercing shrieks become capable of eroding it’s target’s mind and spirit. If an attack supplemented by this charm would inflict an onslaught penalty on an opponent, a penalty of (½ the target’s current onslaught penalty, rounded up) is also applied to that target’s Resolve until their next turn.

SOUL-DRINKING BOLT
                          Cost: 3m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
                          Prerequisite Charms: Glamour-Fletched Quarrel
                          The arrows of Meadowhawk pierce the soul, and drink deeply. This Evocation supplements a decisive attack. If successful, the wielder makes an opposed roll of (Essence + current temporary Willpower) against the target, gaining 1 mote of essence for each threshold success. Soul-Drinking Bolt can be used once per scene, but may be reset if a non-trivial opponent the wielder is engage in combat with is reduced to zero temporary Willpower.

Ruby Stained Grass
                          (Gossamer Direlance, Artifact ●●●)
                          The direlance named Ruby Stained Grass (also called Lareos’s End) was the chosen weapon of the raksha warlord Lareos. Crafted from gossamer and the desire for conquest, Ruby Stained Grass takes the form of a woven braid of flaxen grasses that is nonetheless harder than steel. It’s spearhead is a gleaming ruby crystal, anointed with blood that never dries. The horsemen and nomads of the great Medo plains have long avoided the Amber Veldt, a place where the sky turns lavender and a golden sea of grass blows in phantom winds. Lareos rode across these lands at the front of a horde of hobgoblins riding feral horses warped by the powers of the Wyld. When his depredations were ended by the Chosen, Ruby Stained Grass remained.

Attunement: 5m; Type: Heavy Melee (+1 ACC, +14 DMG, +0 DEF, OVW 5)
                          Tags: Lethal, Melee, Piercing, Reaching; Two-Handed when on foot
                          Era: Treaty of the Confederation of Rivers

Evocations of Ruby Stained Grass

Passive: Most wyld-crafted objects are tied intimately to their creators, and cannot survive the Fair Folk’s destruction, Ruby Stained Grass has acclimated to existing in Creation, and persists even after the destruction of it’s creator. Wielder’s that are resonant with gossamer reduce the attunement cost of Ruby Stained Grass by 1.

HEART-SEEKING STRIKE
                          Ruby Stained Grass is attuned to the weaknesses of the Creation-born, and closes in when a vulnerability is exposed. Against a crashed opponent, double 10s on a decisive damage roll.

HIGH-PLAIN’S STRIDE
                          Cost: —; Mins: Essence 1
                          Ruby Stained Grass extends its blessing of speed and agility to it’s wielder and any beast that carries her. While Ruby Stained Grass is attuned, any creature the wielder rides increases it Speed Bonus by +1.

REAPING WIND
                          Cost: 5m,1wp; Mins: Essence 2
                          Keywords: Dual
                          Prerequisite Charms: Heart-Seeking Strike
                          The wielder may use this Evocation from short range to dash past her opponent, striking him at close range. If her attack is withering, it gains double 9’s on the damage roll. If it is decisive, it may reroll a number of 1’s equal to (3 or Essence, whichever is higher) on the damage roll. The wielder ends the attack standing at short range. This counts as the character’s movement for the round.
                          In order to use this Evocation, the wielder must be at higher Initiative than her opponent, and at 8+ Initiative.
                          Special: If the wielder of Ruby Stained Grass is mounted, the Evocation may be used from Medium range.

DREAMBORN CHARGER
                          Cost: 12m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
                          Duration: One day
                          Prerequisites: High-Plain’s Stride
                          Calling upon the power of the Wyld, the wielder of Ruby Stained Grass can weave their dreams and desires into a mighty beast to carry them into battle. This Evocation creates a riding beast with the traits of an exceptional war horse (p. 567) with dots of mutation merits equal to (1+wielder’s Essence). While the form of the beast is typically of a riding animal such as a horse or austrech, the creature can take the forms of mighty dire-wolves, great cats, or other exotic shapes as dictated by the wielder. Regardless of form, the dream-beast will always be blood red in coloration. The creature never tires, hungers, or thirsts, and need not sleep. It cannot be intimidated, nor can its loyalty be shaken. Its existence is an extension of the wielder's own.

BLOOD-STAINED TORNADO ASSAULT
                          Cost: 5m; Mins: Essence 3
                          Keywords: Uniform
                          Prerequisite Charms: Reaping Wind
                          Armed with Ruby Stained Grass, the wielder becomes a blur of violence, striking enemies on all sides. The wielder doubles up to (1+Essence) 9s on an attack roll. When attacking a battle group, she adds its Size to the number of dice that can be doubled.
                          Special: If the wielder of Ruby Stained Grass is mounted, she may double 8s as well as 9s

Comment

Onyx Horizon
                            (Soulsteel Reaper Daiklave, Artifact ●●●)
                            Onyx Horizon is a reaper daiklaive crafted from pitch-dark soulsteel and inlaid with silver and decorated with onyx stones. The blade was crafted by servants of the Deathlord Mask of Winters shortly after the conquest of Thorns, and was forged from the souls of several of the city’s fallen defenders. The weapon’s edge is preternaturally keen, allowing it to slice through flesh, armor, and barriers with ease. The weapon was granted to one of the Deathlord’s favored Nemissaries, but was lost when that warrior was defeated in battle.
                            Era: Time of Tumult – Fall of Thorns

Evocations of Onyx Horizon

Passive: When an Exalt that is attuned with Onyx Horizon uses the weapon to destroy an object (Exalted 3e, pg. 229), they may spend a mote of Essence to add an additional automatic success. At Essence 3+, they may spend two motes to add two additional automatic successes instead.

EDGE OF EVENTIDE
                            Bringing the viciously sharp edge of Onyx Horizon to bear an opponent. This evocation supplements a decisive attack. If successful, the wielder may double up to [Essence] 10’s on the damage roll and ignores [Essence] Hardness.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, she may double any 10’s on the damage roll and ignores [2+Essence] Hardness.

DYING LIGHT BARRAGE
                            Keywords: Resonant, Withering-only
                            Prerequisites: Edge of Eventide
                            A flurry of targeted blows strikes their opponents armor at it’s weakest points.
                            The wielder makes a withering attack against an opponent, ignoring a point of soak from their worn armor by 1 for each 10 or 1 rolled on the attack, to a maximum of [3 or Essence, whichever is higher] points.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, they add (Essence) Overwhelming to a withering attack instead.

WEEPING CRIMSON VESPER
                            Prerequisites: Edge of Eventide, Dying Light Barrage
                            Wounds caused by Onyx Horizon bleed profusely, stubbornly resisting even the heightened healing abilities of the Exalted. When Weeping Crimson Vesper is used to supplement a decisive attack, as long as it deals 3+ lethal damage, the victim suffers heavy bleeding, taking another level of lethal damage and losing a point of Initiative at the end of each subsequent round for (wielder’s Essence or 3, whichever is higher)rounds. This evocation cannot be used on creatures that do not have blood or are incapable of bleeding.
                            A character who is bleeding out from his wounds can have the flow of blood stanched with an (Intelligence + Medicine) roll as a miscellaneous action, with a difficulty equal to the wielder's Essence (minimum difficulty 1, maximum 5). Weeping Crimson Vesper can be used once per scene, but may be reset if an opponent is incapacitated or killed by blood loss caused by this Evocation.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, at Essence 3+they gain the ability to use this evocation on beings that do not bleed, forcing them to leak strange fluids, vapors or vital energies.

A RAZOR DRAWN ACROSS THE HEART
                            Cost: 6m; Mins: Essence 3
                            Prerequisites: Edge of Eventide, Weeping Crimson Vesper
                            No longer limited to cutting through the material, Onyx Horizon can strike at an individuals beliefs, passions and emotions. The wielder makes a decisive attack against an opponent. If the attack is successful, and deals 1+ lethal damage, the wielder may reflexively make a (Charisma+Presence) roll against the target’s Resolve. This is considered an Instill action that targets a Major Intimacy that the wielder is aware of, but does not require that the target posses a supporting Intimacy. Success weakens that Intimacy by 1 level. At Essence 5+, the wielder may target a Defining Intimacy that they are aware of. Intimacies weakened by this Evocation are restored to their normal level at the end of the scene.
                            A Razor Drawn Across the Heart can be used once per scene, but may be reset if an opponent spends a point of Willpower to prevent a Major Intimacy from being weakened by this Evocation.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with soulsteel, the degraded Intimacies remain until the damage that caused them is healed.

Zephyr Vitriolic
                            (Orichalcum Short Powerbow, Artifact ●●●●)
                            Zephyr Vitriolic is a powerbow of elegant design; slender of form with a deep re-curve, it is crafted of dark ironwood and encased in orichalcum. It’s metal bears a greenish tint and its wood appears silvery in places, which only enhances it overall beauty. The name of it’s crafter has been lost to the ages, but they were rumored to have been a Solar Exalted who walked through the gates of Malfeas seeking wisdom. After an age of supping at the tables of the Princes of Hell and listening to the whispers of the conquered and maimed, they returned to Creation and poured what they had learned into the bow. After disappearing in the days following the Usurpation, rumors place Zephyr Vitriolic in the hands of one whose voice speaks of a reckoning, and whose eyes dance with emerald fire.
                            Attunement: 5m; Type: Light Archery (+10 DMG, OVW 3)
                            Tags: Lethal, Archery(Long), Mounted

Evocations of Zephyr Vitriolic

Passive: A wielder attuned to Zephyr Vitriolic awakens Agonizing Quarrel at no cost. If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, a native of Malfeas, or is demon-blooded, they reduce the difficulty of environmental hazards from infernal sources by 1,to a minimum difficulty of 0. This includes such perils as vitriolic vapors, the ravenous swarms of Alveua, sandstorms from the deserts of Cecelyne, or even the deadly winds of Adorjan.

AGONIZING QUARREL
                            Cost: 2m, 2i; Mins: Essence 1
                            Keywords: Decisive-only, Perilous, Resonant, Stackable
                            Zephyr Vitriolic launches arrows tainted with the spite of the Yozi, searing flesh with intensified pain. This Evocation supplements a decisive attack. If successful, the target suffers a cumulative -1 penalty from the searing pain. These penalties are cumulative to a total penalty of - [3 or Essence, whichever is higher], and last until the end of the scene.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, a native of Malfeas, or is demon-blooded, the penalties last for one day.

CAUSTIC TEARS TECHNIQUE
                            Keywords: Resonant, Withering-only
                            Prerequisites: Agonizing Quarrel
                            The arrow fired by Zephyr Vitriolic is infused with theion-to, the corrosive vitriol of Malfeas. When making a withering attack with Zephyr Vitriolic gains the Piercing tag, which may be used without incurring an Initiative cost. In addition, if this attack put the target into Initiative Crash, reduce the soak value of any mundane armor they are wearing by 1. This reduction to the armor’s soak value remains until it is repaired.
                            At Essence 3+, reduce the soak value of artifact armor a Crashed opponent is wearing by 1. This reduction to an artifact’s soak is restored at the end of the scene.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, a native of Malfeas, or is demon-blooded, reduce the soak value of armor worn by a Crashed opponent by 2.

ACRID VAPOR RISING
                            Cost: 4m, 2i; Mins: Essence 2
                            Duration: (Essence) turns
                            Prerequisites: Caustic Tears Technique
                            Where an arrow from Zephyr Vitriolic lands, it generates a cloud of acidic smoke. The wielder targets an arrow at a point within medium range as the center of a cloud of burning vapor, which extends out to short range from that point. This area becomes an Environmental Hazard that deals [½ Essence, rounded up]i/round and has a difficulty (3 or Essence, whichever is higher) to resist. If targets in the affected are in Initiative Crash, the damage becomes [½ Essence, rounded up]B/round. Characters within the area of the cloud also suffer a-2 penalty to visual and scent-based Awareness rolls. The cloud disperses after [Essence] turns.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, a native of Malfeas, or is demon-blooded, the cloud disperses after [3+Essence] turns.

DISSOLUTION OF FORM
                            Prerequisites: Caustic Tears Technique
                            The arrows of Zephyr Vitriolic become potent enough to dissolve flesh, metal, wood, and stone. The wielder makes decisive attack. If successful, she may forgo 3 levels of damage to target one of the victims limbs or sensory organs (such as arms, hands, legs, ears, eyes, etc.). A limb or organ so stuck, begins to liquefy, incurring a -1 cumulative penalty each turn (to a maximum penalty of -3) that applies to attempts to use the targeted limb or organ. A given limb or organ can only be target once. This is a shaping effect. Exalted and those with equivalent healing recover the damage in three days. For mortals the injuries linger until they receive aid from healing charms or other magic.
                            This Evocation may also be used to make disarm gambits at targets within medium range, destroying mundane weapons on a success and my Stunt to perform a feat of demolition (Exalted, pp. 229). Lastly, the corpses of those slain by Dissolution of Form dissolve into a sticky, noxious sludge.

RAIN OF THEION-TO
                            Cost: 8m, 1wp; Mins: Essence 3
                            Duration: (3+Essence) turns
                            Prerequisites: Acrid Vapor
                            With an arrow launched high into the air, the sky opens with a driving rain of vitriol, laying waste to anything caught in the downpour. The wielder must be outdoors to use this Evocation. Firing an arrow into the sky causes vitriol to rain down out to medium range from that point. This area becomes an Environmental Hazard that deals 2L/round and has a difficulty (3 or Essence, whichever is higher) to resist. This rain causes havoc; killing or maiming plants and animals, and damaging or destroying mundane structures and objects. The wielder is immune to the effects of the vitriolic rain; the acrid drops pattering off of her skin, clothing, and possessions as harmless as rain water. This Evocation can only be used once per scene.
                            At Essence 5+, the Environmental hazard deal 4L/round.
                            Resonant: If the wielder is resonant with orichalcum, a native of Malfeas, or is demon-blooded, they may extend their immunity to the vitriolic rain to [Essence] designated targets within medium range.

Comment

Working...
                            X